Craig Brown

gullane

As i said earlier in this thread, if anybody quits their job they lose their entitlement to a bonus.

Even more so if you never took part in the work that would have earned you said bonus. How he can even consider asking for a bonus for mccall getting us to the SC semi is beyond me.

Say what you like about Boyle but Brown should know better than to react in that way. He left the club under very bad circumstances and knows how Boyle felt about it. So anything Boyle said (unless it really was something shocking) doesn't justify that response. If he is as dignified as he likes to think he is he would have ingnored it.

And for what it's worth, I reckon hes full of shit when he says he knows things that could embarrass the club. If he did he would have been away at aberdeens first offer. Basically, he's made an arse of things, knows it, and is trying to hide it.

• Like 2

He's an old chancing bastard! I'm glad boyle gave that old duffer an ear full, I bet he just told him like it was. I think the media are catching on that there darling Craig Brown is a :wank: and not a cuddly old teddy bear that he is made out to be.

• Like 1

If this is the case the guy is more senile than I first thought. Using this logic I need to contact the National Lottery, as the numbers I put on in the January draw have come up this weekend. Surely they owe me the prize money?

Aye we better start writing checks to Alan Gow, Nick Blackman, Mark Reynolds and Marc Fitzpatrick.

As many know, I hated the dithery auld fudd before he arrived. I appreciated what he did in his time at Fir Park, however I found the manner of his departure utterly appalling and completely contradictory to all that he has voiced to the eager media over the decades.

When I heard his interview on Traynor's radio show last night I was almost spitting blood. I was so angry I stopped the car and and vented my anger on a stack of hay wrapped in black plastic ..... you know the stuff that looks like huge black puddng.

I'm not defending JB, or otherwise, but imho Broon's a manipulative auld fukker, very adept at playing the media, and I wouldn't trust the wee fat shyte as far as I could throw him.

As many know, I hated the dithery auld fudd before he arrived. I appreciated what he did in his time at Fir Park, however I found the manner of his departure utterly appalling and completely contradictory to all that he has voiced to the eager media over the decades.

When I heard his interview on Traynor's radio show last night I was almost spitting blood. I was so angry I stopped the car and and vented my anger on a stack of hay wrapped in black plastic ..... you know the stuff that looks like huge black puddng.

I'm not defending JB, or otherwise, but imho Broon's a manipulative auld fukker, very adept at playing the media, and I wouldn't trust the wee fat shyte as far as I could throw him.

Very similar reaction myself big man except I just shouted at the radio and put the foot down. It is hard to believe that the old wanker is still getting away with it. I hope that after we beat St Johnstone the 'Tic have a mare and we can take the sheep shagging bastard to pieces on live TV at Hampden.

The old snake on the radio this morning firing in Gordon Young!!!

Said Youngy could hear what was said and has phoned him up and apologised for Boyles conduct. Completely out of order!!! Hopefully Boyle takes this with a pinch of salt and doesnt give GY into bother.

None of that surprises me. Even the phone call bit.

Folk need to learn what side their bread's buttered (if true)

However - getting close to the point where the club needs to issue a statement.

Daily Record

CRAIG BROWN flew into a rage with Motherwell chairman John Boyle after the Fir Park chief branded him a "hypocrite".

Record Sport can reveal the touchline bust-up after the Well v Aberdeen game erupted because Brown and his assistant are suing their former club in a row over almost £9000 in claimed bonus payments. But the Fir Park side have been infuriated by the cash demand.

A source close to Well said: "Brown and his assistant Archie Knox were not under contract and weren't in charge of the League Cup semi-final for which they are claiming the bonus payment.

"They walked out and left the team for dead and the players had to pick themselves up after this mercenary display.

"The club feel very strongly about it. The chairman is particularly aggrieved. When he saw Brown at the end of the match he told him, 'I can't believe what you've done. It's hypocritical'."

The comment sparked a furious reaction and Dons' No.2 Knox grabbed Boyle's jacket and urged police to arrest him. But Boyle immediately left the stadium. The chairman did not attend the game and had only arrived at the ground towards the end of the match after flying in from London.

Suggestions in some Sunday newspapers that Boyle had indulged in hospitality earlier were vigorously denied by Fir Park insiders.

A source said: "Earlier in the afternoon John had tea and sparkling water with a member of the SFA referee's commit tee. He had been nowhere near the ground until 4.40pm and had kept the taxi running outside while he went in to drop his daughter and speak to family. The club is angry about the legal action by these two who want £8700."

Neither Boyle nor Brown will face charges from police following the bust-up.

A Strathclyde Police spokeswoman said: "Craig Brown was spoken to by officers on Saturday but no complaint has been received by Strathclyde Police."

Slightly more 'unbiased' view fro the P&J

Hell hath no fury like a chairman scorned. Only John Boyle will know what possessed him to march from the directors’ box to the tunnel area to give Craig Brown what for.

