Ojamaa

CoF

In a period of unproductivity at work, I have encouraged the office to participate in the 'Ojamma challange!'. Sweepstake.

How many goals will he score between now and the end of the season in all competitions. Bear in mind he has 14 league games, 4 of which will be against the OF, at least 1 cup game, potentially 4 more, which may or may not be against the OF.

Theres also potential for injuries. I had to explain to the guys that Ojamma was Bebeto to Higdons Romario.

I went with another 11 goals!

Obviously really pleased he's signed but canny help thinking that we're maybe wanking all over his dish a bit too much here.

If he can keep up the performances then brilliant but we canny expect what we've seen so far every week.

Can't disagree with that. Happy we signed him up, but new players often make an instant impact. Once the SPL teams have had a wee while to work him out, they are going to adjust defensively and make him work a lot harder for his goals.

I think he'll be a good foil for Higgy, though, and definitely a welcome addition to the squad at a time when it looked like no new signings were on the cards.

• Like 1

Even if his form does dip away slightly.. he will still be a decent pool player at the very least.

We have signed and still got a lot worse than him tbh.

I think he will be a good player for us, very early days, but looks a hand full and works so hard

Thats why I personally am confident that he will be a success at us. Yes, spl teams and players will adapt to counter him and he might not keep up the scoring rate but his workrate is incredible. Theres never a lost cause to him and he does the work of 2 players.

Early impact is one thing but I can't remember a better string of individual performances from a Well player. The guys not been lucky, he's deserved every goal, taken for tough positions, and a Tannadice should have won a pen and an assist for a brilliant flick to put Higgy clear. Very optimistic about what this kid can do for us.

All of that said, is that us given up on 433 now?

I think he wil be a great signing for us. Teams can set up to combat players with certain styles eg Humphrey's speed. passing the bal on the ground, high balls in the centre etc but with players like Ojamma who have the natural ability to beat players it is very hard to combat other than kickin lumps out of him.

Additionally it gives us another weapon and teams can only set up to combat so much. Even with Humphrey playing under par he was still occupying an extra defender so now are teams also going to deploy another extrfa defender to combat Ojamma as well? We may have a small squad but I think we have enough attacking threats now to make it a real problem for teams to snuff us out.

C'Mon Ye Well!!

• Like 1

Speaking of impact.............I remember when Roger Hynd became manager. Peter Miller played like Beckenbaur for about half a dozen games............then fell back into the "kick his own granny" style of play.

What a half back line in those days

Miller McVie McLaren

Not sure how long they would last nowadays?? They didn't mess around!!

Speaking of impact.............I remember when Roger Hynd became manager. Peter Miller played like Beckenbaur for about half a dozen games............then fell back into the "kick his own granny" style of play.

I don't remember *any* 'Well player playing like Beckenbauer when Hynd took over, far less Millar! I do remember a lot of draws.