All Activity
- Past hour
-
No worries pal but I certainly wasn't expecting preferential treatment. I was highlighting a very valid concern and although I wouldn't expect a war and peace reply I would have hoped after 4 weeks there would have been some response. I also did highlight that I appreciate the work they do as its a big commitment. Ps. No way would I share their reply on Facebook, jeez!! The amount of moaners on there is another level
-
Sorry, don't agree. Given the posters involved, the Society will know who they are. The ones who have commented on here are extremely unlikely to be emailing them constantly over multifarious trivial issues. Unless the communication is illegal in nature, fractious or abusive then I think members are entitled to a reply. The Society does need to be more open. Its essential in fact.
- Today
-
I can see their point can't answer every email . They could come from anywhere jurnos included . It would be a full time job for someone. Who will probably need some approval from others before a reply is even considered, so they don't say the wrong thing in a society email . Also if they did reply to all emails, the replys would be plastered all over Facebook and forums for every tom dick n harry to pick over it with a microscope. I'm sure email has been noted but paying a couple of quid a month doesn't give you any preferencal treatment really to demand a reply . That's a problem with fan ownership everyone thinks they are a major share holder, deserve recognition and should have a say in every decision 🙄 They way they are running it seems fine to me and it's producing results.
-
Well then they are not fit for purpose if they are failing to properly address and deal with people who are continually harming the club financially.
-
I get the feeling that the Board and/or WS don't want to play the bad cop by dishing out some punishments. That's fair enough after the initial incidents, pointing out the penalities and asking to not to repeat. Now there has been a repeat, however, they need to take appropriate action.
-
Being on the WS board is a big commitment and totally appreciate the work that gets done. Does sometimes feel like happy to take any praise and enjoy the overseas trips but any issues that need addressed they don't want to get involved. Just my view
-
Agree with this 100%. The silence from the Society as well as the Club on a variety of issues shows little respect for fans that have raised concerns. There appears to be a unified approach in ignoring such matters and trusting them to disappear. I have no doubt the points you mention will have been discussed by both Boards, separately and jointly, but more with the intention of playing matters down rather than addressing valid concerns. As for who runs the Club. I don't think anyone is suggesting the Society is in a position to/or should resolve all the issues under discussion. But the Society should at the very least be highlighting concerns and pushing the Club Board to come up with reasonable proposals. And to also present regular updates regarding infrastructure matters. It all comes across as very cosy and secretive. In fact much like the situation before the Barmack repercussions. Sad to say.
-
The Well Society doesn't run the club. The Board fulfills those duties.
-
As you know Dave im not a WS member and never will be, as ive always maintained that the club is too small for true fan ownership, so i get the impression that the WS reps are quite happy to take the recognition of a seat on the board etc, but on a sit quietly and say nothing basis. For me they are only informed about. What the club board wants them to know and the wont raise their heads above the parapet to raise the real issues, ie fan conduct, inadequate seating, ridiculous kick off times etc. The fans are contributing significant amounts of cash into what is effectively a rainy day fund for the board but get no significant information or consultation on any major desicion affecting the club in return. True fan ownership would see the WS memers as individual shareholders in their own right and collectively the major shareholder, so change is required.
-
What's this? The bowling committee style approach to running a football club might not work after all...who'd have thought it?
-
I get that 100% Grizzly and I know a few others have become a bit disillusioned with the Society, as have I. The issue of the POD seats annoyed me. Of late, communication has been an issue for me. We are frequently kept informed of minor matters(nothing wrong with that per se), but not of major strategic matters such as the training complex or the feasibility report. As for the latter, I'm not expecting a detailed blow by blow account but simply an update on progress. In contrast, some members have encountered difficulties in getting their feedback taken on board or even considered. Not good enough for a fan led organisation. I have wondered of late just how much actual power the Society holds on the MFC board, despite being the proxy owner. Sorry for the off topic rant, but its been coming for a while, and Grizzly's post was the catalyst.
- Yesterday
-
Cheers bud, not trying to be a martyr but just so disappointed with lack of reply yet happy to let board members post photos of the displays that have cost us another €21,000. Not even in mood for telling a joke so heyyyyyy....every cloud 🤪
-
Fair play to you, if they can't be bothered to reply to paying members about legitimate concerns then it kinda shows the mentality of some.
-
I emailed club and well society 4 weeks ago about concerns regarding the fines we have been paying. Not had a single reply so that's the well society membership being cancelled, quite sure they wont be in least bit bothered but hey ho.
-
Countless times bud
-
You were also on crimewatch for criminal jokes.🤣
-
You don't know half of it pal....I was even on back page of Motherwell times 🤣🤣
-
Supporter Conduct and the Cost to the Club
FirParkCornerExile replied to wellfan's topic in Club Chat
The difference then was fines were not being imposed and despite several pleas by the club not to do it the arseholes still do it , they just don't care. If you are happy for the clubs finances to be wasted on wankers who cant stay in their seat it says more about you than I could. As an older sweetie paper rustler I never required to run onto the park as a youngster and if the club were under financial sanctions we face today when I was 10 year old and tried to go on the park the adult with me would have booted my arse. I could just about make an excuse for a 10 year old but have you seen the age of some of the fuds who let off Pyros and go on the park. -
And I'm sure the older sweetie paper rustlers of the day were looking down their noses at you back then! 👀
-
My views exactly. These people, call them whatever you wish, just use football and the clubs they claim to support as a vehicle for virtue signalling and attention seeking.
-
Supporter Conduct and the Cost to the Club
Great Balls of Shire replied to wellfan's topic in Club Chat
I dont know who the individual is , im not that familiar with the individuals on ws, i pay a 10r a month, which looks like its being frittered away. Maybe the individual could appeal to his posse and point out, we ain't a rich club. If he isn't prepared to get involved in that, maybe should give up his position? The pyros are colourful and spectacular but its costing club money , so how about reigning it in. Unlike FPE , I dont hate them although I can see why you would...I just find the whole ultra thing and some of the virtue signalling tedious, I go to see Mfc win and watch fitba, if I want a firework display, I can go to one. -
I emailed club and well society 4 weeks ago about my concerns regarding the fines. Didn't highlight any group, just a generalisation. Have i had a reply? Of course not
-
Something up with guys camera as some of the faces aren't in focus! 🤪, plus is that a train carriage that was spray painted? If freiburg fans done that to a bus replacement service here there would have been outrage
-
First half was always going to be difficult with a new team, formation etc. Fact no Hanley, ralston, dykes, hirst already felt like a positive. He's tartan army hero but mcginn not having same impact these days
-
Controversial post, on here the wee angels in block E can do no wrong in the eyes of some posters. As i said in an earlier post the club know who is responsible for 99.99% of any recorded incidents, and before anyone jumps in with" it might only be certain individuals" they gather as a group collectively so they must be prepared to accept the blame colletively for any wrong doing. The club needs to toughen its stance before it ends up spending all its spare cash on fines.