The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

Heneghan is a defender with serious limitations.

Or "a 23 year old with the potential to develop" as they say in the professional coaching business.

I always enjoy this time of year where fans who do nothing but slag off our players turn around and complain that we can't get big transfer fees for them.

• Like 1

Or "a 23 year old with the potential to develop" as they say in the professional coaching business.

I always enjoy this time of year where fans who do nothing but slag off our players turn around and complain that we can't get big transfer fees for them.

If we got £150,000 for him I'd still be surprised someone paid for him but fine, it would cover the cost of a replacement.

And I actually mentioned in my match comments in that he had had a good game. I'm simply giving an opinion that, for me, he is only effective in certain circumstances, such as in the Hearts game when teams play narrow or long.

When teams play wide, when there is any kind of inter change or intelligent runs from deep and teams get behind the back four he literally has no idea what to do.

I'd want more for my half million personally.

But hey, Blackburn is a disaster club, they may well throw money at us.

To be honest in the 2nd half of last season I thought Heneghan was absolutely horrendous. This season like the first half of last he has done pretty well. Does the basics right for the most part and has good potential. Finally it looks like we are getting a bit of solidity at the back, it would be a shame to lose that. 150k is laughable IMO, I hope we kick anything under 400/500k into touch. Heneghan is the type of player that would absolutely walk it in League 1 and a Championship team will come in for next year and offer a million for due to the bizarro world financial climate down there. I would really surprised if he moves to anything below a middle table Championship team, there are far worst defenders in that league

To be fair he had Samson behind him and McMinging next to him last season , not great for a developing player . A vast difference now working with

strong solid defenders.

He wasn't good against St Johnstone.

Last season plenty on here would have gave him bus fare to England but as usual are so fickle they spin on a dime at 1 or 2 games.

My opinion I based on 40 games. If he puts together a run of form maybe I'll revise but not before.

As for the constant negative, well things have generally negative over a number of seasons, hardly my fault for calling a spade a spade.

However you really don't have to look far for me too see praise - for Bowman for instance for his effect in the last few games, or Kipres performance against Hearts. Or praise for Campbell as we cross our fingers that he might actually get a first team start some time soon.

If you want to offer weak argument based on a myopic view of my posts that's down to you.

I think you're missing the point. It's not about the negativity of your thoughts and opinions, but the drastic and noticeable change in your attitude. It genuinely is like someone else has put YaBezzer in a basement and then started using his login.

• Like 2

It's interesting to see how everyone values our players so differently, guess it's really just all about personal opinions. Myself, I wish this transfer window would just get to f**k. I'm quite happy with the squad we have and would like to how it would get on. Atleast till the next window when all this circus starts again.

I actually thought Heneghan was patchy last season. Started reasonably well but then his form tailed off, only to pick up again when we switched to a back three.

I actually think all three of our first choice central defenders look far more comfortable in a back three. Don't know if I'd be happy with any combination of Heneghan, Kipré and Dunne as the two centre backs in a back four...

I think you're missing the point. It's not about the negativity of your thoughts and opinions, but the drastic and noticeable change in your attitude. It genuinely is like someone else has put YaBezzer in a basement and then started using his login.

Couldn't agree more.

We need a severely limited player like a John Sutton character so we get a smile and some stats back on the message board from Ya Bezzer bigging up constantly..

Ya Beezer has someone taken a dump in your weetabix recently.

Your really negative. An actual replacement or parody of MJC and you make Milo seemingly positively enthusiastic.

Ben Heneghan has been very good since the season started.

I'll never shake my hard earned reputation.

• Like 3

Regardless of the varying opinions we all have on Heneghan the transfer market is an absolute shambles at the moment. Getting 150k for a guy who could do a job in the English championship is not good business for us. Naturally we will never get the fees they command down there but we need to stop selling our guys short.

• Like 1

Some of our fans need a bit of a reality check as to where we are in the scheme of things. Talk of a £1m, for a player in the last year of his deal, is crazy talk. It's just not going to happen at our level.

Where we are going to get our cash is down the line, on the likes of add-ons and sell-on clauses. If we can get an upfront fee of around £250k for Ben, good money for our club when we got him for nothing, with some good add-ons, then it represents good business for the club and reflects the "model".

• Like 3

Some of our fans need a bit of a reality check as to where we are in the scheme of things. Talk of a £1m, for a player in the last year of his deal, is crazy talk. It's just not going to happen at our level.

Where we are going to get our cash is down the line, on the likes of add-ons and sell-on clauses. If we can get an upfront fee of around £250k for Ben, good money for our club when we got him for nothing, with some good add-ons, then it represents good business for the club and reflects the "model".

Pretty much.

For a bit of context Liam Lindsay had a couple of years on his deal and Thistle got £350k plus future incentives for him from Barnsley. Greg Stewart had a year left on his deal and Dundee got £500k for him (player who had been voted into various Team of The Year awards). If we're getting anywhere near £300k plus add ons for Heneghan then it's a decent bit of business for a player we got for nothing, owe no sell on for and who we've got a season out of and whose form in that period has been patchy.

Our "model" is a two way street, the club's side of the bargain is being reasonable when it comes to offers. If we sell the club to prospective players as a "platform" then being seen to price a player out the market if a Championship side comes along isn't really a good look. By all means we should be aiming to maximise what we can get for our players and get value but there needs to be a certain amount of realism there.

As Desp says selling for a reasonable (but not prohibitive) up front fee and building in sell on clauses is the way we're most likely to benefit. The possible income off any forthcoming deal for Johnson in this window surely illustrates that.

• Like 1

Conveniently at almost the exact time a certain well known taxi driver seemed to fall off the face of the earth

Conveniently at almost the exact time a certain well known taxi driver seemed to fall off the face of the earth

A conspiracy theory too far? Who knows but whether in positive or negative mode Ya Bezzers posts are well constructed and not abusive or begging for attention, so I doubt they are one and the same. But who knows (or cares, I just want sensible debate from different viewpoints not silly games! )

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

1957, so a few years before my time as well. Have seen the film though and it was a decent story, well told.

The use of 'Hardy Kruger" as a euphemism for " the one that got away" is not my invention. I saw someone else use it, quite liked it, and decided that imitation was the sincerest form of flattery. I can't remember who it was, but it may have been Delboy in "Only Fools and Horses".

It's from Porridge.

Also referenced is Googie Withers...

within these walls

Damn, I'm old.

• Like 1

Anyone know what the sell on amount we get for Marvin? Mind blowing he is going for £2million pounds but good news for us.

If you believe The Sun which I tend not to, because...it's The Sun the sell-on we're due is 25%.

"The deal only went through after Well's chief operating officer Alan Burrows insisted on a 25 per cent share of any future transfer fees"

Again...it's The Sun.

• Like 1

Anyone know what the sell on amount we get for Marvin? Mind blowing he is going for £2million pounds but good news for us.

I believe it to be 25%; in this case of £2.5million. Does anyone know if we get a percentage of the next future sell on, if there is one, given that the total deal is reporterd to be £2.5 million + £500k in add ons?

• Like 1

• Andy_P locked this topic