Relegation

milo

Don't understand why some put so much focus on accumulated points to date.

Points accumulated to date will count towards the end of season tally. At the end of the day points will decide which team stay up, which faces a play off and which is relegated. The footballing authorities will not take into account a team's popularity or how well they're perceived to have played. The 2 teams below us are below us for a reason. We have had to contend with a horrendous injury list all season.

All that said, yes we are a poor team.

Those who think the Championship would be good for a 'jolly' clearly haven't suffered through previous relegations and years in the lower tiers wallbash.gif. If you want to go to places like Palmerston, or Central Park, make a day of it on Cup weekend - any cup weekend, cause after December we don't have commitments on those dates - just don't ask the rest of us to go with you. I've had more than my fair share of relegations and don't want anymore thank you (though that's clearly not under my control).

• Like 3

I'm totally unconvinced by Ian Baraclough at this minute in time. Too much talk with no evidence of improvement.

We all laughed when Big Hughes took over at I.c.t. Results took a nose dive and tried and tested formations started to unravel. However, results and tactics only started to pick up and appear to have improved with the introduction of a new first team coach, Russell Latapy.

By all accounts training, diets, everything associated with being a professional athlete is monitored.

I don't have any knowledge of what's happening at this time, but we've all seen at first hand,disinterested players transform with a good manager, Mark McGhee.

I'm not seeing it happen at FirPark under Ian Baraclough and most worrying,it appears that the players ain't buying into it either. If kenny black is part of the problem, get someone in pronto.

If this isn't the case, rather than being the solution, Ian Baraclough may be out his depth and making things worse.

We really can't afford the drop. Major baw booting needs to happen from the top.

St Mirren in the main have been losing narrowly all season, we on the otherhand have been getting pumped, in the last 4 games we have conceded 15 of the poorest goals you are likely to see a professional team concede. We have scored one goal in the same time frame, our main source of supply appears to be Josh Law, a right back from the English non-leagues. We appear rudderless, unable to do the basics, lethargic, disinterested, heartless, devoid of motivation, lacking leadership from all sides and criminally unfit. Teams around us including County and St Mirren are starting to play some decent football, have turned to hungrier players which seems to be slowly working. We are still unable to play any semblance of football and we haven't convinced or looked the superior side in any of the 27 matches we have played this season. The teams above us are miles ahead and it will be almost impossible to catch 9th place.

All these factors point to a very tough fight against relegation and I for one, cannot see where the change in fortune is coming from. This simply cannot be dismissed as "pant wetting" or "melodrama", it is unfortunately a stark reality of where this club is heading at the current moment in time. We ARE the worst team in this league right now, this is the present and no talk of 2nd place finishes will change that fact. Baws need kicked, those with motivational issues can fuck off right now, firm direction from the top is needed as is financial backing to a new manager who is being hung out to dry here. He must be allowed to bring in several new players before the transfer window ends. This season is very much in danger of imploding around us and by the time some(if any) stern action is taken it may be far too late.

What he said! :(

Don't understand why some put so much focus on accumulated points to date.

So far this season, St Mirren have displayed a significantly superior standard of football which has been partly undermined by some ridiculous Tommy Craig signings. They now have a bit of momentum under a novice manager and look capable of picking up a few results.

Well I think it's pretty obvious, points win prizes as Brucie would say. It's our points tally, not our performances that will determine if we go down or no and just as well or we would already probably be relegated!

Perhaps worth pointing out that St. Mirren have improved since Teale took over and put untried youngsters into the team like Mallan, Mclear, Lewis Morgan and Jack Baird.

Well I think it's pretty obvious, points win prizes as Brucie would say. It's our points tally, not our performances that will determine if we go down or no and just as well or we would already probably be relegated!

Perhaps worth pointing out that St. Mirren have improved since Teale took over and put untried youngsters into the team like Mallan, Mclear, Lewis Morgan and Jack Baird.

Yeah of course, however I wouldn't hang on to our current points tally as a reason to why we will finish above both St Mirren and Ross County. At present, Teale's St Mirren is a better outfit than Motherwell.

It also can't be discounted that we have picked up 10 out of our 17 points from the 2 below us and that particular tally flatters us when you consider the corresponding performances. Meanwhile, I don't think there is 1 game this season where you could say we were hard done by.

First relegation in 31 years seems inevitable for us now and the sad thing is that's its looked likely since October.

