Motherwell V Celtic 28/04/13

myteam

Guard of honour for the Celtic players as they take to the field? ;)

I would expect nothing less. whistling.gif We could maybe roll out a red carpet from the tunnel as well to to add to the occasion. I hope the Motherwell DJ has some Celtic minded songs looked out to play over the tannoy. ph34r.gif

As for the score, 2-1 to the mighty Well. thumbup.gif

Is the guard of honour the done thing? If it is, we should suck it up and get it over with. If its not, we certainly shouldn't be going out of our way to do it.

Given all the supposed ill-feeling in the Celtic dressing room about the POTY votes, I think they might have point to prove and give us a bit of a doing. I don't think it will matter anyway as I see second place as fairly secure anyway.

If we continue to play the way we are playing I can see no reason why we can't get a result. Celtc are hardly rampant are they?

Depends how you define "rampant". Over the course of the season, they've won a lot more games than anyone else, scored a couple of dozen more goals than anyone else, and lost fewer games than anyone else. And in their last game, they thumped our nearest rivals 4-1, albeit with the incentive of wrapping up the SPL title that day. That still sounds reasonably rampant to me :)

Depends how you define "rampant". Over the course of the season, they've won a lot more games than anyone else, scored a couple of dozen more goals than anyone else, and lost fewer games than anyone else. And in their last game, they thumped our nearest rivals 4-1, albeit with the incentive of wrapping up the SPL title that day. That still sounds reasonably rampant to me :)

If Celtic have been rampant lately then we have been blooody dynamite. So I was comparing them to us, the team that they are playing next :lol: .

We've both got 20 points from our last ten league games. Not much in it formbook-wise just now.

Aye but I'd prefer to focus on the last 6 games for the sole reason that it suits Motherwell better and strengthens my point :whistling: . The last 6 games read.

Motherwell P6 W4 D2 L0 F14 A5 PTS 14 GD +9

Celtic P6 W3 D1 L2 F15 A10 PTS 10 GD+5

That tells me they haven't been rampant recently and we have so I say Motherwell 3 Celtic 1. :thumbup:

if the celtic players are boycotting the awards dinner why should we honour them?

You're kidding?!?

That's beyond embarrassing if they are. Fucking pathetic babies.

As for the game? Who knows. This Motherwell team have a bit of steel and drive about them, however it is Celtic so a defeat is highly likely.

2 wins in a row over them is the stuff of dreams though and the seethe from Lennon would make it all the sweeter.

Guard of honour is the done thing so we should do it. Hopefully then go on & beat them.

Sure they had to do it for Rangers 1 year?

To be honest can see it being a draw, would settle for a point.

Thought it was only Lennon boycotting the dinner, not heard the players are as well.

Don't have a problem with it at all.

TBH, with a few exceptions, I don't have any issues with the players from either side of the teams formerly known as the Old Firm. It's the people that run them and the bigots that support them I have no time for.

The fact that it shows we like to rise above the petty politics is a bonus.

• Like 1