Motherwell V Ross County 22/03/14

Yabba's Turd

Not anything to do with the game itself but on my walk up, just a few minutes after kickoff I was there as a County fan (I think) collapsed outside the Fir Park Club. Stopped to see if there was anything to do to help but a steward was over, an ambulance had been called, and shortly after the Police arrived. Was just wondering if anyone had heard if he was ok? Guy was only 29 and his poor mate was distraught, not what you expect to happen attending the football on a saturday afternoon, wishing him a speedy recovery wherever he is.

• Like 2

Not anything to do with the game itself but on my walk up, just a few minutes after kickoff I was there as a County fan (I think) collapsed outside the Fir Park Club. Stopped to see if there was anything to do to help but a steward was over, an ambulance had been called, and shortly after the Police arrived. Was just wondering if anyone had heard if he was ok? Guy was only 29 and his poor mate was distraught, not what you expect to happen attending the football on a saturday afternoon, wishing him a speedy recovery wherever he is.

According to a post on P&B he was steaming,no news on how he ended up though.

Aye, lad who sits beside me told me about that. I had walked past him 5 mins before and he was blitzed. His mate trying to square him up at the time. 3hrs boozing on a bus from Dingwall and then some it seems! Hope he is ok...it'll be some hangover.

A good win but it should have been far easier, if we'd taken our chances. I thought that Vigurs and Reid were the pick of the bunch and good to see John Sutton notch another. County were a big powerful hard working side who chased and harried everything for 90 minutes but that was about it. Parts of the game were turgid and scrappy and it was no surprise that County scored late on given that we fell into our customary habit of defending far too deeply but still leaving spaces in and around our box.

Good shots from Vigurs and Moore set up our goals and the former was very annoyed with himself for not connecting with the ball properly - but it was still too much for Mark Brown to save correctly.

Sorry folks - not impressed with Ian Brines as a ref - far too inconsistent and missed a lot.

Still a wins a win!

Aye, lad who sits beside me told me about that. I had walked past him 5 mins before and he was blitzed. His mate trying to square him up at the time. 3hrs boozing on a bus from Dingwall and then some it seems! Hope he is ok...it'll be some hangover.

Cheers, glad to hear it was just drink but i've never seen anyone react like that to the bevvy, really looked like he was having some sort of seizure while I was there.

The County fan who collapsed outside the Cooper came to with the help of an ambulance shortly after the game started and the last I seen of him, he and his mate were walkin towards turnstyles. Have no idea if he got in but I did see his mate outside the exit doors of the POD at the end of the game

• Like 1

Pretty solid performance against a well organised team who are always hard to break down. Thought we were pretty much in control in the first half and deserved to be a couple up at the break. Nice to get the opener so early in the second half although surprised to see Faddy hooked straight after, hope he isnt injured as he is starting to find some form. Game should have been put to bed after we scored the second with some great chances that would have saved us all that nervy ending. Still, good 3 points and a reasonably entertaining game which keeps us in touching distance of our record points total. We might even get there before the split!

We're at the point of the season where the final outcome is the priority and we've got the required 3 points in each of our last two home matches without perhaps reaching the standards we are capable of. More than happy if we can keep doing that until the end of the season.

Good persistence shown by the team to just keep doing what they were doing until the breakthrough eventually came. Pleasing to see them play the conditions too by firing in awkward efforts from distance which found Brown wanting and lead to both goals.

A bit like in midweek the killer third, had it came, could have made so much difference to the final 20 minutes of the game. As was rightly mentioned by someone during the week, 2--0, however comfortable you may be, is an awkward scoreline to concede from. Difficult to know whether to try to hold what you have or try to regain the initiative against a side whose tempo and confidence are now much increased.

And suddenly, that mental two minute spell in the first half apart where we gifted them possession about 6 times, we looked vulnerable for about the only time in the game.

But we got there and that's all that matters.

Pretty solid performance against a well organised team who are always hard to break down. Thought we were pretty much in control in the first half and deserved to be a couple up at the break. Nice to get the opener so early in the second half although surprised to see Faddy hooked straight after, hope he isnt injured as he is starting to find some form. Game should have been put to bed after we scored the second with some great chances that would have saved us all that nervy ending. Still, good 3 points and a reasonably entertaining game which keeps us in touching distance of our record points total. We might even get there before the split!

Faddy signalled to come off and then changed his mind but he sensibly went off before further damage was done. nothing too serious but we are more comfortable with him on the pitch.

Faddy signalled to come off and then changed his mind but he sensibly went off before further damage was done. nothing too serious but we are more comfortable with him on the pitch.

With Moore and Anier back we have the option of not risking him. Faddy has been excellent of late but the pace of the other two can give defences a different worry

Just watched the highlights.

Vigurs strike was a screamer and Faddy did well to finish it off as he had to hit it back across himself with his weaker foot. Not as easy as he made it look.

Moore's shot totally deceived Brown with the movement he got on it.

Nice to see quality efforts from outside the box.

Any chance of a link weeyin? Doesn't show up on youtube here yet but with a link I should hopefully be able to watch via proxfree.

Here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExVZHRiE3Zk&list=PLAmNSUlUap5sNWgDy9_dL5HkD7mwHgEII

• Like 2

A mate of mine who is a County fan knows of the guy who was in the ambulance and said...

"He woke up in the ambulance with no recollection of his trip to Motherwell, thought he was still on his night out in Inverness"

Must've been some session!

A mate of mine who is a County fan knows of the guy who was in the ambulance and said...

"He woke up in the ambulance with no recollection of his trip to Motherwell, thought he was still on his night out in Inverness"

Must've been some session!

Had a few away days like that on 'Lizs bus' back in the day!

Vigurs is class. Brilliant touches and vision in abundance. I wish the highlights showed him keeping the ball in the corner at the end.

The people that make these shows wouldn't have the faintest clue what a highlight was from a fan's point of view. I'm not convinced it's done by people who even like football.

MFC TV typically has their own footage, although once in a while they just post BBC Alba's video up instead.

The Ross County highlights looked like they were from the club's camera, but I didn't see the Vigurs piece on there either.