Since It's Celtic We'll Be Playing In The Final...

David

:yahoo:Love it Cakes have a :drinks:

Do you 'get it' though. Suspecting the SAS hit squad reference went over your head.

We don't need to bring any reference to 'the troubles' to our door.

if we do we're as bad as any of the gruesome twosome.

Like I said before - Get this pish to fuck!

This thread. :lol:

I agree. That flag was just drunken mischief-making on my part. :angel:

I would be against anything that could end up with us being tarred as sectarian by the west coast militia that masquerades as scottish newspaper print. If we react to any of the obvious signs, banners, flags etc that the other lot bring with them then bang goes any moral high ground ragarding the bile that comes out of the OF every year. Good old Uncle Wattie says that it isn't only them and wee Lennon says it is a Scottish problem. If we turn up in any shape or form to stir them up then both of these pricks have been proved correct.

Celtic fans will do whatever they want to do, and we can probably assume there will be tricolours flying at Hampden. There's politics involved, but you can bet that a large majority of them don't know or understand it anyway. I'll not be sinking to their level, I'll be at Hampden, watching the game, in my '91 'Well top - I do love Scotland flags, and I have 8 of them on my bedroom wall, but if I'm honest, I can't be arsed taking any of them off my wall and bringing them to the game. Other people are free to do as they please though I suppose.

I'm just unbelievably excited about this game, and I think its harsh to assume its a foregone conclusion as some are suggesting. It will be a hard game, but we have beaten them before, and we can beat them again. People who follow the SPL seem to have this misconception that its impossible to turn over the Old Firm, and they are the untouchables of the league. Its not Barcelona we're playing! Anyone who goes to the game already thinking we're going to lose is wasting their time and money, and is basically saying that Motherwell FC aren't a good team. We are a good team, and there's no reason why we can't beat Celtic, and lift the cup again.

You cannot fly your country's flag in case it upsets someone else from your country!

Only in this wee part of the world would that happen. (we'll maybe Libya too).

Not worried about upsetting anybody by flying or displaying this countries flag but at a time when one of them is about to get a ban/fine from UEFA for their sectarian bile then if we go along anything that even resembles a sectarian route then we will have given them justification for saying that it isn't their problem it is Scotland's.

You cannot fly your country's flag in case it upsets someone else from your country!

Only in this wee part of the world would that happen. (we'll maybe Libya too).

I don't think anybody is saying that.

We don't do it week in week out and we don't do it when they come to town - so why should we make a c**t of ourselves on Scottish cup final day by reacting to these scumbags?

• Like 2

Have already heard talk that the orange hall in Motherwell is talking of running two buses to the game, with guys talking of wearing their Rangers tops and bringing Union Jacks. I suspect it may just be hot air and the thought of spending hard-earned just to wind up Celtic supporters might put them off but it's a slight concern that this final might already be in danger of being ruined by a braindead minority..

It's looking increasingly likely that I won't be there, and if there are Union Jacks and Rangers tops, maybe I'll be glad about that...

Have already heard talk that the orange hall in Motherwell is talking of running two buses to the game, with guys talking of wearing their Rangers tops and bringing Union Jacks. I suspect it may just be hot air and the thought of spending hard-earned just to wind up Celtic supporters might put them off but it's a slight concern that this final might already be in danger of being ruined by a braindead minority..

s

The first part wouldn't be a surprise as there is a large number of Motherwell fans who frequent the Orange Hall and the War Office. As for the rest, I would imagine that will be complete bullshit as folk in Rangers tops would go down well in the Motherwell end would they not? Don't imagine the Rangers regulars from either establishment would give a fuck about going to Motherwell v Celtic tbh.

Not worried about upsetting anybody by flying or displaying this countries flag but at a time when one of them is about to get a ban/fine from UEFA for their sectarian bile then if we go along anything that even resembles a sectarian route then we will have given them justification for saying that it isn't their problem it is Scotland's.

Look, I'm not sure you're reading what some of us are saying. No one is talking about going down any sectarian route.

All I said is that I think it would be a nice touch to attend the Scottish cup final with claret & amber saltires. Simple as that.

I've seen enough cup finals with Irish, English, Israeli & Palestinian flags, and thought it would be nice for a club who's fans pride themselves on being Scottish to fly the (claret & amber) saltire.

