Is Mcall Now A Great ?

gilmour

Reading post on great players for Motherwell and was wondering if MCall is now classed as a great in the line with managers along with the likes of tommy mc.Tommy had a geat team and delivered us our firrst cup I'm many yea ears but MCalls record with us is excellent. Champions league forthefirst time euro now seems a given every year and a cup final. Are we underestimating just how good he has been for this club?

Thoughts please.

Interesting question you have raised gilmour.

I agree in his short time with Motherwell F.C. he has been a good manager for us.

My question is on what criteria do you base on being a great manager at Motherwell F.C?

Is it by the following with the various elements each one has....

Managing a budget.

Managing players.

Managing the media.

Getting us to the Champions League*

Getting us to the Europa League.

Getting us to the top three in the SPL.

Wining the SPL

Wining the League Cup

Wining the Scottish Cup

Wining the EL

Wining the CL*

*We only got in by default 2012 re the Rangers debacle.

A great is maybe pushing it, but he up there among our better ones so far. Turned around a team that looked a bit bereft of confidence, got us to a cup final. Took us to 3rd in league and so far going pretty well again in the league. Pending on the manner of his leaving he'll be fondly remembered even if things end up going downhill but I think to seal that great status he needs to cross the line regards a trophy or top last seasons league campaign and put in a genuine challenge for the league. Which mad as it sounds looks at least an outside chance of happening if we win even one out of our next two games and should we win both?

When McCall finally proves himself capable of inspiring his team to rise to the same level of performance against Rangers / Celtic that we came to expect in the past from McLean and Butcher then perhaps he is. And that is not even taking into consideration the totally inept performance in Valencia (compare that to the team performance in Dortmund).

Until then, the words "McCall" and "great" should not be uttered in the same sentence.

• Like 2