S Robinson Motherwell Manager

CoF

If we are looking beyond Robinson/Craigan and assuming Coyle is out our reach, I expect us to be interested in the likes of Stubbs. IIRC, he was on our radar a few years ago when we were doing a fair bit of business with Moyes' brother.

If we weren't in such a precarious position, I'd be looking seriously at Gary Naysmith.

Thanks. In among some of the most depressing suggestions made on here and elsewhere this appealed to my sense of humor and brought a smile. Yes I do know we are all entitled to an opinion.

I think you've missed the actual sincerity of Eddie's post. He can rake in a decent strikers wage on a Friday night in Bellshill, you know.

Seriously though, Robinson will probably take full charge until the end of the season now. Think he is capable of doing the job as well.

• Like 1

It's one of the most important appointments in recent years, given the on the park transition the new man will need to oversee as we eventually move on from the Lasley/Hammell/McManus era. Can't afford to get this wrong...

This.

My concern with any Scottish manager coming in would be whether they'd be too loyal to some of these players based on reputation and not performance.

Next manager will have to replace McDonald, Moult, Hammell, McManus and Cadden (McHugh looks a Lasley replacement). Big ask so whoever comes in will need to be smart in the transfer market...

If we are looking beyond Robinson/Craigan and assuming Coyle is out our reach, I expect us to be interested in the likes of Stubbs. IIRC, he was on our radar a few years ago when we were doing a fair bit of business with Moyes' brother.

If we weren't in such a precarious position, I'd be looking seriously at Gary Naysmith.

Naysmith has not long went to QOS. Don't expect us to be looking at anyone who would require a compensation fee.

This.

My concern with any Scottish manager coming in would be whether they'd be too loyal to some of these players based on reputation and not performance.

Next manager will have to replace McDonald, Moult, Hammell, McManus and Cadden (McHugh looks a Lasley replacement). Big ask so whoever comes in will need to be smart in the transfer market...

Cadden will be here next season.

I'm not sure Robinson has the track record we're looking for in turning around a struggling team. I also don't remember us being too clever defensively the last time he was here.

I suppose we'll see what he can offer in the next few games.

Hopefully he can implement a few things picked up during his coaching with Northern Ireland. They certainly showed through the qualifying campaign and the finals of the euros they were a well drilled and defensively sound team.

But I agree, I don't think we were particularly clever at the back last time he was here. Time will tell I suppose.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10785269/players-let-mcghee-down

Comments from Robinson and Lasley here. Nothing outside the norm/expected, to be fair.

However, it's mentioned at the start the club want someone in by the Aberdeen game on the 11th. So, it looks like we will be pulling the trigger on a new manager sooner rather than later.

Now that McGhee is away, I think I'm settling more on Jim Duffy as my shout.

It's someone I would have associated with the old manager's merry-go-round in previous years and would never have foreseen a day I'd be hoping for him at Fir Park, but I tend to agree with those touting him as an ideal candidate at this stage.

Not only has he done a fantastic recent job with Morton, and Clyde beforehand, suggesting he could be a good option in the long-term, but he also has the experience to get us out of the shite in the short-term.

I know there's some doubts over whether we'd pay compensation for a gaffer already at a club, and I think there's even question marks over whether he'd take the job given he's got a good gig going at Morton with sidelines in the Sun and on Clyde One, but from the names being banded about today, particularly those who are being strongly linked early on, I'm favouring Duffy.