Whats The Future Of Our Club?

weesacs

as the title says............

what is good?

what is bad?

can anything be improved?

i've been thinking about this for a while, but came to the forefront of my mind again today with Hearts drawing Liverpool (we now know £45 per ticket, TV companies will also be interested) an absolute cash bonanza for them and also word from Aberdeen that they have sold 14000 tickets for tomorrows game

i think we will be lucky to break the 6000 mark tomorrow............

what is the latest for those who are in the Well Society? have they recieved their membership cards? do we know the latest numbers imvolved??

and lastly - why have we not signed James McFadden?!?!?

anyone have any thoughts?????

How can we possibly sign McFadden. That would mean having to offer him a contract. No matter how low or high the contract would be. The club haven't even asked him if he would be willing to sign any sort of contract seemingly.

Not sure about this Kerr loan move either. I know Saunders is out for another while. Surely enough Cover with cummings and page?

mcfadden doesn't want to play for us. money isn't an issue for him. ending up back at square one in the spl and being percieved as a failure is (the same would go for dundee united, hearts or aberdeen).

the future of the club is making the best of what we've got and enjoying the good times.

and lastly - why have we not signed James McFadden?!?!?

I'm really surprised that there's been so much discussion about re-signing Faddy on these Boards. Its all been a complete red herring. According to what I was hearing at the Everton game, there was never at any point any possibility of him re-signing. A nice thought perhaps but thats about it.

1344668060[/url]' post='355155']

I'm really surprised that there's been so much discussion about re-signing Faddy on these Boards. Its all been a complete red herring. According to what I was hearing at the Everton game, there was never at any point any possibility of him re-signing. A nice thought perhaps but thats about it.

Understanding of 'we are where we are', perhaps we are underestimating James McFaddens' thoughts on the future? Fanciful notion or a touch of realism? I went with the latter.

But, given the chat by more than one link that I had yesterday... I'm surprised those at the club haven't spoken to him seriously outwith the offer of training facilities. Not to be taken as a rant at the club either - from credible people so I'd be inclined to believe it discounts a 'red herring' theory and not for the first time.

:laugh: Faddy is the new Freddie Dindeleux on here.

This part was tongue in cheek, as I know the club have never even approached him about any sort of deal.

We may end up with egg on our face if we offer him something and he says no, but at the same time, we'll never know unless we ask.

We've signed ramsden and Kerr, and I hope they both do well, but I feel we need a wee something extra. Something to try and produce a spark. Someone mentioned Forsyth in another thread, and that got me a little excited.

Off the field, are things really rosy behind the scenes?

Are we making the most of our potential income? I've heard a few rumours an also first hand that the club don't appear easy to deal with when it comes sponsorship/hospitality. Surely something is better than nothing in what can b classed as hard times for everyone.

And before I'm shot down for being negative, I don't particularly like slating the club I love. I want to see us prosper but when u hear certain ramblings, it does make me wonder

One positive step was yesterday's announcement that the under 20s will be playing at FP this season, predominately on a Tuesday evening.

Interesting to see who will be recruited as coach in the coming weeks. It's imperative that we have a productive youth setup in place of we are going to run with the well society model.

One positive step was yesterday's announcement that the under 20s will be playing at FP this season, predominately on a Tuesday evening.

Interesting to see who will be recruited as coach in the coming weeks. It's imperative that we have a productive youth setup in place of we are going to run with the well society model.

Really? I missed this one. Hopefully, I'll be able to take in a good few of these now.

he was on tv saying he wouldn't be playing for us a few weeks ago.

if he wants to play for us surely he could say to mccall?

Exactly. If he wanted to play for us I think we might know. Right now, he's obviously not interested and there is no reason why he should be.

We need a lot more people going thru the turnstyles on a regular basis. 9k for our first ever Champions League game was poor imho European football for the 4th season in 5, 2 cup semis and a final in last 2 years and yet our average attendance is one of the lowest in SPL.

That for me is the most worrying issue going forward.

We need a lot more people going thru the turnstyles on a regular basis. 9k for our first ever Champions League game was poor imho European football for the 4th season in 5, 2 cup semis and a final in last 2 years and yet our average attendance is one of the lowest in SPL.

That for me is the most worrying issue going forward.

The problem is, while our overall average attendance is low, we rank among the highest in spectators per head of population for the town.

You want more fans through the gate, you need to kill or severely restrict live games (including EPL and Spanish, German etc) and stop messing around with kick-off times.

• Like 1

Free tickets for primary school children in the surrounding areas, get them all corralled into one section and get a few of the older boys from the section up the end of the east stand to take turns sitting with them weekly to create some atmosphere. It might annoy people short term but if we get them hooked from a young age it can only be a good thing.

• Like 3