Morton V Motherwell League Cup Rd 3 Tues 22 Sep Ko 19:45

Brazilian

If we are fighting amongst ourselves this is a total embarrassment and I'm ashamed to call myself a Motherwell supporter. We deserve to out of the cup and as a club to a man we need to have a very long hard look at ourselves. Shocking way to behave.

You may want to step down off that soapbox until you know exactly what happened.

• Like 1

:ph34r:

Not including extra time - did I not mention that? I should be a bookie.

I was in the 'give him time' camp, but if the long ball stuff is really his idea, he needs to sort it pronto. If not, I don't think he'll be here after Pearson is fit for duty.

• Like 1

You may want to step down off that soapbox until you know exactly what happened.

I understand that David, was only going on what had be said so far. As for being a Well fan right now we are making ourselves easy targets, flares on Sat now the game being stopped for fighting. We don't need another fine, bad enough we are now out of the cup to cut our bank we don't need to add insult to injury. We also don't need a reputation at away games thats all was was saying. If it was the so called security being too heavy handed then we should as a club get ripped right in to them. Trying to get fans to the football these days is hard enough but the high viz jacket mob having a wee bit of power and chasing fans away from the game, this needs stamped out and pronto. Anyway maybe on the wrong thread for this, and might be more important to listen to the people who were at the game when they get back.

Home. Truly dismal performance. In the first half we were outrageously bad. I mean it wasn't even juniors level football we were playing it was literally pub team stuff. No movement, no running, no touch, no passing, no pace. And what was even more worrying, a look of total disinterest in even making any effort to win the match. It was a cup game! Baraclough is finished not because of the fans, but because he picked a team tonight, a team that should never have been picked, but a team none the less, and not one of those players tried a leg for him. Every one of them wanted to be somewhere else. Absolutely shocking performances from the likes of Robinson, Johnson, Chalmers and Taylor. What's the common link there? All brought in by Baraclough and all dreadful.

Ross Forbes made Grimshaw, Taylor and Leitch look 3rd rate. I was never a vociferous critic of Forbes like some people here but he can pass a ball unlike any of our guys. And anyone that thinks we can do without Hammell, Lasley etc got a rude awaking tonight.

I left at 90 minutes due to having to get trains home and therefore missed ET but even if we had turned it round Baraclough would still have had to go. We are dire. Worse than last year.

• Like 1

I wasn't at the game fortunately but I was shocked to learn the starting line up. Central midfield was always going to be a problem for us with or without Lasley. However to play 2 wingers and one striker with no link to the rest of the midfield beggars belief. If a lad like Ross Forbes can outshine our central midfield that speaks volumes. If Baraclough's game plan was to rest players for Saturday and hope to squeeze through tonight it has backfired spectacularly.

If Baraclough's game plan was to rest players for Saturday and hope to squeeze through tonight it has backfired spectacularly.

He specifically said it was an aim to do well in the cup this season, so what the fuck was that line up all about? We should have all our best players out there. We all know who they are.

Rumours of several fall outs behind the scenes - did that influence the team line up?