There will be those who don't want to do it, and that's fine. I think it would be a nice touch is all.

Look, I'm not sure you're reading what some of us are saying. No one is talking about going down any sectarian route.

All I said is that I think it would be a nice touch to attend the Scottish cup final with claret & amber saltires. Simple as that.

I've seen enough cup finals with Irish, English, Israeli & Palestinian flags, and thought it would be nice for a club who's fans pride themselves on being Scottish to fly the (claret & amber) saltire.

There will be those who don't want to do it, and that's fine. I think it would be a nice touch is all.

David I understand the logic behind what you were saying and I do understand what you are saying but then again I don't work for the braindead glasgow newspapers who look for ever opportunity to have a go at the wee teams to allow them to say that the old firm are not to blame for all the religously biggotted shit that comes out of their supporters mouths. If we go out with flags and banners that could be misconstrued in any way to be sectarian then we give them a victory. No saltires or union flags(unless it is on a ship it is not the union jack) even in a claret and amber colour scheme lets not give the barstewards any excuse to have a go at us or to let the bigot brothers off the hook.

What a terrible thread this is as a whole. We're in the Scottish Cup final for the first time in twenty years, turn up and support the team like you normally do.

All talk of bringing saltires to make a point or Union flags to noise up the Celtic fans is a load of bollocks. The idea of folk actually going out of their way to bring some form of Union flag for the sole reason of irritating some Celtic fans (who, in the real world, probably couldn't give a fuck) is particularly laughable. I couldn't give a fuck about the Celtic fans, this is about Motherwell.

As for h**s in the 'Well end in full regalia, I don't buy that for a second. No one is that idiotic surely?

• Like 1

Do you 'get it' though. Suspecting the SAS hit squad reference went over your head.

No it didnt you fucking muppet.

Yes I do agree we should not bring ourselves down to the OF scum. :nod:

Yoshi-1991, on 18 April 2011 - 06:56 AM, said:

fuck it, lets get decked out in rangers tops and bring out the union jack, will fule the "h**s with no bus fair" fire and wind those bastards right up.

Im glad i'll still be in Australia then.

Well said mate...I was even thinking of flying over for the game...however, watching it from the comfort of my bed with the drink flowing and the GF beside me....MON THE WELL :yahoo:

David I understand the logic behind what you were saying and I do understand what you are saying but then again I don't work for the braindead glasgow newspapers who look for ever opportunity to have a go at the wee teams to allow them to say that the old firm are not to blame for all the religously biggotted shit that comes out of their supporters mouths. If we go out with flags and banners that could be misconstrued in any way to be sectarian then we give them a victory. No saltires or union flags(unless it is on a ship it is not the union jack) even in a claret and amber colour scheme lets not give the barstewards any excuse to have a go at us or to let the bigot brothers off the hook.

I agree totally with the point you are making about not giving the media any excuse to link Motherwell to sectarianism and bigotry;

BUT; I do not think that anyone could, or would, be able to point at a Scottish team flying Saltires at the Scottish Cup Final and describe that as sectarianism or bigotry.

The Union Flag would probably play right into their hands though, regardless of colour scheme.

On the subject of Saltires, folk saying that we don't fly them week in week out are correct, but playing devil's advocate, we don't play in cup finals week in week out, so if people want to make that extra effort and take a Motherwell flag that they normally wouldn't then I think that's fair enough.

Cannot agree more about the points being made about doing this to show support for Motherwell as opposed to winding up Celtic fans though.

I agree totally with the point you are making about not giving the media any excuse to link Motherwell to sectarianism and bigotry;

BUT; I do not think that anyone could, or would, be able to point at a Scottish team flying Saltires at the Scottish Cup Final and describe that as sectarianism or bigotry.

The Union Flag would probably play right into their hands though, regardless of colour scheme.

On the subject of Saltires, folk saying that we don't fly them week in week out are correct, but playing devil's advocate, we don't play in cup finals week in week out, so if people want to make that extra effort and take a Motherwell flag that they normally wouldn't then I think that's fair enough.

Cannot agree more about the points being made about doing this to show support for Motherwell as opposed to winding up Celtic fans though.

Normally I would agree with that but when the thread started it was as an alternative to the Irish flags and as the media will be trawling through this site looking for any scandal I just thought that on this occassion it would be better not to do it.