Motherwell Vs Dundee United Discussion Thread

David

the stewards at the east stand were saying that only people without season tickets were to take vouchers. i assumed they were doing that because they have to offer a full refund to patg punters as the game never started.

i'm 99% certain the club will do the right thing and if not then the well society meeting will be interesting :whistling:

Tweet from LeeAnn;

@LeeannDempster: @ScottW1886 update on our website, st holders will have access but won't be by their season book. Either a MA ticket or can be arranged via our ticket office. Wendy will happily assist you.

Bit disappointing that we were told by several stewards not to take a voucher if you had a season ticket and that is now incorrect. Seems to now be a lot of hassle for season ticket holders who now have to get to Fir Park to get a ticket, and a lot of work for the staff in the office. Easiest option would surely have been to use one of the special vouchers at the back.

Complete pain in the arse . Should , as had been said , simply a case of s/t holders using a special voucher as per the Hibs game last season .

Now means having to get away from work for a completely unnecessary trip to f/p for myself and many others in the same position , purely because of the usual sub standard level of communication from the club .

If the special vouchers aren't going to be used for these situations , whats the point in printing them ?

Club's gonna make a tidy wee profit on this - should make up for the shortfall caused by the 1 dundee utd fan that had 15 abandoned match vouchers.

To be honest I dont see the club making any profit (unless theres some insurance in place for abandoned games). Police, catering, security etc all have to be paid for again.

If there is insurance in place so that the club dont lose out, then really it shouldnt matter if we had 4000 or 14000 fans getting in free to the rearranged game.

What the fuck?!?!

I live in Dundee at the moment and made the fruitless trip down for the original game.

Being a season ticket holder I now, like others, have to face the added hassle of organising to get my season ticket to someone in advance to pick up a ticket or face a long queue on the night.

Then there's the petrol....

Why not just use a voucher at the back of the season book?

Worst of it is, me and my old boy had match abandoned tickets in our paws and handed them back as the steward said season ticket holders don't need the vouchers!!!

Motherwell don't do themselves any favours sometimes.

• Like 1

What a shambles! Don't see what they are trying to gain by giving themselves more work to do in times where the club should be looking at ways to cut costs. A lot of inconvenience has been created for folk who should have been able to turn up on the night and use a voucher from their season ticket. Club have been a bit of an embarrassment in the last month with the Sevco statement and now this. :wallbash:

What the fuck?!?!

I live in Dundee at the moment and made the fruitless trip down for the original game.

Being a season ticket holder I now, like others, have to face the added hassle of organising to get my season ticket to someone in advance to pick up a ticket or face a long queue on the night.

Then there's the petrol....

Why not just use a voucher at the back of the season book?

Motherwell don't do themselves any favours sometimes.

Absolutely on the button mate.

I've moved jobs so now working in Edinburgh so getting thru will be a pain.

As I mentioned earlier stewards at the east stand were clearly telling season ticket holders not to take a voucher.

What a fuck up

Standard practice for season ticket holders to use a special voucher therefore the match abandoned vouchers aren't required, so many would just have walked on by when the stewards were dishing them out. Nonsense to force ST holders to now go out of their way to get another voucher against the instructions of the stewards at the time.

Rethink required on this one I have to say.

• Like 1

Milo,

Email Wendy and explain you live in Dundee. she will happily print and post the tickets to you.

I'm sure Wendy and her team in there will.

But....surely Wendy and the rest of the admin. staff should be doing what they are supposed to be doing instead of having to spend however many hours with however many telephone, email and face to face enquiries to attempt to remedy a situation that could be resolved in a matter of seconds by putting a note on the official website saying something along the lines of

Season ticket holders should use Special Match Voucher X for admission to the re-scheduled Dundee Utd game on 7th November.

It's that simple!

• Like 1

The thing is, there's many more than Milo. It's all gonna be a drain on the club and an unnecessary inconvenience for a number of well fans.

In the event of a match being abandoned. Give everybody one ticket on the way out then let everyone in via that voucher (minor problem with st holders who couldn't make original game)

Or

Give every paying customer a voucher and allow vouchers and STs admission on the night.

Truth is yet again there's more vouchers out there than original attenders and stacks of season ticket holders have vouchers too because distribution was, once more a confusing mess.

The club unfortunately need to take the hit and allow entry through voucher and season book on the night. Simple. Straight forward. No additional admin for the office.

I'm sure Wendy and her team in there will.

But....surely Wendy and the rest of the admin. staff should be doing what they are supposed to be doing instead of having to spend however many hours with however many telephone, email and face to face enquiries to attempt to remedy a situation that could be resolved in a matter of seconds by putting a note on the official website saying something along the lines of

Season ticket holders should use Special Match Voucher X for admission to the re-scheduled Dundee Utd game on 7th November.

It's that simple!

Yes

This will inconvenience a few of us who travelled through from Fife for the original game. On the way out of the POD Stand, I was specifically told by a steward that ST holders should not take a voucher and so we didn't. Hopefully the club will see sense and reverse this decision.

This will inconvenience a few of us who travelled through from Fife for the original game. On the way out of the POD Stand, I was specifically told by a steward that ST holders should not take a voucher and so we didn't. Hopefully the club will see sense and reverse this decision.

the club need to know just how many are affected and the only way is to contact them

sadly this ties up meagre resources

I can understand why they had the step change in policy as lets face it far too many season ticket holders used both voucher and ST the last time to get friends or family in free, shame the change in policy wasnt advertised and communicated as simple as it should have been

as its clearly club officials at fault here, it'll lead to another loss maker, will they ever learn?

the new policy didnt really allow for the folk like Jay and others who never entered the ground either, so they all need tickets issued , as well as the hundreds of ST holders who were sent out without vouchers

hopefully a management decision is made as opposed to burying heads in the sand

if around 12-16 stewards were distributing the vouchers and at least four or five have been confirmed to be issuing only to PATG fans then there is only one simple solution and thats to revert to the special match vouchers in the ST book

and following up with clear concise well publicised change of policy in the even t of future abandoned matches

How the hell are the folk in charge of the club able to make even the simplest of things so bloody difficult.

There are more than enough reasons to make people stay away from the footy and farcical situations like this hardly help.

Common sense should prevail here, but having seen us feck up the simplest of things in the past I wouldn't hold my breath.

We can now add MFC needlessly pissing off their own fans to Death and Taxes.