2016/17 Ins & Outs

David

Undisclosed means likely we have bent over once again.

Surely the Well Society members will be notified as we are custodians and owners of the club?

It doesn't mean we were shafted.

The Well Society are not custodians of the club.

The Well Society does not in any way, shape or form own the club.

But apart from that, aye.

His comments on Oxford site are shocking I've been wanting this for weeks just wanting the games out of the way so this could happen shows how he couldn't give a toss last few games and proud of it liked him but if that's his attitude good riddance

Aye ok, m8.

Marvin said
“It has been hard because Motherwell fans have been great with me but I’m very pleased to be joining a club like Oxford which is obviously on the up and ambitious. The Manager has a great reputation for working with players and helping them develop their game and I can’t wait to join training and be involved.”
  • Like 1

His comments on Oxford site are shocking I've been wanting this for weeks just wanting the games out of the way so this could happen shows how he couldn't give a toss last few games and proud of it liked him but if that's his attitude good riddance

“It has been hard because Motherwell fans have been great with me but I’m very pleased to be joining a club like Oxford which is obviously on the up and ambitious. The Manager has a great reputation for working with players and helping them develop their game and I can’t wait to join training and be involved.”
Was expecting way way worse

On his day he was our best and most dangerous player. This was sporadic however.

Bottom line is we paid circa £30-50k and got a decent return

He has probably trebled if not quadrupled his wages. Hard not to see how he would want that - as would we all.

Things were going south, so best he moved on. Hope we get one or two in as cover.

MON the MOULTY

Aye ok, m8.

Marvin said

It has been hard because Motherwell fans have been great with me but Im very pleased to be joining a club like Oxford which is obviously on the up and ambitious. The Manager has a great reputation for working with players and helping them develop their game and I cant wait to join training and be involved.

Hiya Marvin, Hiya Pal

It doesn't mean we were shafted.

The Well Society are not custodians of the club.

The Well Society does not in any way, shape or form own the club.

But apart from that, aye.

Cause Oxford offered 300k, we wanted a million and given previous, I know who is more likely to have budged.

Not releasing fee incolved suggests to me is likely 400k and we don't want other clubs to know how much of a pushover we are.

And when the fan ownership model is being pushed...this us exactly the info paying society members shoul know surely?

So aye indeed.

300k or 500k or whatever we got for Johnson is a massive improvement on the money we paid for him and moving on a player who clearly did not want to be at the club is a great bit of business for Motherwell.

I am happy with £500k. But when the club gives us all the guff about Oxford being miles of our valuation, he wouldn't be sold below budget and Oxford can't afford him paints us as an absolute laughing stock and total pushovers.

Club could release fee like the 300k was released and put it all to bed. Fact they haven't tells me that its probably a complete back down.

If it's more than 750k it's amazing. So that's our bases covered on the hypothetical stuff.

The buying club is us usually who specifies that the fee be undisclosed, and it's still money whether the fans know the amount or not.

Funny comments on Oxford Twitter from Oxfird Mail bit different never thanks Mitherwell says has had to grind it out last few weeks so it's up to everybody to believe whatever they like but in the end he's gone so time to move on and see what 2 players we bring in as thats what is being rumoured

Undisclosed fee, good way to treat the fans!!!! If it is less than £300k then it's s farce

Why a farce ? 300k is probably more than he was worth, just over 1 season at Fir park after a career in non league football has not turned him into a superstar

• Like 1

Just noticed Nicky Clark got released by Bury after a month and signed for Dunfermline.

What a manager Ally McCoist was....

To be fair, Clarke was the sort of guy a lot of folk felt Rangers should be buying, a young player who had scored 30 odd goals in the 2nd division/league 1 for queen of the south, made sense.

I suspect his dad being a former team mate was more of a factor for Mccoist mind you.

Good luck to Marvin. Great player to watch when he was in full flow and provided some good memories. However, he's not the type of guy that would get near your favourite or best Motherwell XI.

He was seen as an investment and it's certainly paid dividends. Hopefully we can continue to follow this model.

• Like 1

Daily Record reporting this: I thought we had no sell on clause

Johnson joined the Steelmen in 2015 for £25,000, but included in the deal was a 10% sell-on clause for Johnson.

Therefore, Motherwell will not pocket all the money from tonight’s transfer.