S Robinson Motherwell Manager

CoF

Have they won the lottery and no told us, although out of work I would suspect Coyle would look for bigger pay and resource than we can offer.

Even we can offer more than the dole que. Also there are release clauses that Coyle could request if something "better" came along.

Have they won the lottery and no told us, although out of work I would suspect Coyle would look for bigger pay and resource than we can offer.

Like you I'd be surprised if Coyle was interested. But my reasoning isn't financial. I don't think Coyle needs a large wage as he has probably had a couple of big payoffs as well as earning a lot while in those jobs. Resources wise, at Blackburn his hands were tied financially relative to others in that division.

My reasoning that he wouldn't be interested is that I don't think his reputation has suffered that much down South and I suspect he'd be able to pick up a job down South at some point. Other aspect, as others have pointed out, is that he tends to bring his own coaching team with him wherever he goes and I suspect the club might be committed to keeping Robinson and McFadden (whether they dhould be is another question). I think this may be a sticking point...

"......I suspect the club might be committed to keeping Robinson and McFadden (whether they dhould be is another question). I think this may be a sticking point..."

I'm not sure if keeping them would be a deal breaker but since he won't be the next manager it's irrelevant

"......I suspect the club might be committed to keeping Robinson and McFadden (whether they dhould be is another question). I think this may be a sticking point..."

I'm not sure if keeping them would be a deal breaker but since he won't be the next manager it's irrelevant

Who's your money on then?

Both Robinson and Faddy are contracted until the end of the season, so the option would be there to let both of them go, should the Directors wish this.

As far as managerial applicants are concerned, the Board must take into account their track records. However that should also be informed by the circumstances of their appointments ie "after taking the job I discovered I couldn't bring anyone in" / "the Chairman micro managed the team and undermined me" or whatever.

Joeboy summed up my thoughts exactly in his post this morning "I guess our next appointment is a tough one to balance. Between now and May, we need a motivator who can get the best out of this group of players to keep us in the division. However, beyond May, we really need a man with an eye for a player, as many players in our current squad are either ageing or lacking in ability and need to be adequately replaced going forward. Getting a hybrid of the two at short notice might be a tough ask."

• Like 2

I'll just spend from now until the hour of disappointment pretending it's Ryan Giggs, demoting lasley to housewives second favorite, and having to say things like "dingwall's a hard place to go to" and "we had to double up on dougie imrie".

Hadn't seen this mentioned and it should have been clear anyway given his comments the last time the job was available but Craigan's categorically ruled himself out saying he doesn't want the job and that it's not for him. He's happy working with the u20s and doing his BT gig. Sensible lad.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/15125417.Stephen_Craigan_not_interested_in_Motherwell_vacancy___It_s_not_for_me_/

• Like 1

I'd love it to be Joe Jordan for no other reason than he was one of my childhood heroes!

Big name, local boy, plenty of top level coaching experience.

My only reservation is that he has never been a number 1 since his spell at Hearts. Is that too long off the managerial merry-go-round?

Hadn't seen this mentioned and it should have been clear anyway given his comments the last time the job was available but Craigan's categorically ruled himself out saying he doesn't want the job and that it's not for him. He's happy working with the u20s and doing his BT gig. Sensible lad.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/15125417.Stephen_Craigan_not_interested_in_Motherwell_vacancy___It_s_not_for_me_/

Doesn't surprise me. When he was caretaker the last time he was pretty candid about not wanting to be the boss. He obviously enjoys his U20 gig and, with a nice cushy number on the telly, he'd be mad to take on the hot seat.