All Activity
- Past hour
-
I don't think there's many giving us a chance today but what we do want is a performance that gives us belief we are heading in right direction. COYW
-
Nah no chance of us being involved in any relegation or playoff dramas, for me Killie, St Mirren and St Johnstone are the bottom three. I am confident we will finish top six again.
-
Probably us and St Mirren.
- Today
-
I think the biggest thing we miss about Slattery is his ability to take it in tight spaces and win fouls. It allowed us to get up the park and keep the pressure on opposing teams whenever it looked like they might get a foothold. Obviously he had great technical ability too, but I think Lowry has that in buckets. For me Just has been the biggest miss for his work rate and winning the ball back high up the pitch (not to mention his goals and assists), closely followed by Watt for his ability to dictate the tempo of the game. To lose all 3 in one window was a sore one. Hoping Oscar isnt far away from full fitness as his return will help us and a few more weeks on the training pitch should have helped build the relationships between Fadinger, Hodge and Lowry. Shame Williams has got injured as it would have been nice to see Longelo utilised further forward, but I guess he will maintain his LWB role for now. Looking forward to this today. Its been a long window, even for those of us who follow the national team, so good to get back to club football. Up The Well! 🧡❤️🧡
-
We've got the same number of points are in the same spot in the table as we were this time last season. I think we've done pretty well in replacing a number of the players we sold, although time will tell in the coming months. Unsurprisingly, to me at least, I think Slattery has been the biggest loss and the one most difficult to replace.
-
On a slight, but Celtic related, tangent, I have watched a few Ipswich games this season and was watching their game against Fulham earlier. It's funny to watch Maeda running into the box and take a dive and for the refs and VAR to just ignore him. He was at it again today, and again it was (rightly) waved away. If it had happened at Fir Park, the ref would have blown his whistle before he hit the ground.
-
There was a huge over reaction after the Rangers and Dundee games when in reality two howling goalkeeping errors were our undoing.. I still don't think we will get anything today cos Celtic have better players. October is huge for us cos two midweek games so alot of games that could set the tone for the rest of our season. Outside the big city clubs you rarely see a club having back to back good seasons because their success is sold from under them and that's our likely position this season. Im struggling to see what team will be the fall guy this year which is a pity. I always like to see someone detached early to give us some breathing space. I don't think that will happen this season. Everything is in the balance.
-
I think we will lose because I don't think we have the players to beat them. I'm not convinced our recruitment has been as good as we maybe thought. Time will tell. One pound gets you a hundred Maswanhise will start and be our main threat cos we are trying to protect his January selling price.
-
Correct, it always happens when thing just ain't 100%. His interviews are absolutely no different from those of JBA. They are all shite cos you are listening to journos talk the biggest load of shite.
- Yesterday
-
The whole ticketing thing though , 4 potential people who were up for going to the game won't be now . Adults and Kids No purchase history of course as they are not regulars , so they asked me to help. Ticket office shut today of course , and tonight no purchases online either unless I get them for the Hearts or St Mirren game . Fed up, and it is a thanks but no thanks now despite my offer to try and get them tomorrow I completely understand why we want to avoid giving them to the wrong people , the flip side of the coin we will also lose money, and more empty seats if someone genuine wants one
-
I hope we can get a great result tomorrow but just a reminder we were 2nd bottom in November last year and things improved. Keep the faith
-
I am fully still supportive of Alfred Johansson. We are still still playing good football without recent results Hopefully one result to kickstart things and getting us going again. If not tomorrow then definetly next weekend.
-
We are also 3 points off 5th. We do need to get points on the board sooner rather than later though. Not sure whether it will be tomorrow or not. Id settle for a good solid performance, to see that some of the work on the training pitch has been absorbed by the players. It would also be nice not to get ripped apart at the back.
-
Well after today's matches we are 3 points off bottom along with st Johnstone and Aberdeen,im just looking for something to cheer now last few games have been underwhelming, Celtic can be got at but they do have a decent strike force ,so if we can keep the door shut at the back , keep McGregor out the game we could cause them a few problems, however if we play anything like recently then it will be a doing .
-
I like Alfred. I think he treats interviews in a similar manner to Jens. Just with a little less menace! 😍😍😍
-
And telling Rangers fans they let their club die annoys them. Happy to play both sides of the coin! 😉😉😉
-
I dont know what people are looking for in interviews, I only watched it because of some comments on here. I thought he was engaging and good value, think people are looking for things that aren't there.
-
Theres a reason they were called that and all the merchandise and " rivalry" or bigotry is still there , so they will always be old firm to me. Its only the celtic fans it seems to annoy so lets call them the old firm.
- Last week
-
I’m with you in that grizzly - had he followed Alexander , Kettlewell etc then we’d prob be happy enough . But Jen’s was incredible and engaging. Not saying all managers will be - but listening to Alfred for 10+ mins was tough . Don’t worry , 3 pts at the weekend and I’ll be signing his praises To be honest I’m just looking for a better team performance
-
And if a ref was brave enough to award a last minute pen for a potential winner, VAR would have him summoned to the monitor in 0.00001 seconds for a wee chat.
-
👍
-
Everyone entitled to opinion pal so that's your view which is absolutely fine. If we hadn't lost last 3 games I don't think its even up for discussion. Jens at times didnt look enthusiastic but in dressing room a different beast and I have no doubt Alfred will be the same. He's following a tough act which I think has been one of the issues.
-
No one outside the uglies ever gets a last minute penalty to win when playing either of them…unless we have a biscuit tin deeper than the one in the referees room at the Peadodrome 😎
-
I want to warm to him and don't dislike him . Similar to your earlier post I couldn't and didn't listen to all 14 mins of the pre match. Much could have been covered in a few mins or give me the highlights of the conversation. Partly because the questions aren't great and partly because there wasn't that much content. But without wanting to ripped apart here. - I don't find him that engaging and if I was a player listening every day I don't think I'd he'd fire me up. That doesn't mean he won't do well etc , more of an observation at this stage.