Fir Park Turf

Haggischomper

Being dug up and replaced AGAIN!!! Any one know why? I thought all this was passed us now and we would only require a re-seed?

That money could be spent on the player budget...

extend it for champo league football perhaps?

not that theres much to extend it to tbh

Were we not also told at the time that we could expect it to possibly be a bit dodgy for the first winter after it was seeded, as it takes a while to properly establish, and it wouldn't be until the second winter (the one just past), where we'd really see the benefit of a well established pitch? blink.gif

"The new 'Reading Garden'..."

:blink:

We've obviously got more money than sense just now.

Were a bawhair away from the Shed being blow away with the next crappy weather, the roofs got more holes than a tea bag that and were getting a Reading Garden...

I can just see Hutchy perched out there with his Dandy Annual...

I'm fairly certain that the powers that be wouldn't just pull up the turf for the sake of it. There must be a valid reason for doing it.

Not meaning to imply it doesn't need done, was more a comment on....

Was that not the "Old" groundsman who got fired that said that?

This guy talking shite. (the old groundsman, not the poster :P)

I may be wrong but are the "community projects" not mainly funded from grants etc?

Therefore the reading garden and probably the new astro won't be using up funds that could have been used elsewhere.

I thought the reasons for replacing the turf mentioned by the groundsman on MFCTV seemed sensible enough so can't complain about that either. It seems to be only the top layer of grass being replaced so nowhere near the scale of the work done previously. The groundsman says that the seeding is due to tomorrow so that's only 4 days work for a contractor and not going to be anywhere near the previous outlay, assuming the ground staff take over after the seeding is finished.

Were we not also told at the time that we could expect it to possibly be a bit dodgy for the first winter after it was seeded, as it takes a while to properly establish, and it wouldn't be until the second winter (the one just past), where we'd really see the benefit of a well established pitch? blink.gif

That's what I was thinking. Thought we had nothing more than a re-seed to worry about.

Anyway, don't have MFCTV so didn't realise the groundsman had given an explanation that flies in the face of the one his predecessor gave.

• 7 months later...