Steelmen Online Well Society Membership

Andy_P

A wee step forward from my post at the weekend Dave.

We do have time on our side though for finding the remainder required. A number of posters have expressed a desire to donate further down the line so hopefully if everyone comes good on those original pledges I don't think we'll be too far away.

• 1 month later...

With an announcement imminent from the club about the ways in which supporters can make an increased contribution to the club, a part of that will almost certainly relate to the Well Society.

It's perhaps worth keeping mind that the forum's Well Society membership will be one such avenue where fans will be able make a financial contribution towards the club.

Apologies to forum members who have heard this spiel already a few times now but for the benefit of anybody who has only started using the forum over the past few months, Steelmen Online took up a Claret Well Society membership on behalf of forum members who wanted to play a part when the Well Society was launched.

Our thinking was that supporters who may not be able to take up a full Well Society membership in their own right, may wish to make a contribution towards a joint membership. The response was very positive and not only did the forum members we had in mind step up to chip in, but several members who had already took up their own Well Society membership made donations too.

So far we've collected £770 of the £1000 required for the membership fee so any contributions would be gratefully received and would ofcourse go into the club's overall Well Society kitty.

Details of how to contribute will be on my sig and that of the other Mods/Admin people. Feel free to ask away if you have any questions.

• Like 1

In light of today's decision and future financial worries ahead, I've hopefully sent you £50 via PayPal. I'm far from flush at the moment but I'll be looking into the feasibility of getting an individual membership for myself too.

Andy_P, would you mind replying at some point in the near future to confirm if you've received my donation? I only ask because I've had a few issues with my PayPal account recently.

Mon the Well! :thumbup:

• Like 1

Cheers for your interest daver. First target for us is getting this existing committment completed.

Once that's taken care of, at the Claret level we've chosen to go in at we've an annual committment of £150 to maintain our Well Society membership.

After that? I'd say that's really for the forum members to decide how they wanted to proceed.

As you say, I personally think it might be a big ask to go for a £5k Well Society membership or even subsequent £1k Claret memberships but the ceiling of what we do will really be dictated by the desire of the forum users.

It might be that site users will want to consider other projects like Player Sponsorships, bricks, or areas the club have yet to alert us to.

But for now first things first for the forum, is definitely hitting that £1k figure.

How will the annual commitment be arranged? £150 divided by the number of contributors, making it probably several quid per person per year? Would it be an option to perhaps exceed the £150, just say put in whatever you can spare each year?

It's up for debate Mad Dog.

As long as we able to collect the £150 for the annual committment then I would be quite relaxed about how that comes together.

My own proposal would it be to collect donations in much the same fashion as we have done to help reach the original target thereby giving both existing contributors and those getting involved for the first time to make a contribution.

What I wouldn't want to insist upon is that everyone made a specific contribution. I'm very conscious that some of those who have contributed (some more than once) to our SO membership have their own Well Society memberships and will have their own annual fees to consider.

If someone chose to continue to contribute beyond their initial gesture then brilliant but I would rather that be the individuals choice rather than having it expected of them. If that makes sense?

But if and when that annual sum were to be exceeded then that really would be for anyone who has contributed to make a proposal to other contributors on what we did then be that keeping it towards future annual fees, putting it towards another membership package or a specific fundraiser of the day.

Ultimately it's the contributors monies so it would be up to the contributors to decide.

What does our money stand at now? Are we close to the £1,000 mark yet?

Currently we've £180 to go to hit the £1000 mark Dave.

Since the last wee burst of activity post-newco vote, we've had about 4 or 5 forum members who have intimated they are keen to contribute and hope to do so in the near future.

Getting there!

I did Sandy yeah, thanks. Got that on the 28th of last month.

Rather than emailing direct I had replied to one of the PM's you had sent me, letting me know your contribution was on its way. Apologies if I've not made it too clear that I was confirming receipt of your donation but yeah, received safe and sound and was included in the last payment I made to MFC.

Cheers again.