Motherwell V Hearts

santheman

He had every right to go for it, and any half decent striker would have done, at least to try and put the keeper off. If he makes any kind of mistake and drops the ball, it's a tap in.

Of course he did. But any contact between the two if the keeper gathered the ball (which he did) should have either resulted in a free kick to the keeper or playing advantage towards the keeper.

All in all, it leads back to Randolph facing a two match ban for breaking no laws, and technically being fouled.

• Like 2

Of course he did. But any contact between the two if the keeper gathered the ball (which he did) should have either resulted in a free kick to the keeper or playing advantage towards the keeper.

Not if the keeper moved his leg towards the player (which he did) causing the contact and that contact wouldnt have taken place if he had not (that part is up for debate).

I still dont think it was violent conduct. A bit naughty/silly on Randolphs part and he was lucky to avoid the refs attention during the game, but certainly not worthy of a 2 match ban. On that basis the club are right to appeal.

I don't really understand some peoples complaint about players only being punished if they are on television. It's a bit like saying that criminals that are caught on CCTV shouldn't be punished because other people commit crime and get away with it because there is no evidence.

You can only prosecute people where you have sufficient evidence and obviously televised matches provide that evidence.

You're missing the point. Most folk don't object to the use of TV evidence. The issue is how it is used. Why does the Compliance Officer focus on some incidents and ignore others in the same game? Steve Jennings' red card against St Mirren is a case in point. I and several other fans have contacted the Compliance Officer at various times with details of incidents which were televised. No action was taken - why? The process has to be consistent. TV coverage of an incident is not sufficient to arrive at a decision. Sometimes it is necessary to take further evidence.

According to Stuart McCall's comments it seems that the referee may have changed his mind/interpretation post match. Now, if he has done that and weight is placed on his report, why did he not highlight other incidents, which were incorrectly handled at the time? If referees are going to change their mind about incidents post match why does that not include legitimate goals being chalked off? Officials can't pick and choose which major incidents to amend post match.

Another point worth considering - assuming the referee was right to change his mind post match, his error could cost Darren Randolph a game's suspension. Had Randolph been sent off at the time he would receive a one match ban. Post match the "offer" is two matches. Why? Why should a player pay for a referee's error?

As I said before the process is not transparent and is fundamentally flawed and unsafe.

• Like 6

Will we get any explanation as to the in and outs of this? Any sort of defence that it isn't Andy Walker and Rob McLean pointing out what actually gets looked at? Explanation for the lack of consistency?

I won't be holding my breath.

The SFA can go fuck themselves.

“Who are these people? I want to know who these people are. I'm a Motherwell supporter and the Motherwell supporters and the Scottish public deserve to know who these people are, people who are working for the SFA.

“Make no mistake about it, this is an SFA decision. They have appointed the panel so therefore they are working for the SFA, but who are they?”

No consistency as per usual, cant say im surprised tbh.

• Like 7

"Who are these people? I want to know who these people are. I'm a Motherwell supporter and the Motherwell supporters and the Scottish public deserve to know who these people are, people who are working for the SFA.

"Make no mistake about it, this is an SFA decision. They have appointed the panel so therefore they are working for the SFA, but who are they?"

No consistency as per usual, cant say im surprised tbh.

:cheers:

Some folk need to take off their claret and amber tinted specs.

Randolph was lucky to have not recieved a straight red card and concede a penalty. If it had happened the other way round the same folk would be the ones crying for a ban for the hearts keeper.

• Like 1