Steelmen Online Well Society Membership

Andy_P

Folks,

A wee update on how things are proceeding....

The contributions have been rolling in steadily and I'm chuffed to say that thus far we've collected just under half of the £1000 we need for the Claret Well Society membership package.

There have been a few posters who have come forward with donations who didn't publically pledge and I know that a few have chipped in having already signed up for your own memberships so our thanks for that!

We still have a good bit of flexibility with the payments but when we do the official form filling bit it looks like we'll be handing over a good chunk of it there and then.

We've been keeping in regular contact with Alison Wallace at Fir Park and they are delighted with how things are proceeding with our contribution, and Alison is pretty sure she can commandeer a player to do our draw for the benefits that come with the Claret package.

So keep the contributions coming in please folks, ask away if you've questions you want me to ask and again thanks once again for your support!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've just sent over my £30, almost forgot about this. Might have a talk with the hubby later and see if we can stretch to getting our own membership too, would put off next years holiday but hey, can do some more overtime for that, might never get the chance at this again!

If we can't afford our own membership, we might contribute towards the Steelmen Online membership again next month... I like that idea!

Yes.

From the point you sign up you have 9 months to make your payment in full. You could in theory have a lower initial contribution with the balance made up of larger amounts to be paid on a couple of dates of your choosing up to the 9 month legal limit.

A further wee update for you folks.

We've now collected over half the amount required for the Claret Well Society membership package after some recent contributions over the last couple of days.

From the original list of people who pledged money towards our membership fee there are around 20 or so who have still to follow up that expression of interest so hopefully we'll continue to see the contributions roll in as we hit pay day etc.

Alison Wallace at MFC has made arrangements for someone from the club to the draw for the benefits when I hand in the forms on Friday. I know the benefits aren't the primary reason for most for contributing but if you want to be in with a chance of securing one of those "prizes" all those who have contributed thus far and anyone who makes a contribution between now and tomorrow night will go in the hat for that.

Cheers again for your support!

Thanks to all the guys who helped organise this - not an easy task.

As I'm already an individual member and if I'm fortunate enough to win a benefit through Steelmenonline, that already comes with that level of that membership, please put it back into the pot, That way someone who doesn't have an individual membership has a better chance of winning it. No point in being greedy. Probably won't win win one anyway!

• Like 1

Well that's our forms in and the first payment towards our £1000 commitment for the Claret Well Society membership!!

The good lady went up with me and we were lucky to be able to spend a fair bit of time at Fir Park chatting to Alison Wallace about the society's formation and how things have progressed towards the aim of hitting the initial £250k target.

When speaking to Alison she said the club are still in the process of totting up contributions to see what the current total is. Pleasingly for MFC in addition to another very well supported event on Tuesday night they've had a steady flow of people joining which is adding to the tally all the time.

If and when the target the Society kicks into life all the benefits that come with our package commence. To that end Alison kindly arranged for Keith Lasley to pluck the names from the claret and amber tammy (just like they used to do with the sweep on the old Bellshill bus when I was a laddie :) ) to see who gets what from all those who have thus far contributed to our own membership.

So the winners are....

Entry to the Monthly Draw: Weetoonwellfan

Goals of the Season DVD: Yosemite Sam

10% Discount on Season Ticket: JBA

Cooper Family Match Pass x1: Optimus Prime

Cooper Family Match Pass x 2: Kiai

MFC TV Subscription: Mad Dog

First Team Signed Ball: Steve Diggle

Be in the Team Photo: Gaag

Signed Bottle of Claret: Brazilian

Evening with Manager & Players: WellfraeAberdeen

Well done folks!!

There are also other benefits that go with the package that aren't quite one offs or can be transferred between those who have chipped in such as a discount on match hospitality. Once the Society is a go-er and I get more detail about the benefits being available I'll be in touch with each of you mentioned above.

Got a couple of pictures of Las doing the draw with Alison and a couple of me, small child like on Christmas Day with a couple of the players. Flow also took a couple of pictures of me and a rather uncomfortable looking good lady representing the forum so between those one of them, along with the forum name, will go up on that gallery on the 'fishel in due course

SAM_1200.JPG

SAM_1201.JPG

SAM_1202.JPG

SAM_1203.JPG

Thanks once more to those who have contributed thus far and a wee reminder that we've still got a good way to go to meet our £1k commitment so all contributions are still very much required.

• Like 5

Well that's our forms in and the first payment towards our £1000 commitment for the Claret Well Society membership!!

The good lady went up with me and we were lucky to be able to spend a fair bit of time at Fir Park chatting to Alison Wallace about the society's formation and how things have progressed towards the aim of hitting the initial £250k target.

