2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

Someone better informed than I may be able to answer this but with regards Reid, he hasn't actually played for us this season other than Lasley's testimonial has he? With regards that particular rule is it the number of clubs he's 'played' for or a registration thing?

Edit: doesn't matter found it, a player is free to be registered to 3 clubs in a season but can only play for 2 clubs in "official" matches. So the fact that Reid's already played for St Mirren shouldn't impinge on a move if someone wanted him assuming he hasn't already played for us in a competitive game. http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/administration/regulations_on_the_status_and_transfer_of_players_en_33410.pdf

I'm fairly sure that he's played in an under 20s game but don't know if that counts.

I'm fairly sure that he's played in an under 20s game but don't know if that counts.

You're right, he played 82mins in a Dev league game vs Rangers on 1st Sept.

I'm not sure it would count though despite being a league sanctioned by SPFL as Ferguson also played in that game and has since been out on loan to Annan and is now with Airdrie as of last week.

Or the other club will be paying more of his salary. Disappointed but in no way surprised.

Very true...maybe we'll get him back in the summer when he doesnt do too much for the next 6 months haha.

As an aside we're looking quite light in the middle against Hearts now.

United sold Ben Pearson, former under 21 poty, to Preston for 100k the other day after being on loan at Barnsley. Might be a similar move on the cards.

Saturday just got a whole lot tougher but we can't afford to gamble on a quick fix like we did with Jake Taylor before heading to Tynecastle in August.

Gutted about that one to be honest. I was hopeful that with 6 months to go they would let him see it out with us. I reckon it will be a sale, they wouldnt loan out surely unless they were renewing him? Didn't think we could probably afford him long term though.

As others have said, came on to great game the past couple of months and was looking a solid right hand side combining with Law. Whoever replaces him will have to be a hell of a worker to cover the grass like he did!

Now is the time for someone to step up on Saturday.

Disappointing to lose him as he was getting better and better with every game.

No doubt he'll end up at someone like Accrington Stanley!

Hope not. They are Sevco's feeder club these days. Wouldn't like to see him end up there.

In a sense this almost meets the aims of what the club are trying to do with promising talent. Bring them to the club, give them a platform to showcase their abilities whilst benefiting from them whilst they're here and then once folk see what they can do, they move on to bigger and better things.

How bloody typically Motherwell-esque however that the player we manage to we meet the aims with isn't actually ours and we get nothing back financially for our part (barring any miniscule development fee we may or may not be entitled to with it being a loan deal).

A shame. A good player who approached his time on loan with us with an exemplary attitude. Sorry to see him move on.