Relegation

milo

• 2 weeks later...

Realistically, there are four teams fighting to avoid 11th. All it takes is any one team to go on a run and they are safe. I believe that given the next five fixtures, we could just be that team. We've had our bad run, and whilst we'll never turn into Barcelona, there is enough in that squad to put us in a comfortable position before the split.

Conversely, one team could plummet allowing the rest of the pack to breath easy. But as our 2016 results show, you could be utter dogshit and still be within touching distance due to the inconsistency of others.

It'll be interesting to see how Kilmarnock respond to the new gaffer. Clark has a fairly good rep down south and if he hits the ground running, could manage to get them to put a run together.

Thistle will manage to limp over the line just as unspectacularly as they have been all season. Which leaves Accies.

What can be said about accies without heart ruling head? I think/hope that come season end, they will be in 11th and will get their arses well felt in the play offs!!

And then, they can take their joob joob manager, amateur league pitch and pitiful excuse stadium back to where it belongs in the lower leagues.

Either way, we have a major rebuilding job to do for next season and with hibs and the Rangers back in amongst it, it'll become even more difficult for us to stay in the top flight.

It's not very often that my optimism actually becomes a reality but what a result that we've been the team to put that run together!!??!!

This post was way back in early/mid February and on the topic of relegation....can Utd pull it off? Are killie in free fall? Will those lucky accie bastards survive???

Apparently Kilmarnock put in good performances against Aberdeen and Celtic but they have only got 1 goal in their last 6 games. If you can't score you are in big trouble. And let's hope Dundee Utd get something in midweek against St. Johnstone as that will guarantee our Top 6 place.

Hamilton are away to Aberdeen and then have a home match against Dundee but they haven't won at home for 12 league matches. In fact Kilmarnock have only won 1 in the last 10 home league matches so that's two pretty terrible records.

Dundee Utd seem to have the momentum but it will probably come down to the head to head matches in the last phase.

If Utd make the play-off spot it's bad luck for the Championship team that plays them. Not that they are guaranteed a win as the Premiership team, but that momentum is a priceless. As Accies proved when they beat Hibs - much better to face a team that has slid down to 11th.

Fair play to Utd if they do stay up, though. Football can be fickle, but even as recently as our win over them, I though they were a banker for the drop.

Mathematically we could. If we lost all our remaining games and Dundee United won all theirs they would finish 1 point above us. Extremely unlikely I admit. What a turnaround though!

For United to catch us they must beat Thistle, if they beat Thistle we finish top six, if we finish top six United can't catch us. We cannot finish 12th.

• Like 2

We won't be relegated and we will be in the top six.

The big question is can we finish fourth and in a more general sense, who will be in the playoffs?

At this rate, hibs might have to wait another year!!!

At the minute I can't see Hibs even making the playoff; I really fancy Falkirk the way they're playing just now (granted, Hibs do have three games in hand over them).