2016/17 Ins & Outs

David

I'd have said that a natural right back was almost certainly one of our priorities given the grief that Law gets. Also going by the way ICT fans regard Brill I wouldn't be surprised if Brill ended up our first choice keeper. He's an upgrade on where we were at the start of last season with Twardzik at the very least.

If, as rumoured, it's true that Law is away then we may well be looking at Tait and Laing for the RB positions with Watt out on a Dev loan and Kennedy and Heneghan for the CD position next to McManus.

I'd argue that left back is more of a priority. And given we finished last season with four centre midfielders, two have left and the two that remain have a combined age of 69, that would have been my priority.

And I know we may well sign midfielders but another centre back seems a waste of a wage on a tight budget...

“Ben will come in and battle it out with Kieran Kennedy, Louis Laing and Stephen McManus for a centre back position and Richard is an experienced and talented right back who had a really strong season at Grimsby.

Suppose that says loads about Law....... Not even mentioned to compete with Tait...

Pleased we've signed a forward. Heneghan at 6ft4 looks to have the physical attributes we were looking for. Tait looks to have a good number of games under his belt at a similar level to Moult and Johnson so hopefully he can contribute.

With apparently more signings to follow, we have to address midfield. Interesting to see if there are other departures. Law and Ainsworth have been touted as possibles, potential bids for Moult or Johnson?

Once again, a close season of a fair bit of change potentially...

RIght back was a priority so good to see someone come in there, hopefully Tait can make the position his own and improve us down that side.

Heneghan seems to be quite well thought of at Chester from what I read so it will be interesting to see how he does and also where it leaves Laing/Kennedy.

Blyth seems to be one of these 'possible potential' type signings.