When speaking to Alison she said the club are still in the process of totting up contributions to see what the current total is. Pleasingly for MFC in addition to another very well supported event on Tuesday night they've had a steady flow of people joining which is adding to the tally all the time.

If and when the target the Society kicks into life all the benefits that come with our package commence. To that end Alison kindly arranged for Keith Lasley to pluck the names from the claret and amber tammy (just like they used to do with the sweep on the old Bellshill bus when I was a laddie :) ) to see who gets what from all those who have thus far contributed to our own membership.

So the winners are....

Entry to the Monthly Draw: Weetoonwellfan

Goals of the Season DVD: Yosemite Sam

10% Discount on Season Ticket: JBA

Cooper Family Match Pass x1: Optimus Prime

Cooper Family Match Pass x 2: Kiai

First Team Signed Ball: Steve Diggle

Be in the Team Photo: Gaag

Signed Bottle of Claret: Brazilian

Evening with Manager & Players: WellfraeAberdeen

Well done folks!!

There are also other benefits that go with the package that aren't quite one offs or can be transferred between those who have chipped in such as a discount on match hospitality. Once the Society is a go-er and I get more detail about the benefits being available I'll be in touch with each of you mentioned above.

Got a couple of pictures of Las doing the draw with Alison and a couple of me, small child like on Christmas Day with a couple of the players. Flow also took a couple of pictures of me and a rather uncomfortable looking good lady representing the forum so between those one of them, along with the forum name, will go up on that gallery on the 'fishel in due course

SAM_1200.JPG

SAM_1201.JPG

SAM_1202.JPG

SAM_1203.JPG

Thanks once more to those who have contributed thus far and a wee reminder that we've still got a good way to go to meet our £1k commitment so all contributions are still very much required.

Well done Andy for all your hard work on this project :drinks: Great pics...last pic to have pride of place at your place?

I can't believe it! Didn't even know about the prize draw! Being an overseas fan that is the one thing that would really make a difference to me. Thank you so very much!

Looks like I won the 10% season ticket discount. As i'll not be buying a season ticket for next season, somebody can take this.

Good work Andy, if we are short come the time, i'll put in a bit more if necessary.

JBA,

I was lucky enough to win one of the Cooper Family passes, in fact was chuffed to bits to win something in the draw! However, would be very happy to swap with you if you wanted. As we have season tickets and will be renewing them, this could be useful to us and you may be able to use the pass.

If not, no matter, I shall round up some (hopefully) future potential fans and introduce them to the delights of supporting Motherwell!

Thank you to Andy for organising all this - a very exciting time for all 'Well supporters!

Kiai

JBA,

I was lucky enough to win one of the Cooper Family passes, in fact was chuffed to bits to win something in the draw! However, would be very happy to swap with you if you wanted. As we have season tickets and will be renewing them, this could be useful to us and you may be able to use the pass.

If not, no matter, I shall round up some (hopefully) future potential fans and introduce them to the delights of supporting Motherwell!

Thank you to Andy for organising all this - a very exciting time for all 'Well supporters!

Kiai

You can have it mate, the family passes would be no good to me...

Andy, please give Kiai my 10% season ticket discount.

Well done andy, nice work. Good to see you & las get your clothes in the same shop. ;)

Their shirts are what's known in OSB circles as Shaun shirts, and Las has had that one for a while. Sure he wore it at Craggs Testimonial race night in JD's :rolleyes:

Betye Andy went out and bought that specially after reading OSB ;)

• 1 month later...

Folks,

Apologies for not updating you for a wee bit but here's where we are just now.

Of our £1000 commitment to MFC, we've collected and paid £720 thus far so we've £280 left to go. So not a million miles away.

I've sent PM's to everyone who had registered an interest when we first mooted the idea but hadn't followed up that interest to see if there was still a desire to get involved. Obviously people's circumstances are subject to change so its entirely understandable that interest might fluctuate.

A couple had decided to sort their own Well Society membership, some were no longer able to commit and a few were still keen but were giving it a little time before donating. A few I also haven't heard back from.

If you are new to the forum or are just picking up on this thread for the first time basically we've taken out a Claret Well Society membership for the site to demonstrate our support for the club both as a site and as individuals.

We sensed there was a will for board users to get involved in the Well Society but personal circumstances meant that not everybody could commit to a package in their own right. A membership for the site allowed people to make a smaller contribution of an amount of their choosing that collectively would enable us to take up the Claret membership.

If anyone wants to contribute that hasn't yet expressed an interest we'd obviously be delighted to hear from you. Details of where to contribute can be found on the sigs of each of the Mods. and the Admin.

As ever any questions or thoughts regarding our Claret membership ask away and once more thanks to all have contributed thus far!!