2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

If Nicky Law wants to play in the Championship, he will attract more interest and get better offers playing with Rangers in whatever division than he will playing for Motherwell in the SPL. You might not like it, I might not like it but it's a fact.

Is it? I don't believe any Championship clubs will be bothering their arse looking as far down the leagues as Scottish Div 2. They'll be looking for minimum SPL quality players, Nicky Law has just finished his burgeoning career I fear, it will be hard for him to maintain his current level of performance playing 2nd Div fitba' every week, never mind improve on it which would be the challenge set if he went back down Souf. Silly laddie, disnae bother me in the slightest, it's his career to fuck up, al be standing at my usual spot caring not one jot how he's faring next season.

• Like 3

Is it? I don't believe any Championship clubs will be bothering their arse looking as far down the leagues as Scottish Div 2. They'll be looking for minimum SPL quality players, Nicky Law has just finished his burgeoning career I fear, it will be hard for him to maintain his current level of performance playing 2nd Div fitba' every week, never mind improve on it which would be the challenge set if he went back down Souf. Silly laddie, disnae bother me in the slightest, it's his career to fuck up, al be standing at my usual spot caring not one jot how he's faring next season.

bang on the money

Really dissappointed in Law (& Humph + Hateley if they move on) but as has been said its their careers to fuck up. I'll have a chuckle when things go tits up for them but as for getting all riled up? I in all honesty am not surprised by them chasing the easy buck and couldn't give less of a fuck. You enjoy playing at east fife + arbroath next year + I'll enjoy watching my club carry on regardless

We've lost much better players than Law in the past so folk should stop moaning about him leaving to go to The Rangers. FFS you'd think we were losing Pele and not a journeyman.

Journeyman my arse. I accepted a while ago that he wouldn't be here next season, and im as disappointed as anyone that he's chosen his current destination, but he's 25 years old and has only made more than 10 appearances for two clubs that he's been employed by in his whole career, so let's not confuse the issue by talking complete shite eh? He's hardly Jim Hamilton so let's not have bullshit clouding our vision.

Oh and just to add, if anyone thinks any club in the Championship will be paying the slightest bit of attention to the Scottish 2nd division, Rangers or not...then you're mental. Kyle, Black, Templeton, Sandaza, Shiels......anyone who has taken the route Nicky Law has chosen....i'm sure not one single one of them will be required to change their voicemail message over the summer.

"Hi you've reached Kevin Kyle/Ian Black/David Templeton/Fransisco Sandaza/Dean Shiels....i'm not available right now but if you'd like to leave you're name and number after the tone, i'll get right back to you."

Hey, this is Dave from Vodafone and as a user, we have some great offers for you....."

It certainly won't be fucking QPR on the blower.

• Like 2

Journeyman my arse. I accepted a while ago that he wouldn't be here next season, and im as disappointed as anyone that he's chosen his current destination, but he's 25 years old and has only made more than 10 appearances for two clubs that he's been employed by in his whole career, so let's not confuse the issue by talking complete shite eh? He's hardly Jim Hamilton so let's not have bullshit clouding our vision.

Oh and just to add, if anyone thinks any club in the Championship will be paying the slightest bit of attention to the Scottish 2nd division, Rangers or not...then you're mental. Kyle, Black, Templeton, Sandaza, Shiels......anyone who has taken the route Nicky Law has chosen....i'm sure not one single one of them will be required to change their voicemail message over the summer.

"Hi you've reached Kevin Kyle/Ian Black/David Templeton/Fransisco Sandaza/Dean Shiels....i'm not available right now but if you'd like to leave you're name and number after the tone, i'll get right back to you."

Hey, this is Dave from Vodafone and as a user, we have some great offers for you....."

It certainly won't be fucking QPR on the blower.

A journeyman is someone who has completed an apprenticeship and is fully educated in a trade or craft, but not yet a master. To become a master, a journeyman has to submit a master work piece to a guild for evaluation and be admitted to the guild as a master.

I'm sure he will become some sort of a "master" at Ibrox........... grand perhaps !!!.:laugh:

Ps He wont be needing Dave at Vodaphone either..........he's now with Orange !!!!:doh:

• Like 2

When you see Greg wylde and Jamie ness get EPL moves and Danny Wilson go to Liverpool it does look like players leaving the old firm get better moves than they are due. Liam miller, mark burchill and Simon Donnelly are other examples.

In three years time he will have to have fucked up majorly not to get the same deal again at Ibrox or down south.

I'm just laughing at Scottish football bigwigs idea of punishment. Sevco have top players cooling their heels until September comes around & if the are struggling in 2nd Division then the cheque book will come back out in January. What part of that is a fitting punishment for being cheating bastards?

Just to lighten the mood a little, can we change the last line of his song from

Plays in front of Steve Hammell

To

But then he joined the h**s.......

I'm just laughing at Scottish football bigwigs idea of punishment. Sevco have top players cooling their heels until September comes around...

This is actually getting on my tits much more than Nicky Law signing for them. What's the point in a transfer embargo when they can sign free agents on pre-contract agreements and even parade them? What a fucking joke.

As for Nicky Law, none of us know what offers he had or why he made the choice he did so it's difficult to criticise without knowing the facts. He does however appear to have made his decision quite early.

This is actually getting on my tits much more than Nicky Law signing for them. What's the point in a transfer embargo when they can sign free agents on pre-contract agreements and even parade them? What a fucking joke.

As for Nicky Law, none of us know what offers he had or why he made the choice he did so it's difficult to criticise without knowing the facts. He does however appear to have made his decision quite early.

It gets worse mate. They can play up to three of their signings as trialists in each game before September apparantly

It was a registration ban. They could employ whoever they want, whenever they want. Just can't register them to play them in competition until Sept.

An actual 'employment ban' would likely be illegal.

Still.. never thought he would actually be daft enough to sign for them.

My arse! You hold your opinion chum and I'll hold mine! Law is just an average footballer - at best. Out of contract and there's hardly been a stream of clubs beating a path to our door to get his services so don't build the guy up to be something he's not and never will be.

Just to prove my point. Law's career before coming to us:-.2005-2009 Sheffield Utd 5 games in 4 seasons;2007 Yeovil Town 6 games;2007-2009 Bradford City 43 games in 2nd division (old 4th division);2009-2011 Rotherham Utd 74 games in 2nd division (old 4th division)..The vast majority of his career in the lowest end of English football. So hardly a surprise he's now elected to go to the lowest end of Scottish football! As I said a journeyman!So lets not let bullshit stand in the way of facts.

Regarding Law he no longer plays for Motherwell end of. We look now to replace him and move on, we have lost better and will again.

Thanks for the service and all the best with the wage rise. If he ever faces us in anyway I hope he gets pelters but until then put this to bed it's getting boring now.

Mon the Well drinks.gif

• Like 2

So lets not let bullshit stand in the way of facts.

You seem to be doing a good job of letting bullshit stand in the way, so we'll let you carry on

Others seem to be making more balanced judgements on his actual performances and potential if playing alongside better players in a better league

You're just making a poor attempt a justifying slating his capabilities

I'd ask for your judgement on our players if Law is nothing but a journeyman, but fear you'd end up in counselling after the realisation that he was one of the better footballers we've had

Like the ugly fella that's just lost a good looking girl you stick to slating her, trying to convince everyone she was never that braw,

and we'll move on to the next challenge,

Having stumbled through SFL3 with more than a few scares en-route they cannot afford to have the same in SFL2, Season ticket renewals have not exactly been rapid so far and they need a few signings from the SPLs big team to convince Orcs that everything is ok