Ojamaa

CoF

Lets not get carried away here. Have to admit he has looked very good from what I've seen (against a knackered amateur team and a pish Dunfermline team), hard-worker, honest, quick, nippy and strong but I'd like to see a few more of those performances before I hang my hat on him as the new Faddy. I honestly thought that he had a good game last night but not the 'amazing' or 'tremendous' performance that has been talked about on here and by 'no-nothings' in the media like billy Dodds.

Honest assessment is, looks very promising but the jury is still out and remember that for every Skippy there is a David Ferrere.

Fuck it..................Get the wee man signed up Ginger!!! Again, didnt think he was the man of the match as Jenno was tremendous, but another two goals and another very good performance from Henry (cannae bring myself to type his real name), lets hope it isnt just a flash in the pan and we can offer him something worth signing.

Sorry to says this guy's , guess who was at fir park looking at Ojamaa yesterday.............Celtic :wank:' />

Typical. Why can't they just f@ck off.

However, I saw on sky sports news that ojamaa apparently wants to stay on. Let's hope we can get something sorted ASAP.

Yep, he can pretty much talk to whoever he wants right now. I'd lock him in a room till he signs a 2 year extension with the intention of selling him on either next January or next summer for nice bucks.

I don't think it would be impossible to give him a contract that has a few clauses in it about moving to a bigger foreign side (including England) or a minimum release fee.

• Like 1

Usually when you see a player who is tricky, they seem to have attitude or work rate issues, so I think we have won a watch with a player who is very skilful but also applies himself. An extension makes perfect sense, even if it means a slight break to the budget I'm sure it will turn out to be beneficial.

Read quotes from McCall saying we had started talking to his agent to get him tied up - smart move!

Some sheppy is on P&B saying rumours that Henrik doesn't want to stay beyond this season - guy has been here weeks, started 2 games is a hero to the fans why would he be looking to leave already. Yes money will be better at many other places but he's been around and couldn't get a game I think he'll be here this season and next at least!

While we all need to remember that it's early days and the wee fella is playing for his future, he's been absolutely immense and like a few have said he's really in the Skippy mould. Whenever he gets the ball it looks as if he's thinking "how quick can I get this in the net" - superb.

I'd like to see us speaking to him too and sorting out the length of his deal. That would be great.

I'd also take it a step further.

Interviews with McCall (and i heard the BBC one with my own lugs) suggest he's on a very very poor deal currently indeed - "playing for his bus fare" was the exact quote. Now I really hope that its not quite as bad as that and that if it is we can fix this quickly. While there might be exceptional short term cases where this type of deal could apply - I'm a firm believer in an honest days pay for an honest days work - and if this wee guy is getting any less than some of the guys round about him for any of the rest of his time here (even if it is til the end of the season) then there's something unjust about that.

We've been through administration and I know every penny is a prisoner - I'm not advocating that we should change any of that - but over the past few seasons there have been a couple of reports of players NOT being paid a full wage - for essentially the same work as everyone else around them then it's needing addressed.

We might be on a low budget - but by the same token - we can't kick the arse out it.

While we all need to remember that it's early days and the wee fella is playing for his future, he's been absolutely immense and like a few have said he's really in the Skippy mould. Whenever he gets the ball it looks as if he's thinking "how quick can I get this in the net" - superb.

I'd like to see us speaking to him too and sorting out the length of his deal. That would be great.

I'd also take it a step further.

Interviews with McCall (and i heard the BBC one with my own lugs) suggest he's on a very very poor deal currently indeed - "playing for his bus fare" was the exact quote. Now I really hope that its not quite as bad as that and that if it is we can fix this quickly. While there might be exceptional short term cases where this type of deal could apply - I'm a firm believer in an honest days pay for an honest days work - and if this wee guy is getting any less than some of the guys round about him for any of the rest of his time here (even if it is til the end of the season) then there's something unjust about that.

