Scottish Premiership Game 5: Kilmarnock (H) Saturday 09/09/17

Yabba's Turd

Good three points but the lack of an alternative to Elliott Frear is starting to concern me. We finished the game with Cadden at right back and our first choice right back at left midfield. It says a lot for Tait that he goes out there and gives it everything and he contributes but several times today the fact that he wasn't on his natural side cost us opportunities. I mean no slight on Tait here. His attitude and workrate are excellent, never gives anything less than 100%.

As others have said, poor first half and an improved second. Bowman looks a new man with some confidence, Kipré is as good a centre half as we've had in a long time and Campbell was simply outstanding.

Cautiously optimistic, going forward...

Thought we were poor in the first half (both teams were in the first half probably). Changing Dunne for Hammell seemed to be the game changer. A vastly improved 2nd half, which lead to a result we deserved. Campbell stole the show today and has the potential to be an amazing player, and if he keeps it up I can see him moving on in a couple of seasons for a decent wedge of cash.

"Kipre booked for a player bouncing off him."

Sorry: still laughing at Katie's 3.27. Great stuff.

Loved the way Hartley constantly shouted at the defence. Looks mean and keen.

And finally, Stevie Hammell looked about five years younger. Lots of neat wee passes to unlock the left side.

SR has instilled spirit and competition: at least this year we'll always get effort, tackling and resistance.

big improvement in attitude and physicality from last season. Don't think any team will boss us physically this season. Full marks to SR again for changing it early when players are having an off day. To the muppets who were sitting behind me in the Hunter stand today ---- if you are only going to slag off everybody and not support the team then get to f**k and don't come back. They were discussing Campbell's performance and came up with " he's no bad in the tackle but wastes a lot of passes"

Deserved to win on the second half performance.

Might have been different if Brophy hadn't missed a sitter, albeit with a good save from Carson but he still had to put it away, and then Carson again has clawed one out of the corner of the goal.

Second half improved immensely after a pretty sloppy first half - Hammell and Bigi were a huge improvement on Rose and particularly Dunne who gave the ball away on virtually every occasion.

Killie's heads seem to go down after we opened the scoring and we were completely dominating the match at that stage until the rather odd Hartley for Grimshaw substitution put us the other way. Suddenly we looked a bit nervy at the back, a bit tired and falling further and further back.

The penalty came at a good time as it was looking like one of those nervy finishes we are all so accustomed to at Fir Park.

Carson had a good day, Kipre was excellent again but I thought Allan Campbell was absolutely tremendous. Looks like he has a 150 games under his belt.

Alan Campbell is a true midfield warrior of days gone by. He loves a tackle which me and all fans love plus he is always available for a pass. Our midfield today especially 2nd half for a bit with Campbell McHugh and bigi were very dominant. I know it's early but I'm excited

Another game leaving the ground enthused and smiling (as most were).

First half poor Robinson was trying to get word to Dunne to play it shorter, Hammel on was a game changer ... shorter crisper passing.

Campbell and Bowman outstanding as was Hartley, one of the best Well debuts I've seen. When you have the spine of the team strong you can get away with a lot.

Subs spot on yet again. Biggi for Rose was right at that time and Hartley had signalled to the bench with tight hamstrings, good maturity last thing we all needed was him injured.

McHugh did well going back but for all the comments about players going past him and being on the slow side we did lose a bit in midfield when he went back.

So lots to be pleased about and there is obviously more to come. Spirit, fitness, organisation, options, yet still around me in the pod some moanin chunts. Wtf do you people want especially 'shakemaheidy'

Looking forward to Adeen league cup tie.. could be a very special fir park night

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Any time there is a runner from midfield they go right past McHugh every time.

Happened every game this season.

Needs sorted out. It's gonna be a big problem against better teams.

don't agree with that bezzrr McHugh whilst a bit slow I agree, is a leader with a great left foot and him Campbell and bigi will roll over a lot of midfields I think this season. he went back to defence and also looked dominant. it's looking good in midfield

How was Rose today?

