Motherwell V St Mirren Matchday Thread

shull

Don't know what to make of Jenning for the incedent with goodwin. First of all the tackle on Jennings was wreckless and the ref should have called it. Lucky for Jennings he got out of the way. But then it was very stupid of him to just totally hack the St Mirren player down. Then all credit to him for not crumpling up and play acting by rolling in agony when Goodwin punched him in the stomache. Have to say though that it would have been very hard for the on field officials to see that and hence no red card is understandable. However, I beleive there should be some action taken based on the video evidence.

We got out of jail free with the offside call when the ref was giving a penalty. I am not sure what the linesman saw but have to agree with lennon when he says it's not even close.

The BBC are suggesting that the SFA are contemplating taking action on Goodwin using video evidence. I honestly don't think it looked like anything much but it was a red card and he's extremely lucky the ref didn't see it. I'm amazed how long he lasted in the game given the amount of fouls he committed that went unpunished. I thought the original tackle on Jennings was extremely reckless and worthy of a booking, more for intent than anything else. I've seen players get sent off for doing the same thing.

As for the penalty, it looks like the offside was wrong but when I was at the game, I wasn't convinced that Hutch touched the St Mirren player and I've seen nothing to change that. Call it compensation for Goodwin still being on the park.

Looking a bit more like ourselves though, a little more created in the way of chances, although we're still not creating as much as we should. Good to see some glimpses of the real Jamie Murphy as well, and I thought Daley, Higdon, Jennings, Craigan and Law turned in some decent performances. Worst I've seen from Hammell in a while though, not his usual consistent self, although I'm sure he'll be back to normal next weekend. Really impressed by how Hateley's come on this season. He seems to have really made the right-back slot his own and is looking much better defensively, as well as providing a real threat with his crosses. Just need to get people into the box now!

I'd like to see McCall try switching Murphy and Law, or allowing them to switch themselves during the game, as I think with Law's tendency to go outside and Murphy's to drift in, we could create a few more chances and pick up more of Higgy's knock-downs. Looking forward to Tynecastle on Saturday!

Really surprised at the Jennings complaint.

Entirely in keeping mind you of how Saturday's game was handled where several times Saints committed the original foul but we were the ones ultimately penalised.

I would like to think the club will appeal. We've been punished enough by virtue of the fact that Goodwin scored and cleared one off the line when he should have been off the park.

I'm surprised at how little outrage there is at this!!!

Jennings was booked for a bad tackle, before which he was the victim of a bad tackle, and after which he was pushed and punched, surely jenno has been dealt with?

How the fcuk can they offer both players the same punishment!

Last nights Sportscene had Jim Goodwin as the guest! I find this incredibly innappropriate given his recent thuggery and subsequent ban and that's probably the reason he was even on. Worse still, Rob McLean joked that he should've hit Jennings harder and they both shared a laugh about it!! Wtf?!?!

Last nights Sportscene had Jim Goodwin as the guest! I find this incredibly innappropriate given his recent thuggery and subsequent ban and that's probably the reason he was even on. Worse still, Rob McLean joked that he should've hit Jennings harder and they both shared a laugh about it!! Wtf?!?!

Hence why I dont watch that poor excuse of a programme. Its bias and literally ill-informed. Had that been on MOTD, ofcom would've been straight on that sort of thing. Sportscene will be cancelled by next season with any hope. yahoo.gifRob Mcleans a tool anyway.

Scotsport return? :whistling:

Just switch off Milo. I haven't watched it for well over a year.

We're seven points clear of the side in 4th place that we just humped 3-0, and we're eleven points clear of Hearts in 5th with a game in hand. If we're serious about challenging for 3rd this season, we just need to keep doing what we're doing. We don't 'need the 3 points' in the slightest.

Less than a month later and we've been easily beaten by Hearts and are now two points clear of the team in fourth place and only five points clear of Hearts.

We may have two games in hand, but those two games are at home against Hibs (who looked like taking all three points from us before the game was cancelled) and Dunfermline. We're guaranteed nothing from both of those games in my opinion, and could take as little as one point from both if our home form is anything to go by.

Our next league game is also away to Rangers, so it's odds-on that we'll be picking up no points until our game on January 14th at the earliest.

Now do you see why I consider three points at home against St Mirren pretty important? If we continue to drop points against sides like St Mirren at home we'll be lucky to finish fourth.

A bit pessimistic if I may say so, but I agree with your overall point. I've never subscribed to the "Don't worry about our home form our away form will see us through" view. We're not going to win every game but the 2 points dropped aginst St Mirren were entirley avoidable. We really do need to address our home form both in terms of points won and goal difference.

• Like 1

Now do you see why I consider three points at home against St Mirren pretty important? If we continue to drop points against sides like St Mirren at home we'll be lucky to finish fourth.

I never questioned that it was 'pretty important', I merely stated that claiming it was a 'must win' was nonsense - which it was.

Less than a month later and we've been easily beaten by Hearts and are now two points clear of the team in fourth place and only five points clear of Hearts.

We may have two games in hand, but those two games are at home against Hibs (who looked like taking all three points from us before the game was cancelled) and Dunfermline. We're guaranteed nothing from both of those games in my opinion, and could take as little as one point from both if our home form is anything to go by.

Our next league game is also away to Rangers, so it's odds-on that we'll be picking up no points until our game on January 14th at the earliest.

9.39 in the morning - check

Computer booted up - check

Put together my justification of a point based on facts that happened after the point was made - check

David being a fanny - double check.

• Like 4