Baraclough Out

Bop

By no means an encouraging performance today but some of the abuse in the stands was absurd today. To old folks stopped watching the game and just screamed abuse at barra the whole match but refused to blame the players. Another person berated law the whole game(quite rightly) and then moaned about his lack of confidence!?:S. The best one though was a guy who wanted to take the loss cos he couldn't be bothered with extra time. Just mind boggling. I'm all for voicing ur complaints to the manager but at some point you have to just back the team, if ur a fan, and choose ur moments to voice your disapproval at what the manager is doing.

• Like 2

Some bosses "fans" undermine their staff, don't trust them, shout abuse at them, constantly criticise them, or embarrass them. In such circumstances its very hard indeed to stay motivated.

By no means an encouraging performance today but some of the abuse in the stands was absurd today. Two old folks stopped watching the game and just screamed abuse at barra the whole match but refused to blame the players. Another person berated law the whole game(quite rightly) and then moaned about his lack of confidence!?:S.

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

Saturday's crunch game will tell us a lot. On one side the new players are still settling in; we've lost a couple of key ones through injury; we're above 11th spot; and we've had a tough set of opening fixtures. On the other we've lost 4 games on the bounce and are not playing well; we struggled badly against a lower division side; and we still have the same weaknesses we had last season. You pays your money and takes your choice.

IF we are going to fire Ian Baraclough, how long do we wait? Given our track record of long drawn out recruitment processes we can't afford to wait too long. Christmas is far too far away. The question in my mind is should we act on Saturday (if we don't beat Killie) or wait until the first round of fixtures are over (if we are still struggling badly)?

All that said, we might suddenly start to hit form beginning on Saturday and Baraclough's stock may suddenly rise.

Yes, Saturday will tell us a lot.

Saturday's crunch game will tell us a lot. On one side the new players are still settling in; we've lost a couple of key ones through injury; we're above 11th spot; and we've had a tough set of opening fixtures. On the other we've lost 4 games on the bounce and are not playing well; we struggled badly against a lower division side; and we still have the same weaknesses we had last season. You pays your money and takes your choice.

IF we are going to fire Ian Baraclough, how long do we wait? Given our track record of long drawn out recruitment processes we can't afford to wait too long. Christmas is far too far away. The question in my mind is should we act on Saturday (if we don't beat Killie) or wait until the first round of fixtures are over (if we are still struggling badly)?

All that said, we might suddenly start to hit form beginning on Saturday and Baraclough's stock may suddenly rise.

Yes, Saturday will tell us a lot.

Way too early to be thinking about sacking the guy.

Had Pearson not had his injury and the board had signed Jackson Irvine (as Baraclough instructed) then we'd be 1 right back away from a decent top 6 team.

In my opinion, there are too many panicking just now and it's influencing others in a way that wasn't seen in the pre-internet era.

If we lose to Kilmarnock on Saturday, I'll be upset but I'll in no way be calling for the managers head.

Time for folks to be thankful we're not in the Championship and get used to the idea that we're not best of the rest anymore.

• Like 3

Dunfermline have been in great form and are to all extents a Premiership team in terms of attendences and budget. Raith Rovers are also in good form and it was always going to be tricky for Hamilton. Reckon Raith can challenge for a play off place this season. Falkirk are a stronger team than Partick, even if one is in the top division and the other in the division below. BTW would take Peter Grant at Motherwell in a flash.

Meanwhile we played East Fife, part timers 3 divisions below us.

I'd completely disagree with the Dunfermline comment, the Partick/Falkirk one as well.

Whatever our level, we should be able to pass and control a ball, create space and cover each other. That was beyond us last night on a very decent pitch in perfect conditions.

We unfortunately do not look like a well coached team and are uncomfortable in possession. A lot was made of our 'difficult start' but on last night's showing I fear we will be unable to dictate against so called lesser teams.

One tactic that needs to be addressed is this firing the ball to our wingers at head height and then leaving them isolated.

• Like 1

I'm still behind Barra - for me the players need to take some responsibility. On too many occasions, the ball was launched forward - I'm pretty sure that was not in the managers plans. When you play a pass to someone, more often that not it should be to feet - not waist height. That's not the manager doing that - that is the players

The players need a kick up the backside - the two centre halves were both given the run around last night by Austin and he fully deserved the standing ovation from the Well fans.

Skippy missing a sitter, hitting the post from a free kick, their GK pulling off a great save from Moult - again this is not the manager, it is the players.

Dom Thomas was our MOTM last night by a country mile - and he came on at HT. If he does not start on Saturday, I will be extremely disappointed - and the lad himself should be too

• Like 1

One tactic that needs to be addressed is this firing the ball to our wingers at head height and then leaving them isolated.

I'm with you on this 100%. Yes neither Ainsworth or Johnson are playing well. However all too often they are given balls behind them or at the wrong height. Also, they are being fed too many balls that they have to come short for - just not their game. As I've said before its frustrating to watch our centre midfield or full backs faffing about and dithering before passing the ball to the wing, by which time both lads have 2 defenders on their backs.

