Scottish Premiership Kilmarnock V Motherwell Sat 4 Mar 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Pearson has came into a vastly under performing team. To put the blame on him for those 4 performances is ridiculous.

He's shown what he can still contribute in flashes, not for full games, I'll agree to that. But given how these games panned out show me one player who managed that.

I think will go with

Samson (Unfortunately)

Tait Heneghan McHugh Hammell

Cadden Clay Lasley Pearson

Moult. McDonald

That's an experienced team and if not mistaken makes up 8 of starting line up which won 1st game of season with only McManus Ainsworth and Johnson missing but Moult and Pearson not bad replacements

Pearson is far and away the best midfielder we have?! Really? So in just under 3.5 games in midfield since his return our aggregate score is 16-3! Have we had any other run of results this season anywhere near as poor as this? Coincidence? Eh, no. Whatever he had has gone and allied to that he looks like he couldn't care less, which is even more disappointing given that he should care more than most given his association with the club over the years.

Of course. Silly of me to judge a player beyond the last 3 games.

By the way, he scored in one of them.

Clay should be nowhere near the startjng 11. He's a big reason we are where we are and offers absolutely nothing. Can't pass, can't shoot, no pace and can't even get stuck in.

Pearo might be more effective on the middle, but then who else can play left mid?

I wouldn't be adverse to seeing Csmpbell start in the middle.

• Like 1

Of course. Silly of me to judge a player beyond the last 3 games.

By the way, he scored in one of them.

What I took issue with was the 'far and away the best midfield we have' comment. If we was, would we not have seen a bit more from him than we've seen? Hope to hell im proved wrong and whoever our new manager is can get the best out of Pearson, (as we need anything at the moment), however looks to me like a desperate signing by a desperate manager.......

It's all sugar or all shite with every player it would seem.

I think the problem we have throughout the team is the vast majority are just ok. Good at some things, shit at others. No more and no less. We need a manager and formation to get the best out of them and that has not happened enough this year.

Play to our strengths, play to each player's strengths, change it early when it's not working and it's a good start.

Hopefully that changes tomorrow.

What I took issue with was the 'far and away the best midfield we have' comment. If we was, would we not have seen a bit more from him than we've seen? Hope to hell im proved wrong and whoever our new manager is can get the best out of Pearson, (as we need anything at the moment), however looks to me like a desperate signing by a desperate manager.......

Pearson scored 7 goals from midfield last season. If we'd had someone score 7 goals from midfield this season we'd be in a hell of a lot better position. The entire squad minus Moult and McDonald has scored 8 goals this season and one of them was a free kick by the assistant manager. Asking him back was hardly desperate.

When any other midfield player we have available plays at international and champions league level maybe I'll change my mind about his qualities.

Hope Robinson has the balls to make the changes he wants to. I'll be very disappointed in him if it's a McGhee-esque selection.

I always find it fascinating when an assistant manager takes over as interim manager to see how many changes are made. Gives an idea of how much agreement there was among the coaching staff or whether assistants and other coaches weren't having much of a say.

Today I'll be particularly interested to see if Ainsworth features at all...

• Like 1

I wouldnt be surprised if Ainsworth does start today, Robinson made the point in his press conference most teams up here particularly those in the top 6 all have pace so we might see that today. I'd also try playing Cadden in the middle of the park today alongside one of Lasley, Lucas or Campbell, that would give us some pace in the middle as well.

Looking forward to the game as it stands.

Let's see how that feeling is at 2pm when the teams are out, and then at 3.05pm when I have seen us play some football!

I do hope we make a couple of unexpected changes to the norm. At the very least I hope a week of training on shape and roles, according to Robinson, has some visible effect.

There are some obvious changes that could (should?) be made without it necessarily being radical. Seeing the photos the club put up yesterday with Tait and Hammell in training then I'm hopeful that we're able to avoid a repeat of last week's back 4. I was utterly terrified we'd have some sort of #wegoagain approach to team selection.

Given his inconsistency I'm loathe to turn Ainsworth into some sort of saviour figure for our season but Del_Superwell's point about Cadden moving centrally appeals to me. There's nothing to suggest that Cadden would be any worse an option at RCM than Clay, in fact there's enough to suggest he'd be a better option.

Samson

Tait Heneghan McHugh Hammell

Ainsworth Cadden Lasley Pearson

McDonald Moult

Pearson scored 7 goals from midfield last season. If we'd had someone score 7 goals from midfield this season we'd be in a hell of a lot better position. The entire squad minus Moult and McDonald has scored 8 goals this season and one of them was a free kick by the assistant manager. Asking him back was hardly desperate.

When any other midfield player we have available plays at international and champions league level maybe I'll change my mind about his qualities.

Yeh, lets play McFadden as well then going by your rationale......

I am sorry I would not even consider Ainsworth, he has done nothing to suggest he could change the team, if he does play just hope he proves me wrong

Like him or loathe him (I'm somewhere in between) he along with Pearson are the only midfielders likely to chip in with the odd goal or assist. He's worthy of a place on the bench for sure. Madness for McGhee to leave him out of the 16

Can anyone remember the last time Ainsworth had a decent game for us.

Ross County 4-1 win at Fir Park. Since then we've played 16 & he's started 3 games (Dundee at Dens, Killie at Fir Park and Hearts at Fir Park playing as a 2nd striker).

Edit:

Of his sub appearances since;

he's been on the park for less than 15 mins in 3 (2 of which were less than 5 mins), he's had more than 20 mins in 4 and been an unused sub 5 times, not in the squad once.

Samson

Tait - Heneghan - McHugh - Hammell

Cadden - Lasley - Pearson - Frear

Mcdonald - Moult

Would be my team I think. I know it's only U20's but Frear looked very useful in the highlights against Celtic and could provide a bit of an unknown quantity against Killie. Lasley to sit infront of the back 4 and Pearson and Cadden to support box to box.

Huge game today and if we win it tightens everything up again in the league. Important that we see a reaction today, nothing less than 100% and showing we are up for the fight.