Motherwell Vs Hibernian Discussion Thread

David

Off the back of an absolute stinker against St Johnstone we have our first home cup game this Tuesday against Hibs.

What do we do going into this game? Is there changes in personnel needed? I think there is, but I seriously doubt that McCall will drop Higdon simply because we don't have a suitable replacement. Personally I'd give McHugh a run of games and see what he can do.

Higdon is obviously not firing on all cylinders so it's maybe not the best idea to keep playing him.

Aside from that, I can't really think of any other changes we could make. I'm not keen on Clancy thus far, but again, a lack of a suitable replacement will likely see him keep his position.

Daley starting from the bench again I assume?

Get Smith Page and McHugh in to see what they can do. If they dont get a game after that debacle today then it's time for them to move on. I dont see them at training during the week but if Higdon Nancy and Humpries are in on tuesday after their performance today then we are in bother. :tumbleweed:

Page in for Clancy. One good and one bad game so far, looks the average filler player Killie fans described. Page should get his chance and in all honesty the defence couldn't be much worse.

Forbes in, Jennings can sit his fat arse on the bench. Murder today and has been for large spells so far this season, I know he can do no wrong in some people's eyes but he and Lasley were gash today. Lasley being marginally better as at least he looked like he could be arsed. Cracking player but has been piss poor for most of this season and maybe a seat on the bench would be the boot up the arse he needs. Forbes played a belter at St.Mirren and has barley had a sniff since. Deserves a chance and at least he always looks to get on the ball and can hit a pass. Which would be a huge improvement on today's midfield.

Daley looked like he had something about him. Give him a chance maybe even Bob McHugh. Who do you drop? Well after today any of the front 4 couldn't grumble with a place on the bench.

Would love a great display after today's dross but as long as we're still in the draw for the next round I'm not too bothered how we do it.

Agree Forbes should get his chance. Has done really well when given the nod this season and as has been said Jennings has been really a shadow of what he can be so far.

Humphrey needs a spell on the bench as well. Either Daley or Lawless should come in. Lawless is another player I think should be playing a bigger part. Like Forbes he's done really well when given a chance but McCall has been loyal to others and not even brought him off the bench in league games. I think that loyalty needs to end after todays performance, if only to make it clear to players that coasting isn't an option.

I don't think Clancy was any worse than anyone else today but it has to be remembered he isn't a centre back. Give Page a chance there, Clancy can go to his natural position and Hateley becomes an option in midfield, either wide right or in the middle.

McHugh should be nowhere near the team.

Neil, Bob McHugh has so far failed to impress and ordinarily I'd agree with you but we need 2 out and strikers on the pitch and apart from the far from ready Gary Smith he's the only other one we have. Serious questions need to be asked as to why that situation was allowed to arise in the first place but thats another thread.

Can see us losing this one as we begin a bit of a slide. Hibs are a poor side but to be honest we're not that great ourselves and we've all seen us being turned over by some absolutely rank rotten Hibs sides at Fir Park over the years and I fear Tuesday night will be the same.

I predict 2-1 to them

We're about to play the two worst teams in the league and without being greedy I really would find it unnacceptable to lose either. We have all been well aware of our teams deficiancies but up until yesterday we had got away with it. To an extent....

Is it too early to call games "season defining"?

It's funny how things on here change so quickly. Not long ago we were one of the best non OF teams in the league, challengers for third and were playing some of the best fitba in years.... Now after two bad games we're suddenly shit, can't score and are terrible in defence. There really is no in between on here for some, we're either brilliant or shite. :lol:

Listen I know we've had a bad few games and we all get angry after a bad performance and post ridiculous things(myself included) but some of the stuff said on here is way over the top. It's not quite time to hit the panic button yet.

Football fans are fickle, if we go out the cup on Tuesday and lose again on Saturday such is the ridiculous nature on here I expect people to overreact and it wouldn't suprise me if the McCall must go thread is brought up again, we will go nowhere under him and we will be fighting relegation etc.

If we win on Wednesday and Higdon bags a goal, the Humph terrorises the Hibs fullback and the defence keeps a cleansheet we will be back on track for the season and it was just a blip etc.

We seem to save our best for the cup under McCall so hopefully we bounce back with a resounding win and a good performance under the lights at Fir Park like the United replay from last season which was one of the best Motherwell team performances I've seen in recent years. :cheers:

If we fail to win on Tuesday well I might just avoid this place for the next few days...

Hollis

Hateley Craigan Page Hammell

Lawless Forbes Lasley Law

Mchugh Daley/Higdon

Reason I'd go for this is because IMO randolph, humph, jenno and murphy NEED time out the side for their own good. One of crags/clancy needed dropping - clancy being the obvious choice but it would be both if we had the resources.

Having said that, i think we all know what the lineup will actually be.

There is no chance our woeful defence can keep O`Connor + Griffiths at bay for an entire game. I have confidence that we can win with the players we have,unfortunately I have zero confidence that our manager is capable of organizing the players in a way that would maximise our chances!

My Team would be-

Randolph

Hateley,Craigan,Page,Hammell

Humphrey,Carswell,Law,Lawless

Higdon,Murphy

Subs -

McHugh,Forbes,Daley,Clancy,Hollis

4-4-2 with width, Murph drift out left to stretch their defence. Carswell sit and Law pull the strings in the middle. Give Daley,McHugh + Forbes good gametime from the bench.

Unfortunately itll probably be the same 11 as saturday,same tactics and same result

No matter who starts on Tuesday , theres got to be a reaction after yesterdays performance . Would like to see a couple of the fringe boys given their chance , and maybe play their way into contention for a regular game . A couple of regular starters could certainly do with a rocket up their arse , and competition for jerseys is the best way to achieve that .

Seeing Hibs defence crumble in the 2nd half against Dunfermline gives me hope that our forwards can get at them , find the net again , and return to winning ways .Dont see there being much in it , so would settle for a scrappy , shitty 1-0 win , and progression to the next round .

Randolph

Hateley Clancy Craigan Hammell

Daley Lasley Jennings Law

Murphy Higdon

That is still a good team. However, if this isn't working then changes need to be made before we are out the game. If that means switching to a back three/midfield 5, introducing Forbes or Page or Carswell or Humphrey as early as pre HT then so be it. I think Chris needs a wee turn on the bench and Omar will have that 'surprise' bonus against a team that won't know much about him.