Red Card Statement

Kmcalpin

Press coverage of Bowman's tackle is a joke. Was it dangerous, yes, does it warrant discussion nearly a full week afterwards, I think not. Typical Scottish media pandering to the opinions of one of the gruesome twosome. Almonst as annoying as it is predictable....

One the reasons it has had so much coverage (outwith the fact it was against Celtic) is the big song and dance we made - not unjustifiably - about the McHugh and Skippy red cards. We were always going to be under more scrutiny after that, waiting for someone to "get away" with one.

One the reasons it has had so much coverage (outwith the fact it was against Celtic) is the big song and dance we made - not unjustifiably - about the McHugh and Skippy red cards. We were always going to be under more scrutiny after that, waiting for someone to "get away" with one.

That's it exactly. If McGhee wanted to add credibility to our argument ge could have highlighted Bowman's tackle as another example of inconsistent refereeing. As far as I'm aware he didn't comment on it. I'd check his post match MFCTV interview however it appears to have been removed from youtube.....

That's it exactly. If McGhee wanted to add credibility to our argument ge could have highlighted Bowman's tackle as another example of inconsistent refereeing. As far as I'm aware he didn't comment on it. I'd check his post match MFCTV interview however it appears to have been removed from youtube.....

The post-Celtic one? Here it is:

https://youtu.be/aJTzvrdXEKQ

I honestly didn't think it was that bad and am not surprised they are appealing. One footed sliding challenge without studs showing. Rash tackle, yes but only a yellow in my opinion.

I thought it was right foot through the back of left ankle, the force of the tackle knocking the ball away.

Very similar to his tackle on Hammell which I thought was a yellow and I thought this one was a yellow too. However a lot of people felt the one on Hammell was a red. Would be interesting to know if the referees discussed that tackle at a get together and if that had any influence on Kevin Clancy's decision last night. With my objective head on, I think that red card was harsh.

Sorry but all the pictures and video I have seen are of Kiernan sliding in from behind and taking the man out. Straight Red and should stand. Our lads at least took the ball first before the man, whether the red cards were justified or not, leaves room for debate on that alone.

However Sevco are obviously looking at appealing this so they have him available for Celtic. So the SFA will rescind it, after all he got away with punching earlier in the season.

Will be interesting to see how our Club react if it is rescinded.

• Like 1

My thoughts as well. If winning the ball and then carrying on into the player is a red then going through the player from behind with no prospect of winning the ball is a red all day long no matter how high or low your foot is.

I thought Kiernan's tackle on Hammell was much worse than the one a few nights ago with less control, off the ground and with studs showing. All things that were noted as being red card offences but, in my opinion, didn't apply to his tackle against St. Johnstone.

This is going to come to a head soon (possibly now with Rangers being affected) and the rules clarified for players and supporters.

I thought they were both reds in the current climate. I thought his tackle on Hammell was worse than the one McDonald got sent off for but that was overlooked because Hammell managed to get out the way before there was any real contact.