Are you actually being serious? You'd think we were ten points adrift at the bottom of the table the way some folk are going on.

We're sitting in tenth place, and we've not lost to either of the sides below us this season. We beat St Mirren twice, and we've drawn with and beaten County.

Aye, we're not doing too great this year, but fucking hell, come on, eh?

We need to face facts - St Mirren are beginning to find form and more importantly are gaining in confidence and grinding out results.

Aye, and I'll bet there were people over on their forums saying the exact same thing about us last month. Remember? When we were taking seven points from a possible nine from three clubs around us in the table?

I'm willing to bet you all sorts of mental monopoly money that both St Mirren and Ross County will see themselves go on three and four game losing streaks before the season is over. They'll drop points.

Guy at work says he's heard the players aren't responding well to Bara's training methods and ideas. Don't know how true or reliable the info is, but would explain the apathy shown by some of our team .

Hops to god it's not true or we are totally fecked

could be true coolhand but with a lot of them out of contract in the summer they are probably not giving a shit ,, although that's wrong cause they should be playing for a future at an other club if not us , maybe his training methods and ideas are different and he needs to get some of " his type of players " inn ,,, only time will tell

See this 'players not responding to his methods' pish a la the Gannon era....why don't you just do what your boss is fucking telling you ya bunch of over-paid, wrapped up in cotton wool pussies.

In any other walk of life, your gaffer tells you to do something you fucking do it....get fucking on with it Motherwell

• Like 7

See this 'players not responding to his methods' pish a la the Gannon era....why don't you just do what your boss is fucking telling you ya bunch of over-paid, wrapped up in cotton wool pussies.

In any other walk of life, your gaffer tells you to do something you fucking do it....get fucking on with it Motherwell

+1

If there are issues between the manager and the players then they need to be addressed and they need to be sorted now. We are not in a position to be able to let this drag. There can only be one boss and the players who are unhappy with his methods then tough. Shape up or ship out. If he is trying to get them fit, then good on him, it is overdue. If he is trying to instill basic organisation then good, again well overdue. If the players think they are above this, just look at their last performance!

What happened to players getting theirs arses kicked by managers then dragged into training the next day like on Sundays etc.

They get treated too fucking nicely for what is in essence a part time job. Bunch of pussies.

All season I've watched this nonsense and our unfit bunch of arses seem to have it really easy. Even at half time almost every other teams subs are out doing a warm up, sprints, passing, stretching to get ready. Our boys are out chatting and playing long passy and keepie uppie!!!

We are so unprofessional it's embarrassing.

I don't buy into this the players aren't playing for the manager chat. It's more to the fact they aren't very good.

The players are playing for their livelihoods and I would hope, for our sakes, there are relegation clauses in each of the hopeless cunts that are contracted to next season to act as motivation. Cause if hammell lasley and McManus aren't motivated then no other useless cunt is either.

Guy at work says he's heard the players aren't responding well to Bara's training methods and ideas. Don't know how true or reliable the info is, but would explain the apathy shown by some of our team .

Did your colleague elaborate on that? What did he mean? Is it the case that A) the players support Bara's methods but are finding hard to understand them or implement them or B) are wilfully resisting change and are being thrawn.

The boss is in charge end of.

In Jim Gannon's stint, it was a case of both. He upset a number of the pros, some of whom got on with it while others downed tools. As far as his tactics were concerned they were spot on in principle. However the players he had at his disposal were not good enough to understand or implement them. He was so inflexible he couldn't adjust his approach.

At the end of the day MFC pays the players wages and in return the club as an employer has every right to expect them to try their best.

This is true of course. But I'm sure most of us in those other walks of life have also experienced some managers whose staff are more than happy to do what they're asked, and others whose demands are generally met with the least amount of effort possible.

But I'm sure most of us in those other walks of life have also experienced some managers whose staff are more than happy to do what they're asked, and others whose demands are generally met with the least amount of effort possible.

Yes and they're usually ushered out of the door PDQ.

I think given the way the season has gone so far with the 3 teams at the bottom, 35 points will be good enough to keep us in the division, that's either 6 wins or 5 wins and 3 draws... can't honestly see St Mirren or County picking up another 7 and 8 wins respectively to get above us... big question is can we get to that points total?? Got to be looking at our home games agains St Johnstone, Kilmarnock, St Mirren and Dundee as must wins. Don't really want to be going into the bottom six without at least a 6 point cushion.