League Cup 2017'18 Next: Celtic F (Hampden) 26/11/17 15:00

gdalli10

Oh what sweet, sweet irony.

Does it make up for 1976? Probably not. Some scars will never fully heal.

Would winning the final heal that wound?

How sweet would it be to end the unbeaten run whilst we're at it?

Maybe I'm getting a wee bit carried away but a cup win that beats the top 3 which includes both sets of cavemen would be amongst our greatest ever achievements.

oh i think it does, we inflicted real pain on them in the play offs now this.

Before my time, but 76 would have been a routine win for them, albeit a sore loss for us.

This absolutely kills them though, as did the play-offs, as did the losd to Hibs in the SC Final.

Routine victories in the league bring back the 'superiority' feeling to them, but this, the Hibs game and the now routine pumpings from Celtic bring them straight back to reality.

Literally not the same team anymore.

• Like 1

I doubt I will ever get over the 1976 semi final and the pitch invasion a couple of years later. I can live with that.

Right now, whilst beating this mob is extremely satisfying, I genuinely believe it is not the same club. Just an ersatz copy of the unappealing original.

The only thing that might give me any closure against the old club now seems tantamount to the unedifying act of pissing on a corpse, so not worth the bother.

I doubt I will ever get over the 1976 semi final and the pitch invasion a couple of years later. I can live with that.

Right now, whilst beating this mob is extremely satisfying, I genuinely believe it is not the same club. Just an ersatz copy of the unappealing original.

The only thing that might give me any closure against the old club now seems tantamount to the unedifying act of pissing on a corpse, so not worth the bother.

It's the same fans though, or their descendants.

How sweet this was. Like a few other posters I have been supporting the 'Well for many, many years - since my dad took me to my first game and curiously enough it was against Rangers at FP in Charlie Aitken (Legend) testimonial game. Up until today I'd never seen us beat Rangers in any cup competition and have suffered many a sore heart against them. The very worst definitely being the semi-final of the Scottish Cup in 1976 when they cheated their way to a win. I cried just about all the way home that night and if I'm being honest I've never gotten it out of my system. However the team today did us all proud today and gladdened my old heart to finally beat this lot in a cup match. It doesn't totally take all that pain away but hell it certainly was sweet. I've seen better footballing 'Well teams in the past but the present guys are certainly one of the most gutsy we've ever had. They showed tremendous belief and desire today - something that we haven't always had against this mob in the past - and in the end were worthy winners. Thanks guys you made a long suffering fan very happy today.

• Like 7

RANGERS: Alexander; Faure, Perry, Cribari, Wallace; Argyriou, McCulloch, Macleod, Aird (McKay 81); Shiels (Crawford 76), Sandaza (Hutton 24).

SUBS: Gallacher, Stella.

MOTHERWELL: Randolph; Kerr, Cummins, Hutchinson; Hammell (Francis-Angol 66); Humphrey (Daley 72), Hateley (Ramsden 64), Lasley, Law; Ojamaa, Higdon.

SUBS: Hollis, Murphy.

Still raging we never wiped the floor with them in 2012.

Great result ..... however one of our worst performances of the season, second to every ball until midway through the second half. Moult was excellent after his head knock and the difference, it seemed to focus and drive him. Exact opposite of Aberdeen in last round. If we play like that against Celtic, we'll be 3-0 down by halftime. If we are going to take the silverwear home then we need to have everyone on song and playing to their full ability.

Harry the unwashed as soon as they get it, get the ball to feet and play football opposed to head tennis and get crosses beating the first man and we have a chance. Plus the planets aligning and Celtic exhaustion from PSG hopefully.

Encouraged by the heart and drive of our team. Really hope the SFA don't impose any retrospective shit. Bowman was clearly watching the ball and Moult did kinda lash out after he was kicked.

• Like 1

Let's face it with the except of Carson in goals and Moult up top we were pretty brutal today but today was also a day of karma.

The last two semi finals we've played Rangers we deserved to win and didn't. Then there was those last minute goals last season that they didn't deserve and the 1-1 when their keeper saved them big time. There was also the first match of this season when again they were lucky to beat us.

Today was for all those times when we've deserved more than we've got. Today was the day when what goes around, came around.

Rangers have been damn lucky against us and it was wonderful to see their false sense of superiority well and truly popped.

MISERY UNTO RANGERS.

Now go and win it.

• Like 3

You want bluestacks for PC, android OS that runs over windows.

I'm happy to mess around with all that stuff.

But with no disrespect to Texanwellfan who was the original requestor, I think he was just looking for a website stream.

I have a $50 Android Set-top Box hooked into my telly for all my streaming services - legit and mibbe-not-legit.

If any of you get the chance to watch the post match chat on BT sport there is no other word for it other than "delicious".

Let me set the scene, Fat Sally and McCall looking like Chris Sutton has just had a go on their respective Mrs' then Sutton decides to goad them (albeit with valid questions) but its the manner in which he does it. I've never seen McCoist look like he was going to lamp anyone since he had his little spat with Lennon at Parkhead.

It was a thing of wonder and I will cherish the memory of this interview as much as Louis' second dipping under the bar and that extra second it took to resonate among us all it was in. The defining moment was Sutton uttering .... "They won't be singing Tina Turner on the coach home!" ... cue me bringing my thumb, index finger and 2nd finger together and kissing them Italian style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bilLyLdz8lg

Sheer joy. If anyone can put up the full post match, I will be forever indebted.

The piece I saw, McCall seems to be cringing every time they talk to him and call him "Rangers legend".

I know it didn't end well, but the guy obviously loved his time at our club - BT Sport today only seemed to want him with his Rangers hat on whereas I think he would have been delighted for 'Flow and the club that they won.

I don't normally like Sutton, but he was quite entertaining post-match.