1st half he tracked back once at my side after 10 mins and looked knackered. I couldn't believe how tired he looked but 2nd Half I thought he done gd and along with Campbell and McHugh dominating midfield.when bigi replaced him we were better again

Really had the fear about that today. All the positive posts on here pre match it just looked like the typical day when our club would let us down again.

The first half was so so and at half time I thought we would blow it but I also remembered how our manager has changed thing before at half time and he did it again. Dunne was having a mare with his passing and Hammell 's first pass down the side to Tait set the tone. His distribution was much better. Then Bigi came on and we looked much more of a threat. Up to then our midfield three all were too similar with none of them prepared to break forward.

Campbell became a huge influence on the game winning second balls and bringing others into the game.

Kipre what a player absolutely outstanding.

Bowman looks as if he got a new brain and another goal will only help his confidence.

When the play was in front of us I noticed how Hartley was talking all the time, he looks a real leader and could be an improvement on Heneghan. When Hartley went off and McHugh went back to centre half we lost a bit in midfield despite McHugh not having the best of games.

So now on to two of the cuddly toys of the media, Hibs and Aberdeen. Three more points and a cup semi final after these three games and we might start dreaming of top six.

• Like 2

. Killie pretty poor second half but if not for our 2nd goal on another day just might have nicked a point late on as we began to sit in.

Edited for me the biggest difference in any other for a long time. This team seems to know how to grind out results and so be it if it's ugly. So refreshing to watch.

Now if only the National team could drop the unlucky losers and they came so close nonsens and just grind results out no matter how bad it looks.

That's a rant for another day tho. Today had every faith we would win even as the time dragged on as this team really has spades of self belief

A good win today and that'll give us all a boost. It was very much a game of two halves. It was nip and tuck in the first 45 and both sides could have scored although we had the bulk of the chances. Robbo perhaps put the wrong team out. The midfield was strong and combative but lacking in creativity and that showed. In short it was the wrong combination. Dunne clearly wasn't well and shouldn't have started, but robbo held his hands up to that. Still it shows that Dunne has commitment. The team seemed lop sided with Frear being badly missed. Moult too was playing out of position; on the wing or behind his midfielders. I felt a bit sorry for Cadden as he was our only real outball and boy did Killie know it. Our play was characterised by numerous stray passes.

To his credit, Robbo recognised our weaknesses and made cruciaI game changing substitutions with the appearance of Hammell, and Bigi. That gave us more creativity and ultimately our 2 goals. We played some decent football spurred on by an excellent Campbell who fought terrier like for 90 minutes. Bowman played well and took his goal well; Hartley looked the part and was plainly organising the defence. He may yet prove to be a crucial signing. Carson was impressive in goals; and Kipper had another great game. I thought he was unlucky to be yellow carded for what looked like a good tackle to me. We ran out good winners but did worryingly sat back a bit in the latter staqes.

A good performance but there are lessons to be learned. We were a bit exposed down the wings at times and we need to get the balance between caution and creativity right in the middle of the park. Still we look a far better team than we were last season and thinmgs are definitely looking up. There is more fight and determination in the team now and its showing. Stephen Robinson is proving to be a good manager.

• Like 1

We won so don't take any lessons on board?

That's a great game plan for when we go away to a team who, like Rangers and St. Johnstone, will probably be Top 6 this season.

I'm sure the 2 Uefa pro licensed coaches we have in charge will learn from games so don't you worry your wee socks.

• Like 2

After watching the highlights, Ryan's finish was even more impressive. I thought at the game he had just smashed it, also Louis was very unlucky not to get a goal from open play. Nice touch by steelman to go into the stand and celebrate with the young well fans at Ryan's goal.

• Like 1

We won so don't take any lessons on board?

That's a great game plan for when we go away to a team who, like Rangers and St. Johnstone, will probably be Top 6 this season.

I'm quite sure any lessons that need to be learnt will be done so by Robinson/lasley. As for us supporters, we can just enjoy that winning feeling and not shite ourselves about what might go wrong in the next game.
  • Like 1