2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

We won't sign a rightback.

There are about 5 players at the club who can play there

Agree with that if we are only going to see 2 players in as has been suggested by Steve Robinson on twitter then for me i hope its 2 midfielders or failing that 1 mid and 1 left back.

The midfield badly needs strengthened Lasley is well past his best 2nd to every ball now and ends up chasing the game every week. when Hammell was injured which seems to be more regular these days we havw no decent cover, Watts been tried, Chalmers, even Marvin Johnson ffs so we need another capable left back asap.

• Like 1

It will be interesting to see who we bring in to strengthen the squad, as our defence and midfield could really do with some cool headed, experienced players, who can hit the ground running.

With a bit of luck, someone who can hit the ball running would be a bonus too.

Or how about Rory Delap, that would put the cat amongst the throw-in pigeons ...

Pssst, don't tell anyone but Paul Paton will join Motherwell from Dundee Utd before the start of next week.

Heard from a friend of his that used to play with him at Partick Thistle and now works in my office.

Nah, just made this up. Thought we needed a good rumour.

• Like 1

Pssst, don't tell anyone but Paul Paton will join Motherwell from Dundee Utd before the start of next week.

Heard from a friend of his that used to play with him at Partick Thistle and now works in my office.

Nah, just made this up. Thought we needed a good rumour.

Damn, I was bought into that and starting to get annoyed before I got to the last sentence. Haha.

He's been very good the 3 or 4 times I've seen him. Would be a good signing.

However, it was all over the paper 2-3 days ago that he wanted to stay at Thistle and they were in advanced discussions about a new contract.

However, it was all over the paper 2-3 days ago that he wanted to stay at Thistle and they were in advanced discussions about a new contract.

We've heard that kind of story before haven't we? Probably an agent involved somewhere to stir up a salary auction.

• Like 1