Baraclough Out

Bop

Genuine question then for those who think we should back the manager. How many more games would we need to lose before you changed your mind?

If we lose to Killie on Saturday and then he doesn't have the team sorted post the international break (i.e. we lose/don't win the game after versus County at home) I'd fully want and expect someone else to be in charge come the Hamilton match. That'd be what, 2 wins from 8 games, one in the cup? Not good enough.

Genuine question then for those who think we should back the manager. How many more games would we need to lose before you changed your mind?

Dunno that I could give you a number, but I'd be happy to wait until the first round of league fixtures is over and see where we are compared to everyone else. (In the old days, I'd probably have said 'after we've played everyone home and away', but with the split you can't really afford to wait that long.)

Way too early to be thinking about sacking the guy.

Had Pearson not had his injury and the board had signed Jackson Irvine (as Baraclough instructed) then we'd be 1 right back away from a decent top 6 team.

In my opinion, there are too many panicking just now and it's influencing others in a way that wasn't seen in the pre-internet era.

If we lose to Kilmarnock on Saturday, I'll be upset but I'll in no way be calling for the managers head.

Time for folks to be thankful we're not in the Championship and get used to the idea that we're not best of the rest anymore.

Bold statement right enough...

Not there yet. He says the right things and you can see how frustrated he is in the post match interviews that the players arent following the gameplan. I was starting to swither towards the end of the first half last night but the introduction of Dom Thomas at half time and then Skippy the minute we went a goal down showed that he was at least watching the same game. The changes he made were what I would have done (unlike Saturday). His starting selection v Killie will be telling. Thomas must start and Law needs rested for his own good. Watt or Kennedy there would be fine by me. I do think he should get until at least the first quarter is out of the way and see where we are then.

Statistically, Bara is sailing pretty close to the form which got him booted from Scunthorpe, we're marginally better off but the writing could be on the wall unless we turn it around quickly. The drawback to sacking him, and also probably the concern of most of those who are against sacking him would be the saga of appointing his replacement unless the club take a punt on Craigan which I can hardly see them doing.

Statistically, Bara is sailing pretty close to the form which got him booted from Scunthorpe, we're marginally better off but the writing could be on the wall unless we turn it around quickly. The drawback to sacking him, and also probably the concern of most of those who are against sacking him would be the saga of appointing his replacement unless the club take a punt on Craigan which I can hardly see them doing.

That's the second mention of CRaigan's name in this topic......why?He has no managerial experience , don't even know if he's done any coaching badges.He played for the club for a long time but no way should he even be getting talked about as manager potential at premier league level

Minor observation at U20s game against Aberdeen. Few minutes after Kennedy gets sent off and we bring on Watt, Craigan turns to Robinson in middle of stand to ask what the formation should be.

Nothing wrong in seeking advice from the guy that is running the show from a coaching perspective but I'd like to think any future change in manager would require proven tactical know how.

Craigan has an important role to fill which will hopefully aid his own development over the next couple of years.

Despite the fact that I like his positive attitude, I also unfortunately think he is clueless which makes his positive attitude seem naive and embarrassing. However, his record so far is not the worst we've had, though also by no means the best.
Played W D L Win %
Baraclough 30 11 4 15 36.67
McCall 174 73 32 69 41.95
Brown 45 21 10 14 46.67
Gannon 25 7 8 10 28
McGhee 88 35 17 36 39.77
Malpas 44 14 8 22 31.82
Butcher 175 60 37 78 34.29

Not including the play-offs, Baraclough won 7 and drew 5 in the second half of last season.

In his first full season in the SPL, wee Tommy won 7 and drew 6.

That is why I'm prepared to give any manager a decent amount of time.

• Like 2

Generally stayed out of this thread but just out of curiosity I thought I'd have a look at McCall's record in the season he took over from Brown obvious caveat being we were top 6 after the split. However that's surely evened out by the fact that McCall inherited a substantially better squad than Bara did (Randolph, Jennings, Murphy et al) and we were already out of both cups by the time Bara took over vs Scottish Cup runners up and League cup semi-finalists (the round we were already in by the time McCall was appointed) the season McCall took over:

McCall (1st Jan 10 (6th pos.) - 15 May 11 (6th pos. - obviously we couldn't finish any lower))

P W D L F A Pts

21 6 5 10 16 38 23

Baraclough (20th Dec 14 (10th pos.) - 23 May 15 (11th pos.)) - not including play-off and not including the Ross County 2-2 on the day he was appointed as Black was taking the team that day IIRC):

P W D L F A Pts

22 7 4 11 27 26 25

Clearly as I've posted on other threads I think Bara has a lot to prove in order to convince that there's more to him than just middle-management speak. This season is on him, no doubt about that and this isn't a for or against post more just a bit of context.

Edit to add: Here's Brown's record when he was parachuted in after Gannon was binned.

Brown: (29th Dec 09 (6th) - 9th May 10 (5th))

P W D L F A Pts

21 9 6 6 31 24 33

I think last year we were a poor team who got away with it, this season I think we are a better team but we're underachieving. After six games I'll tolerate it, if it continues for the next six to ten a change at the top must ensue.

• Like 2

Getting a bit tired of the bullshit bingo press conferences, Barra offers each week. I wonder if the players feel the same. Against Killie, there were some good players performing far beneath their potential. We lacked confidence and cohesion. During the international break, Barra needs to step up to the mark, show some character, work on the areas we are weak, knuckle down and show everybody what he has in his locker. Hell, I could script his interviews.

• Like 1

Getting a bit tired of the bullshit bingo press conferences, Barra offers each week. I wonder if the players feel the same. Against Killie, there were some good players performing far beneath their potential. We lacked confidence and cohesion. During the international break, Barra needs to step up to the mark, show some character, work on the areas we are weak, knuckle down and show everybody what he has in his locker. Hell, I could script his interviews.

Don't listen to him then. I'm not his biggest fan and wasn't overly impressed today either but he's won the 2 must win games everybody said he had to win
  • Like 1

Yep i've stopped listening to Barraclough's interviews or the players too for that matter. All of last season we were assured

we would'nt finish bottom 2. This season do our talking on the pitch. We're MILES away from being a decent team so lets start

working towards it.

We are pure pish, there is no getting away from it. This week we've beaten East fucking Fife after extra time, after being a goal down, and managed to beat potentially the worst Killie team since Tommy Burns took over by a slightly dodgy penalty.

Baraclough says the right stuff, and every time I listen to him I think, 'aye, I know where he's coming from, and he seems to have a plan', but by fuck we're shite to watch, and are a rip roaring certainty to be bottom 6 fodder again this season.