Motherwell V Celtic 28/04/13

myteam

Players generally shake hands with each other at the end of the match as they head for the dressing room and have done so for generations so not sure why MJC is getting his knickers in a twist.

Anyway, we all know Lennon would be lost if he had to manage our squad with our financial restrictions.

Players generally shake hands with each other at the end of the match as they head for the dressing room and have done so for generations so not sure why MJC is getting his knickers in a twist.

Maybe it's just me, but I think there's a difference between shaking hands etc before the game and doing so afterwards. When the game is done, it's done, players shake hands and put behind them any personal battles which went on during the game. They've been in a contest, now it's over.

Before the match however, they're psyching themselves up to go into battle with the 11 players opposite them so the last thing they'd want to do is shake hands, no matter how fake it may be. They want to beat them, get the better of them so why show them 'niceties' before the battle has commenced?

That does my nut in.

Why Frazzie? Take the St Mirren goal the other week. I applauded that. Sometimes theres a bit of skill or genius that you just have to take your hat off and appreciate for what it is.

Im not a total sap however. That wee d##k Sissoko would not be welcome round my house regardless of how good he is/was.

Maybe it's just me, but I think there's a difference between shaking hands etc before the game and doing so afterwards. When the game is done, it's done, players shake hands and put behind them any personal battles which went on during the game. They've been in a contest, now it's over.

Before the match however, they're psyching themselves up to go into battle with the 11 players opposite them so the last thing they'd want to do is shake hands, no matter how fake it may be. They want to beat them, get the better of them so why show them 'niceties' before the battle has commenced?

Because it's just a game, not a reenactment of the battle against nazi evil. Also, 10 seconds and it's done - if yer in the pie queue ye'll miss it

Well, each to their own. If someone wants to applaud Celtic for winning the league then that's up to them, they can milk the occasion and applaud to their hearts content. But I, and I suspect the majority of the Motherwell support will react to the. 'Guard of honour' as they see fit...

• Like 1

Well, each to their own. If someone wants to applaud Celtic for winning the league then that's up to them, they can milk the occasion and applaud to their hearts content. But I, and I suspect the majority of the Motherwell support will react to the. 'Guard of honour' as they see fit...

You seem to have a real bee in yer bunnet about applauding them when I think I've only read 1 post where someone has said they will do this.

If I was there I certainly wouldn't be applauding them but wouldn't be flying into a rage if others chose to do so. Personal choice.

Guard of honour is the correct thing to do as I've said before, would only portray us in a negative light if we didn't.

The whole thing will be over in around 30 seconds anyway then everyone can hopefully concentrate on the most important thing, getting a result on the pitch. Of course according to you there's no chance of that happening!

Can't believe I'm reading this shite.

You are a spectator at a match, the club can't make you do anything with regards applauding or showing yer bare arse to Celtic.

MJC/steelboy wring yer knickers out.

I'm not disputing whether or not the club should or should not 'make the support' do anything with regards to applauding or not applauding Celtic. I'm putting forward my view as to why I believe that Celtic do not deserve to be applauded or recognised in a positive fashion by our support. It's nothing to do with the players, as like I say, it's the 'done thing' to applaud the winners of a particular competition in their first game since securing the title, but given who the team in question is and the remarks in the media by that club's manager, then I do not believe that they deserve to be given any respect or recognition by the Motherewell support on Sunday.

• Like 1

its a free world, do whatever you feel like.Can't see the point in bothering if the guy next to me applauds them.I'd happily clap any team that took the title away from the old firm. But them ? I'll be giving the bastards both middle fingers because i fucking despise them.A cuntish club with a whole loads of c***s following them.

MJC/steelboy wring yer knickers out.

i just think it makes our club look bad that we are laying out the red carpet for a club that continually and publicly shows us no respect.

when we beat them a couple of months ago lennon was straight on the radio saying we didn't deserve to win. respect is a two way street.

• Like 1

i just think it makes our club look bad that we are laying out the red carpet for a club that continually and publicly shows us no respect.

when we beat them a couple of months ago lennon was straight on the radio saying we didn't deserve to win. respect is a two way street.

Of course it is, and they give us none atall so why should we give them any?

Of course it is, and they give us none atall so why should we give them any?

Because then we look as bad as them with protesting against someone/something we don't like. To suggest we should only give recognition to teams if we like them or not makes us sound like weans.

If Motherwell choose to show recognition to the winners of the SPL then I'll be proud to see my team offer such a public display. I don't give a fuck if the receiving team are Celtic because I don't give a fuck about Celtic full stop.

How this has turned into 4 pages of greetin' is beyond me.

Actually, having been on these forums for a few years, it doesn't actually surprise me at all...

• Like 1

Because then we look as bad as them with protesting against someone/something we don't like. To suggest we should only give recognition to teams if we like them or not makes us sound like weans.

If Motherwell choose to show recognition to the winners of the SPL then I'll be proud to see my team offer such a public display. I don't give a fuck if the receiving team are Celtic because I don't give a fuck about Celtic full stop.

How this has turned into 4 pages of greetin' is beyond me.

Actually, having been on these forums for a few years, it doesn't actually surprise me at all...

If you'd actually read what was posted in the thread instead of just assuming what had been said then you'd have seen that I and others have one more than one occasion stressed that its not so much that its 'just because its Celtic', that we don't want to give them 'recognition' for winning the league, rather that we don't feel they deserve any recognition because of the complete lack of respect that they have shown toward us and our players over this POTY nominations episode.

Guard of honour is a ridiculous thing to contemplate, Killie got theirs last year for an exceptional achievement worthy of note. Ra Shellic can hardly be described in similar fashion. I can't recall a 'Guard of honour being formed before Killie except at Testimonials where the recipient has obviously earned the respect shown. Can't say that about the Mhanky Mob so it's a massive NO from me. Boot the fuck out of them aye, but stand and applaud them onto the park? Get tae fuck!

It's a ridiculous suggestion but totally in keeping with the PC shite we have to put up with all over the place these days.

• Like 1

Guard of honour is a ridiculous thing to contemplate, Killie got theirs last year for an exceptional achievement worthy of note. Ra Shellic can hardly be described in similar fashion. I can't recall a 'Guard of honour being formed before Killie except at Testimonials where the recipient has obviously earned the respect shown. Can't say that about the Mhanky Mob so it's a massive NO from me. Boot the fuck out of them aye, but stand and applaud them onto the park? Get tae fuck!

It's a ridiculous suggestion but totally in keeping with the PC shite we have to put up with all over the place these days.

What he said.

If you'd actually read what was posted in the thread instead of just assuming what had been said then you'd have seen that I and others have one more than one occasion stressed that its not so much that its 'just because its Celtic', that we don't want to give them 'recognition' for winning the league, rather that we don't feel they deserve any recognition because of the complete lack of respect that they have shown toward us and our players over this POTY nominations episode.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Because that's SO different.

Grow up FFS.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

P.S. I have actually read what was posted.

Have to agree with those saying celtic deserve fuck all. There is so much about them that make them unworthy of such a gesture in my book however all too often our club is too nice when they should really be telling celtic to gtf. Its an old cliche but you have to earn respect , and that mob havent earned an ounce from me but i obviously dont speak for all well fans so each to their own i guess

A welcome to a chorus of ' Higgy, Higgy, player if the year ' , and ' Lennon , Lennon get tae fuck ' would do me . The total disrespect he has shown to fellow professionals with regard to the POTY over the last few days is the mark of the true cock of a man that he is .

No class , no respect , and no humility deserves no recognition in my book . Fuck them .