Jump to content

Andy_P

Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

That's all he has to look forward to until his Rangers contract runs out, then he will no doubt get a permanent move to an  L1 or L2 club.

He can also look forward to spending all the money he made based on a few good games. I think in this case it was a good choice by him and his agent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seen a few reports this evening saying Hibs want James Scott on loan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/17/2021 at 9:06 AM, Spiderpig said:

It's on the BBC gossip page this morning 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58238315

 

In again today

Hull City's Scotland Under-21 forward James Scott is set to undergo a medical with Hibs on Friday and sign a season-long loan deal. (Daily Record)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

In again today

Hull City's Scotland Under-21 forward James Scott is set to undergo a medical with Hibs on Friday and sign a season-long loan deal. (Daily Record)

 

frustrates me that a team like Hibs who not so long ago were relegated are able to snap up some of our previous decent players.  

Shows the impact of being  able to maintain 10k crowds each week.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure Hibs signing Scott on loan from a Championship club is much different than us signing Kelly on a loan from a Championship club last season.

A bit disappointed it hasn't worked out for Scott so far, though.

Despite Dempster's original majoriy fan-ownership plan, Hibs are back to running on a rich owner model. We've seen how that can pan out.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, weeyin said:

Despite Dempster's original majority fan-ownership plan, Hibs are back to running on a rich owner model. We've seen how that can pan out.

Exactly - give it 10 years, Hibs will have been relegated again........we on the other had...

We'll be, mid-to-low table, complaining how we've missed on targets going to our direct competitors as we head into season 2031/32...!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

frustrates me that a team like Hibs who not so long ago were relegated are able to snap up some of our previous decent players.  

Shows the impact of being  able to maintain 10k crowds each week.

 

Aye, turns out having twice as many people willing to buy your product means that you make more money.

Don't know if Scott would start there most weeks, and what he needs now is games.

 

EDIT: Didn't realise Doidge was out for so long. This move makes more sense knowing that 

Edited by C&A not the shop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, C&A not the shop said:

Aye, turns out having twice as many people willing to buy your product means that you make more money.

My frustration  was not too many years ago we had very similar crowds - Hibs have maintained and added more punters.

We have reduced by more than 50%.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Edinburgh's catchment area is about 30 times bigger than ours. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, weeyin said:

Edinburgh's catchment area is about 30 times bigger than ours. 

I get that - Edinburgh has always been bigger than Motherwell.   It's more a comparison how we've fallen in crowd size. 

Hibs/Motherwell for a long period of time had very similar crowd size, over the last 20 years they've maintained v's we've halved in crowd size.

I don't know how they've managed to maintain v's why we declined - but it does frustrate. 

Ideally I'd like to see us improve and get stronger as a club - v's the survive another year and aim for 9-6th spot. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

I get that - Edinburgh has always been bigger than Motherwell.   It's more a comparison how we've fallen in crowd size. 

Hibs/Motherwell for a long period of time had very similar crowd size, over the last 20 years they've maintained v's we've halved in crowd size.

I don't know how they've managed to maintain v's why we declined - but it does frustrate. 

Ideally I'd like to see us improve and get stronger as a club - v's the survive another year and aim for 9-6th spot. 

 

Really? Id be surprised if thats true. We have had around 4500 season tickets on average for the last few years. I dont ever remember us getting crowds regularly in excess of 9000 apart from games against the ugly sisters.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What are the average attendances over the last 20 years?

I doubt ours is anywhere near hibs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

What are the average attendances over the last 20 years?

I doubt ours is anywhere near hibs.

Think at our peak we had a 7k average, it drops when you only play the OF 3 times at home instead of 4. I can't ever remember us having crowds like Hibs tbh

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Yabba's Turd said:

Think at our peak we had a 7k average, it drops when you only play the OF 3 times at home instead of 4. I can't ever remember us having crowds like Hibs tbh

That would be my recollection.

Even in the Championship chasing seasons of the early / mid 90s I dont recall us breaking the 10k barrier and they were really good teams to watch.

So I cant see how we can have dropped over 50% of our crowd in that time. 

Happy to be proved wrong though as my memory isnt the greatest any more!  :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Even in the Championship chasing seasons of the early / mid 90s I dont recall us breaking the 10k barrier and they were really good teams to watch.

Back then we'd get probably about 5,500 for an 'average' game, maybe 7,000 ish for bigger teams like Aberdeen and Hearts and over 10,000 for OF matches although Rangers nearly always brought a bigger crowd than Celtic.

Just taking a quick look the famous 1-0 win v Celtic in the Scottish Cup when it was blowing a gale and Tommy Coyne scored the winning header had an attendance of 14,061.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Back then we'd get probably about 5,500 for an 'average' game, maybe 7,000 ish for bigger teams like Aberdeen and Hearts and over 10,000 for OF matches although Rangers nearly always brought a bigger crowd than Celtic.

Just taking a quick look the famous 1-0 win v Celtic in the Scottish Cup when it was blowing a gale and Tommy Coyne scored the winning header had an attendance of 14,061.

Had a scour on the net and can't find anything back to the 90s. 

Early 2000's we averaged 7500 fans (2005 season).   We've definitely dropped off since but perhaps 10k per week is remembering through claret coated lenses. 

Either way I'd love to see FP back rocking and no better time than now. (well next week)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, unknown said:

My feeling is he will struggle to hold  down a starting spot. He left us with a lot of developing to do and I can’t believe he’s developed that much since.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

Twitter @MotherwellFC

×