We've been through administration and I know every penny is a prisoner - I'm not advocating that we should change any of that - but over the past few seasons there have been a couple of reports of players NOT being paid a full wage - for essentially the same work as everyone else around them then it's needing addressed.

We might be on a low budget - but by the same token - we can't kick the arse out it.

I agree its unjust, but Ojamma did accept the deal.

I recently got offered a freelance job that paid just over minimum wage - I told them it was too low for what they were asking.

Basically we need to sign the guy now and on a 2 year deal.

I agree its too early to throw a 2 year deal at Ojamaa but I think it's a pretty easy situation to work out.

Give him a target to hit and if he hits it he gets one. 6 league goals in half a season seems reasonable. He's already got 3.

My arse

It's pay up or shut up time

The meltdown on here, would be funny as fuck if someone came in and offered him a wage he could live on.

Any fringe players out of contract at end of season out of interest? There's your 2 year contract there.

As much as I like to see youngsters coming through, there are a few who have been here a while who are clearly not going to get in the team. Better for both parties to release them, let them develop elsewhere and free up cash than having a perpetual benchwarmer.

Please lets not offer a guy who has obvious ability at this level a deal. that would be mental. I'd rather wait till someone like dundee utd signed him before deciding if he was worth it

Can we wait and see if he meets his targets but?

That would be good - lets pay a guy peanuts and set him targets that fully paid players don't have.

Aye let's see how that pans out first before he goes to Dundee Utd and we decide he was worth it.

Any fringe players out of contract at end of season out of interest? There's your 2 year contract there.

As much as I like to see youngsters coming through, there are a few who have been here a while who are clearly not going to get in the team. Better for both parties to release them, let them develop elsewhere and free up cash than having a perpetual benchwarmer.

I'm inclined to agree with you but every club needs fringe players. Could we afford to lose two back up players from an already small squad to give a guy a deal. I want Ojamaa signed up as much as anyone but I think we need to be sensible about it before commiting. If I win the Euromillions tomorrow night I'll pay his wages for the next 5 years. If the club get a couple of million for him I won't even ask for a penny........well maybe just a seat for life in the Andy Payton suite :whistling: .

Can we wait and see if he meets his targets but?

That would be good - lets pay a guy peanuts and set him targets that fully paid players don't have.

Aye let's see how that pans out first before he goes to Dundee Utd and we decide he was worth it.

Arfur Daley was thought good enough to get a two year deal so whats the problem with Pistols ,its like Richie says there will surely be some of the fringe players off sooner rather than later freeing up some cash.

And as you say Steve if he goes to another S.P.L club and continues as hes started with us wont we look the jackasses. Hee Haw. :lol:

I'm inclined to agree with you but every club needs fringe players. Could we afford to lose two back up players from an already small squad to give a guy a deal. I want Ojamaa signed up as much as anyone but I think we need to be sensible about it before commiting. If I win the Euromillions tomorrow night I'll pay his wages for the next 5 years. If the club get a couple of million for him I won't even ask for a penny........well maybe just a seat for life in the Andy Payton suite :whistling: .

Ye canny have enough fringe players - the more the merrier.

need to watch though if you don't do yer quality control someone could come along and ruin things by scoring SPL goals in the first team.

I assume we budget for bottom six and anything better is a bonus. Those two home wins put us 14 points above 7th with 9 games before the split. It would take a massive collapse now for us not to be top 6 this season. Does that mean there's a wee bit of unbudgeted cash on its way?

He already shown enough to warrant a longer deal. I'm all for any contract having some performance targets so that whilst keeping within our budget the lad(or any of our players really) only gets top whack if they earning it. But certainly shouldn't dilly dally and try and pay peanuts. One thing offering him something cheap when the contract is tantamount to an extended trial, but he shown an immediate impact.

Sure he will have some quieter games, but another few goals will certainly have others interested if they aren't already and if he rams in double figures by end of season then you may as well look forward to seeing how he gets on at his new club.

So in short, decent contract now and if he holds out for more then shit happens.