• Like 1

I'm still behind Barra - for me the players need to take some responsibility. On too many occasions, the ball was launched forward - I'm pretty sure that was not in the managers plans. When you play a pass to someone, more often that not it should be to feet - not waist height. That's not the manager doing that - that is the players

If it isn't in the managers plans then he should toe them in the baws and get them in line - If he can't get them to carry out his instructions then he isn't up to the job and should be punted.

I could understand people saying that its the players fault for not listening to their managers instructions if it was only a one off game but every week we're going on to the park and committing the same mistakes time and time again. I think Baraclough has a decent (and only decent) eye for a player but for me he doesn't look like a manager. Terrible substitutions and poor tactics aren't down to the players.

Alarm bells started ringing for me after seeing Anthony Strakers debut. Not because of his performance per se, but because of how Baraclough had talked him up pre-match as someone who was a good crosser of the ball, equally comfortable at left back of left midfield. Since then it's been the same pre match cliches about the positives, "doing the right things in training" and how confident we are before we're handed the inevitable pumping. In his post match interviews he stands there sweating his box in speaking with all the confidence of a dug chasing its own fart. I think he knows he's out of his depth.

• Like 2

How on earth could that be construed as Moult's fault?

it wasn't - maybe I should have worded that part better - I was trying to point out that Moult done what he could, he actually done well to get a great shot away and the GK pulled off a great save - that is not the managers fault

If it isn't in the managers plans then he should toe them in the baws and get them in line - If he can't get them to carry out his instructions then he isn't up to the job and should be punted.

If you were there last night, would you not agree that Robinson went mental on quite a few occasions, appearing to tell the players that he was not happy??

I was coming in here to say the players need to take more of the blame here. (minty seems to have got in before me)

I am not in the Barra out club yet but I think the players need to buck up.

I also think we should maybe try playing 3 up front with two out & out wingers. See if we can start putting away some chances.

If things don't pick up and we don't see any player changes then I will slide towards Barra being removed.

The writing is on the wall even at this early stage I fear.

We look fucking awful, are incapable of the basics, let alone this "pressing" game we were led to believe we were going to deploy, and were just outplayed by a 3rd division part time team.

We look odds on to lose every week and our only hope just like last season is that the other poorer teams we're fighting to avoid the drop with also lose and we can somehow stay in touch with them and then fluke a win at somepoint.

He was given massive scope to build a team, back room team included.

What good will be done by giving him anymore time?

it wasn't - maybe I should have worded that part better - I was trying to point out that Moult done what he could, he actually done well to get a great shot away and the GK pulled off a great save - that is not the managers fault

If you were there last night, would you not agree that Robinson went mental on quite a few occasions, appearing to tell the players that he was not happy??

I wasn't there last night but a couple of mates mentioned this to me, apparently while Baraclough sat in the dugout with his hands in his pockets.

I wasn't there last night but a couple of mates mentioned this to me, apparently while Baraclough sat in the dugout with his hands in his pockets.

Not that old chestnut. Now you are scraping the barrel for reason to hate the guy.

Some of the greatest coaches ever show nothing on the side lines. In fact, I'd argue, that very few of the best are in the "scream and yell" category. My favourtite example is Bill Belichick at the New England Patriots. Whether you love them our hate them, the guy is coaching genius with an ourstanding track record, but look at him during a game (even in the Superbowl), and you don't get a flicker of emotion from the guy.

I'd also question any professional who needs to be yelled at by the gaffer to produce a performance. My boss doesn't need to come and yell in my face every day to get to do my job.

Not that old chestnut. Now you are scraping the barrel for reason to hate the guy.

Some of the greatest coaches ever show nothing on the side lines. In fact, I'd argue, that very few of the best are in the "scream and yell" category. My favourtite example is Bill Belichick at the New England Patriots. Whether you love them our hate them, the guy is coaching genius with an ourstanding track record, but look at him during a game (even in the Superbowl), and you don't get a flicker of emotion from the guy.

I don't hate him, I don't feel anything for him on a personal level other than maybe a wee bit of pity. There's a difference between being a coaching genius with little emotion and a guy who genuinely looks like he has shite filled pants during and after most games.

I'd be looking to get rid of such players who failed to carry out my instructions week-in/week-out if I were gaffer. Rule with iron-fist I say, Ferguson-esque!!

Way too early to be thinking about sacking the guy.

Had Pearson not had his injury and the board had signed Jackson Irvine (as Baraclough instructed) then we'd be 1 right back away from a decent top 6 team.

In my opinion, there are too many panicking just now and it's influencing others in a way that wasn't seen in the pre-internet era.

If we lose to Kilmarnock on Saturday, I'll be upset but I'll in no way be calling for the managers head.

Time for folks to be thankful we're not in the Championship and get used to the idea that we're not best of the rest anymore.

Well said mate.

• Like 2