The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

I think the quality between the two is night and day. Moult had a much much better recent record that Fisher and was much less of a gamble, also moult has only had 4 permanent teams hardly a journeyman compared to the nine for Fisher, aye?

True, but as pointed out he was playing in a team destined for relegation. He seemed to have a bit about him when we played them/when I've watched him that set him apart. Put him in a team with Frear and Cadden creating chances I think he'll score plenty.

Patrick offered him a deal as well and he chose us, hopefully he kicks on from his 9 goals in 8 games last season

Only 30 odd goals in 7 years compared to Moult who has that in almost one season with us. I don't want to beat the guy down before he has played but he looks more like a replacement for Bowman never mind Moult. I am just thinking out loud sorry

Relatively pleased with that. Anytime I saw him last season he looked like he had something about him. Decent record in the lower leagues in Belgium, Italy & Spain too.

Don't think anyone should expect this is a replacement for Moult but should be better than Blyth and Bowman. Keep in mind we are going to be bringing A LOT of guys in this summer. Some may be playing cameo roles rather than replacing our best players..

Only 30 odd goals in 7 years compared to Moult who has that in almost one season with us. I don't want to beat the guy down before he has played but he looks more like a replacement for Bowman never mind Moult. I am just thinking out loud sorry

I think my comparison to Moult was a bit unfair; I'm happy with him as a replacement/back up to a replacement for Moult if/when they come in. If he's Moult's replacement come August I'll be concerned.

• Like 1

Have to say happy enough with Fisher signing, as although he is a forward, but can be played anywhere according to reports

So what is the story about McFadden then?

So who is next assistant Manager?

I take it will be either Lasley or McManus?

Mibbe. Or mibbe SR wants to bring back Baraclough ;)

Hopefully Bowman will be on the conveyor belt of failure out the door now Fisher has arrived.

Anytime I seen the guy he impressed me last year, hopefully we can get something out him.

All the best Big Eck!!..... Oh no, we used to have another Big Eck :(

underwhelming news if true. A forward from a relegated premiership team. Lets hope that its just a rumour and we have set our sights on someone who is not a journeyman forward

It takes all of one second for these responses to appear. Any player we sign is sh1te/poor/underwhelming*

I likes the look of Fisher - granted maybe because he scored 4 goals v us. But compared to Bowman ? Time will tell but with our budget and if rumoured beating other SPL sides then I am quite happy with this piece of business. I know an upbeat post - never catch on

* delete as appropriate

• Like 1

It takes all of one second for these responses to appear. Any player we sign is sh1te/poor/underwhelming*

I likes the look of Fisher - granted maybe because he scored 4 goals v us. But compared to Bowman ? Time will tell but with our budget and if rumoured beating other SPL sides then I am quite happy with this piece of business. I know an upbeat post - never catch on

* delete as appropriate

Yeah right, I never post normally like this but I backed up my comment with my reasons and his stats more than those who normally post like that, so fuck off righteous prick

• Like 1

Which part of Ireland is Burundi in? Exciting signing, mainly because it's completely out of nowhere and we finally have our first burundese(?)

I like the look of fisher, although that's mainly based on watching him against us. So it looks like our wish of a Blyth/bowman departure might come true.

Given the signing of Bigirimana, I hope you don't pay by the letter for names on your top!

Given the signings announced today Anyone think they're anything other than squad fillers?

No chance with Bigirimana he would walk into our midfield and will be a certain starter. Fisher I think will be our usual target man type of forward. Would be really surprised if he is our first choice

• Andy_P locked this topic