2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

Why? Its fucking freezing aye, but theres no wind, rain, snow. Decent night for fitbaw actually (in Scottish professional football terms) as long as you keep running around, dont have exposed skin and the surface doesnt freeze.

Because it's supposed to help players develop their footballing skills, not their cold weather survival skills.

Stuff that crap - get him in the team - 100 games under his belt by the time he's 20, sell him for a million (well Accies seem to be able to do it) - if he's good enough he's old enough.

I know yer right, I think I feel sorry for him, playing against grown ups.

I was thinking that; £100k (ish) if memory serves?

Before that it was Hughes in the summer window, about £50k from Leicester, I thnik.

Since then, not a penny, unless we've had to pay development fees - I don't recall any, though?

I looked on wiki earlier (I know) and it said we paid an undisclosed fee for Sutton for his first spell, and the same for Jim O'Brien a week before that. I think thats the last time excluding development fee's

I know yer right, I think I feel sorry for him, playing against grown ups.

LOL - yeah he is a bit scrawny, but playing with the big boy's won't do him any harm. That's what clubs used to do when they 'farmed' promising players out to the Juniors (Dougie and Andy Walker spring to mind - Kenny Dalglish at Cumbernauld was another).

LOL - yeah he is a bit scrawny, but playing with the big boy's won't do him any harm. That's what clubs used to do when they 'farmed' promising players out to the Juniors (Dougie and Andy Walker spring to mind - Kenny Dalglish at Cumbernauld was another).

Dougie Arnott & Andy Walker were a product of the junior clubs rather than farmed out by any professional club were they not? Teacher & footy coach at school was involved at Baillieston when the Andy Walker deal came about & Dougie Arnott was plucked in similar circumstances from Pollock(?)

Encouraging that we are scouting and investing in the type of player that should have been the blueprint for Motherwell for many years. Acid test will be how good an eye for a player Baraclough and his colleagues possess.

Not sounding great on the injury front but pleased to hear it's a knee injury and not personal issues that kept McManus out.

Encouraging that we are scouting and investing in the type of player that should have been the blueprint for Motherwell for many years. Acid test will be how good an eye for a player Baraclough and his colleagues possess.

Aye, I think our "no transfer fee" policy hurt us on that front as often the youngsters cost something to bring in. I could understand that policy given the finances, but sometimes a little bit of cash wisely invested is what's required. Seems like the new owner is keen to adopt the investment approach.

what was in the dom Thomas story in the record the other day about him being with us since he was 11 ? I thought we did not play him last year be cause we were due smellic a development fee when he played so many games for us ? maybe getting mixed up , or maybe the record telling porkys !!!

Encouraging interview with the manager, I feel as a club Motherwell are moving back to the type of club we always were developing good young players either that have come through our own youth system or being scouted from the lower leagues. I am feeling optimistic about the clubs future for the first time in a while.