Motherwell Vs Levante Discussion Thread

David

whats the point in even going with an attitude like that? twat!

Because I'm a Motherwell supporter and I follow the team win, lose or draw. I'm not a glory hunter and don't pick and choose whether to go to a game based on how well I think we'll perform in it.

• Like 1

I would be telling porky pies if I'd say I know Levante, but I see it a bit more positive. If we manage a performance like in the Home tie vs Panathinaikos, I think we can pull off a suprise and might go to Spain with a goal or 2 advantage. It is not impossible, although we have to bring our A-Game.

Our Defence looks pretty good with Hutch and Ramsden and obvisouly Randolph, they will get another game at the weekend to get some more confidence and build a better partnership. I dont see a reason why we should not keep a clean sheet and if we manage that wse have a decent chance.

Not saying we will go through, but I am sure we can give them a run for the money...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011%E2%80%9312_La_Liga

Levante just got into the europa league if you look at the points difference, all their players up front have been bought this season, but their key player is kone, he is a danger. Nabil el zhar has a lot of skills. Put ojamaa or murphy up against sergio ballesteros, he is tall but old (36) VERY SLOW. Lastly put Higdon up against David Navarro, Higdon is taller than him and will be a nightmare for Navarro in the air.

My source: I went to 3 Levante games last season

• Like 1

Anyone know if home leg has confirmed kick off time? Just looking at Sky Sports app and it has home and away games as 4pm kick offs and wonder if this done for TV. Seem to remember Dortmund home game being a midweek afternoon kick off all those years ago.

Then again maybe just Sky got typo!

Be lucky if there's 6000 there due to the pricing. I would imagine the floating fans will be more interested in watching the Hearts v Liverpool game on the box than coming to Fir Park. Doubt that Levante will bring much of a support either.

If we don't concede in the first leg we might have a chance of coming through the tie.

• Like 2

Am off to London the day of the first leg so missing it, blew my tank on Athens so not making 2nd leg either. This is very likely the one we'll succeed in knowing my luck :rolleyes:

I'm in a similar situation too. Away in Paris for the home leg and only just get back before the away leg but will have an extremely empty wallet. Gutted.