Boyle’s side had comfortably defeated his former mana-ger’s team, notwithstanding a few late flutters. But four months of resentment following Brown’s departure seemingly could not be contained as Boyle went on the offensive.

The chairman marched up the touchline, had words in Brown’s ear and the Aberdeen manager reacted. Within seconds there was a pile of bodies and a handful of police officers amid the melee.

It was scenes reminiscent of last month’s Old Firm fallout involving Neil Lennon and Alistair McCoist, only without the mayhem on the streets which followed.

The police involvement will be cosmetic, but Brown could be facing a couple of games in the stand as there will be no doubt Celtic, and their QC, will be watching the SFA’s action with interest.

It was Boyle’s behaviour which was telling though.

Mark McGhee trod the same path from Fir Park to Pittodrie which Brown followed 18 months later, but McGhee was wined and dined by his former employer. Read into that what you will.

Intimidation may be the highest form of flattery. Not that Brown, nor his right hand man Archie Knox, are a duo to be messed with.

A place in the top six of the SPL may not be achieved this season, but few would back against Brown and Knox dragging the Dons back to the upper echelons next season.

And Boyle knows it. It was never about the top six for the Dons management team. When they arrived at Pittodrie in December the club was rock bottom, even below woeful Hamilton Accies. While Accies have tumbled towards the First Division, the Dons have enjoyed the unexpected bonus of a flirtation, however brief, with the top six.

It may be over now, but more importantly so are the relegation fears.There is also the prospect of the Scottish Cup semi-final against Celtic to look forward to a week on Sunday and the remaining three SPL matches to the split will be used as preparation.

The old snake on the radio this morning firing in Gordon Young!!!

Said You could hear what was said and has phoned him up and apologised for Boyle's conduct. Completely out of order!!! Hopefully Boyle takes this with a pinch of salt and doesnt give GY into bother.

Bullshit ,look at the video no way GY heard what was being said hes well out of ear shot. This kind of conduct by broon doesn't surprise me though this old git will do anything to keep his halo on straight and that includes dropping everyone else in it.

Archie Knox is another hypocritical bastard aswell. After the McCoist Lennon scenario he said Ally had done nothing wrong after shaking Lennons hand and whispering in his ear.

Yet he wants Boyle jailed for shaking Browns hand and whispering in his ear. Fuck off ya cock.

Oh bye the way us that Stuart McCall 2 Craig Brown 0 in the managerial head heads. Keep it coming.

The danger is that all the 'non football staff' that regularly congregate in that area will be asked to remain in the stand.

Not so much a "danger" as an "about time". Only folk hanging around there should be the managers plus anyone who might need to get on the park.

This is unlikely to be a straightforward issue. On one hand, if Broon and Knox were promised the bonus for getting us into the semis then as soon as we won the quarter final, they were due the money as they were still in charge and had met the conditions for earning the bonus so it's hard to see how the club could wriggle out of paying them.

On the other hand, Broon and Knox can hardly claim they were contracted to anything as they left with 5 minutes notice claiming they were under no contract and on this basis the club received no compensation for losing them.

It's easy to see why JB might accuse Broon of hypocrisy but at the same time it looks like Broon and Knox may well have a valid claim to this cash.

Bonus' are normally paid at the stage you exit the competition as I'm sure the pot would grow dependent when the club is knocked out or ultimately wins. Therefore we were knocked out in late January and by that stage they had left 6 weeks earlier.

Can't really understand why they are going after this relatively insignificant (for them) amount of cash. If its out of principal then they are both equally guilty of breaking promises, however the difference is Motherwell didn't give press conferences citing they promise to pay bonus' and pulled the rug away 24 hours later.

The thing that got me was Craig quoting Youngie, if indeed he did call him, it's wholly inappropriate to reference it as it puts Youngie in a uncomfortable position with the club and also Brown continues to comment on the events despite instructions not to. He is attempting get public vindication by stealth. Youngie has potentially given him an outlet to bring it up again.

It's important the club aren't out manoeuvred by this old tager, he's already losing it, look at Casagolda and Gow.

It was evident last night on Sportscene when Billy Brown suggested we had short memories of what Craig and Archie achieved ..... I'm grateful of what they achieved Billy, I take exception in the way they handled their exit and will continue to voice my opinion on that. But don't let that get in the way of the old, cuddly, walking football anecdote encyclopaedia, chivalrous persona he happily and continually paints.

If Youngie is guilty of anything it was to be naive and think Craig would keep their discussion off the record regardless of the content and what was discussed.

Craig Brown and Archie Knox are owed fuck all. Yes they got us into the semi final, but they quit and walked out on the club so any bonus is instantly void.

Pricks of the highest order.

Also I would like to apologise for defending Archie Knox as I thought he stayed out of the meelee at full time, but nope he is a total c**t just like his wee fanny boss.