Baraclough Out

Bop

In short, no. I personally think that any manager deserves at least one proper summer to do his job, but at the same time I wouldn't be all that upset if the board decided to remove him after the season finishes.

I must admit I have swung back and forth about Baraclough since his appointment, just haven't been able to make up my mind fully one way or the other. I have to say at the moment though, I'm not sure i'd even trust him with 100 quid to do my weekly shop for me.

If we go down, he has to go, its as simple as that.

McCall started this demise, through his utter ambivalence towards any sort of preparation for the season, along with his inability to clear out even the most obvious of deadwood in the squad and his lack of foresight in the transfer market.

Baraclough, though has had plenty of time, oodles of cash and umpteen opportunities to drag our arses away from the drop zone and so far he has failed to do it.

This season we have had two managers who have failed the Club and its supporters and I dont see anyway that Baraclough can stay on if McCall manages to finish the job that he started.

Couldn't have worded it better myself.

Anyone for a game of FootGolf?

• Like 1

Even if we stay up he has to go.

We're in the mess we are in because McCall made a huge mess two summers ago when we were in a strong position to rebuild and he completely fucked it up. We could be paying for his incompetence for years to come.

This summer whether we stay up or down the manager has a tough job on his hands. Leaving it to Barraclough who if you are being kind you would say his managerial skills are questionable would be madness. What he deserves or what is fair doesn't come into it, we are talking about the survival of the club and that is more far, far more important than some professional bullshitters feelings.

If we go down, he has to go, its as simple as that.

McCall started this demise, through his utter ambivalence towards any sort of preparation for the season, along with his inability to clear out even the most obvious of deadwood in the squad and his lack of foresight in the transfer market.

Baraclough, though has had plenty of time, oodles of cash and umpteen opportunities to drag our arses away from the drop zone and so far he has failed to do it.

This season we have had two managers who have failed the Club and its supporters and I dont see anyway that Baraclough can stay on if McCall manages to finish the job that he started.

He's still been stuck with the same group of players that he inherited from McCall though for the most part, hasn't he? He's not been able to really unload any of the dead weight as of yet, and anyone who actually thinks his moves in the January window were anything more than attempts to stem the tide of points lost is deluding themselves.

He'd been here less than a month at that point and was simply looking to cover injuries and suchlike. Nothing really gets done in the January window unless you're willing to spend decent money. No club is going to let a quality player leave on loan or on a free in January!

As I've said, he should be judged on the moves he makes in the summer and on the team that emerges from the tunnel at the start of the season.

We've actually finished the season in a worse place than McCall left us...but lets give Baraclough another season (in the 2nd tier) to try and right his wrongs.

David, if it were just purely players-based mistakes that the manager had made, then I might be more inclined to agree with you. His lack of tactical nous, consistently playing players out of position and his inability to change a team midway through a match tell me that he doesnt really know what he is doing.

I'm a relatively newcomer to the Baraclough Out camp, as I felt he had to have a bit of time to turn things around but if we get relegated for the 1st time in 30years then any Motherwell managers position would be untenable

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, we hired him to keep us up, and he did. Albeit not the way we'd have liked, but probably in a way that gave us far more memories than finishing a safe 10th would've, and by getting his tactics pretty much spot on when it came to the crunch.

Think that earns him another crack of the whip, at least until January...

• Like 2

Yes once the jubilation of today has receeded and not for a while yet as far as im concerned. He has a massive rebuilding job ahead and a lot of crap to offload. Please dont sign any other players the same calibre of Sraker who is AWFUL.

Yes once the jubilation of today has receeded and not for a while yet as far as im concerned. He has a massive rebuilding job ahead and a lot of crap to offload. Please dont sign any other players the same calibre of Sraker who is AWFUL.

He signed Skippy, Pearson, Grant, Laing, Johnson and also gave Erwin an extended run in the first team. That's not a bad strike rate in a January window for any manager. And as much as Long has been criticized for his mistakes recently, he didn't put a foot wrong in the play-off games.

I still dont rate him but you have to give credit where its due, even tho motivation wouldnt be an issue for these games, he picked an attacking team in both games and set them perfectly. Also loved his after match interview, instead of the "unlucky rangers,theyre bettter than that" or "the scoreline flattered a little" weve heard so often he said it straight, the score reflected the gap between the teams.

think if mcall was in charge for the play-offs we would be down, he set us out very positively in both legs and not many mangers would have done it that way so credit to him he got the play offs spot on tactically an his signings have been very good and got us through this difficult spell, hopefully can build on it an push on next season under him

We have improved considerably since about February. To be fair to him he's got us out a pretty terrible run and got us playing decent football (at home anyway) and then won a high pressure play off.

I remain to be convinced long term but Baraclough deserves the chance to build on the recent momentum and I'm sure every supporter wants him to do well because he's the manager of our team.

I've gone from supporting him to wanting rid to being right behind him again. You can see, imo, that we're got a plan and a vision in place which I never really felt with McCall.

Typical Scottish football fan .I take it this change of opinion coinsided with a few bad/good results. At least yer consistently two faced

I've been a critic but he's went and gave me 2 of the best days ever following Motherwell. Hugely impressed by how he approached the Ibrox game and managed us through today. We looked to be very well drilled.

Interesting summer ahead.

This.

Although would add that he still hasn't fully won me over, be he gets at least 6months grace now to show us what he can do. Got a feeling he could prove me wrong. Hope so.