The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

1 hour ago, AlmostFrazzled said:

I'd question why he looks like he's blowing out his arsehole after about 6 minutes of being on the park.

Probably equates to about the amount of injury-free training time he has managed to put in. He seems to be one of those players that will never manage 4 consecutive weeks of fitness.

On ‎07‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 10:44 AM, steelboy said:

I can only think of two assists from open play in his entire time here. Moult at NDP and Bowman at Dingwall.

Add in that he has only scored two goals and it's not much of a return from a wee winger who cannot defend.

and he's fat

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Happy Dosser said:

And he can't tackle. Tackling's so important for an "out-and-out winger".

That's the problem he is not playing as an out and out winger he is being asked to play as a wing back where he has to tackle and he is not very good at that .

5 minutes ago, Clackscat said:

Harsh and I suspect tongue in cheek especially after that tackle on Sinclair recently

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

That was amazing. Magnificent. Whenever someone runs at him though I have the fear.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, weeyin said:

That's certainly where he'll make his money. Surprised he stayed with Accies as long as he did. 

Yes agree with that........allways seemed to be up for it against us......would like him here

Always thought he would earn a "big" move and make accies money.........what a shame !!!!!

14 hours ago, weeyin said:

I see Ali Crawford is leaving Accies in the summer.  

He could do the proverbial job in our midfield - although I suspect he'll be aiming a little higher (or a little better paid).

Lennon was on pre-match before the Accies v Celtic game and admitted he's been looking at Crawford for Hibs.

14 hours ago, weeyin said:

I see Ali Crawford is leaving Accies in the summer.  

He could do the proverbial job in our midfield - although I suspect he'll be aiming a little higher (or a little better paid).

Accies fans think he's been useless for the last 2 years or so, I hope we stay well clear of him.   We already have better options and there are other better options out there we could bring in, an example being O'Hara of Dundee who I think would fit into our style of play far better.

Hibs looks like one of the more likelier destinations for Crawford, particularly if both McGeough and McGinn move on this summer as rumoured.

Think O’Hara remains a decent shout for us, certainly a Robinson type player. Polworth may be another one on the radar. 

Whatever happens this summer, we need to leave room in midfield for Turnbull to get an opportunity. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Del_Superwell said:

Accies fans think he's been useless for the last 2 years or so, I hope we stay well clear of him.   We already have better options and there are other better options out there we could bring in, an example being O'Hara of Dundee who I think would fit into our style of play far better.

Any time I have seen Crawford play (in person or on telly) he has been Accies' best player. His form might have dipped recently, but I'm not surprised given the agricultural style they have adopted on that abomination of a pitch. 

I'd much rather we expanded our style to include guys like Crawford than bring in more of the same who struggle to pass to one of our players 3 times in a row.

• Like 1

On 07/04/2018 at 10:44 AM, steelboy said:

I can only think of two assists from open play in his entire time here.

Aye, cause getting assists from set pieces is of absolutely no value to a team whatsoever. 

On 07/04/2018 at 1:15 PM, steelboy said:

Two goals against professional opponents in 14 months, one a roll into an empty net the other a neat wee finish off a cross. He has absolutely no shooting threat.

As someone has already mentioned he rounded the keeper to create that empty net, do you think McFadden's goal against Macedonia was rotten as well then? It must take a lot of effort to search for negatives the way you do.

Aside from this, Elliott Frear was signed by Mark McGhee to play as a left winger, with a left back behind him. With McGhee lasting little over a month after he signed, since then we've only really seen him play as a left wing-back, but for a couple of exceptions. People are on here judging him as a left winger for the way he plays as a left wing-back. Football doesn't work like that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lobey_Dosser said:

Hibs looks like one of the more likelier destinations for Crawford, particularly if both McGeough and McGinn move on this summer as rumoured.

Think O’Hara remains a decent shout for us, certainly a Robinson type player. Polworth may be another one on the radar. 

Whatever happens this summer, we need to leave room in midfield for Turnbull to get an opportunity. 

Watched the under20s game last night and was keen to see how Turnbull played, and left disappointed. None of the players on view covered themselves in glory, despite the scoreline, in particular we defended incredibly poorly and our goalkeeper was easily the man of the match.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, weeyin said:

Any time I have seen Crawford play (in person or on telly) he has been Accies' best player. His form might have dipped recently, but I'm not surprised given the agricultural style they have adopted on that abomination of a pitch. 

I'd much rather we expanded our style to include guys like Crawford than bring in more of the same who struggle to pass to one of our players 3 times in a row.

I'm the same...anytime I've seen Accies play well, he has been their catalyst. He might be going through a bad spell, but there is a player in there. Who wouldn't struggle to look pure shite in that Accies team?

44 minutes ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

Watched the under20s game last night and was keen to see how Turnbull played, and left disappointed. None of the players on view covered themselves in glory, despite the scoreline, in particular we defended incredibly poorly and our goalkeeper was easily the man of the match.

Craigan has said we never played that well, yet grounded out the result as opposed to the last few weeks where we have been much the better side and got nothing.

if he left you disappointed and still scored two that isn't too bad !!

• Andy_P locked this topic