2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

I hope we line up like we did against Rangers this season; we can hurt teams with the pace we have breaking with Ainsworth, Marv, Pearo, Skippy etc. It's also a good system for possession football and using a 5-man midfield to boss things and open up space in behind. (PS - right looking forward to trying this on FM/Fifa now, hah! :lol:)

------------------------------------- TBC (Twardzik) --------------------------------------

--- Law (Watt, Reid) -- Laing (Kennedy) -- McManus -- Hammell (Chalmers) ---

Ainsworth (Maclean) ----- Pearson (Cadden) ----- Lasley (Leitch) ----- Johnson (Thomas)

------------------------------------------ McDonald (Fletcher) ------- -------------------

---------------------------------------------Moult (Clarkson, Moore) --------------------

Have to say we already look a vastly superior side to the starting 11 from last year. McDonald, Pearson and Johnson are a massive injection of pace and proven quality going forward. Credit to manager and club for the most decisive approach to the pre-season business since Kampman.

What good will that do? I'm fairly sure his contract expires next June; I'd much rather he had half a season to get some confidence and came back to prove he was worth another deal. Taking a gamble on a player for another season after a year in the Championship isn't where I think the club should be heading.

Well perhaps we should leave ourselves the option of a recall but unless one or more of our new forwards is basically duff unless he does exceptionally well up until January is he really going to come back in and get games? If he looks like he is kicking on and doing well in the Championship we can still offer him a new deal with the incentive of being a more integral part of the team next season.

Look at how St. Johnstone handled Stevie May. He got a few games as a young lad where he showed some signs of talent but was clearly not ready, spent two full seasons out on loan in the old 2nd then 1st divisions getting games and scoring goals and then got promoted when he was much more seasoned. If only it was always so simple but with 4 players ahead of Moore in the queue and all Barraclough signings I wouldn't expect much in way of opportunities with us this season

Apparently we are playing a trialist goalie against Sligo tonight hope it's not Samson and he is better than what we have

Must confess that I've been expecting us to bring in a goalkeeper on loan. A trialist suggests we are looking at a free agent. Surprised...

without sounding like a dick, i wouldnt actually mind samson.

ive spoken with a few killie supporting mates who all have nothing but good things to say about him and they watch him every week.

I've spoken to a Killie fan who normally goes every week who left the last game at Fir Park at half time on account of having to watch Samson and was refusing to buy a season ticket unless they signed another keeper, any other keeper