Scottish Premiership Game 14: Celtic (H) 29/11/17 19:45

CoF

Och it was never a fucking penalty. Never. I honestly cant believe there is any debate about it. It was the worst decision at Fir Park since the disallowed offside goal against Rangers a few years ago. If you watch the footage that supposedly shows it as a stonewaller you can see Collum pointing at the spot before McGregor has landed from his first flip.

I am still utterly furious. Cant honestly remember being as angry after a game. Seeing folk actually believing the shite being pedalled by media outlets and Celtic that it was a fair decision is boiling my blood even more.

Might need to start smoking again or something.

Was it a foul on Moult for the free kick?

Was it a foul on Moult for the free kick?

That was right in front of us.

Im not sure it was, but as I remember it, Brown had a couple of nibbles at him and Collum uncharacteristicaly tried to play advantage, but Moult went down, possibly cheaply...

So the final challenge the foul was given for was soft, but there was at least one foul in the sequence of play Im sure...

That was right in front of us.

Im not sure it was, but as I remember it, Brown had a couple of nibbles at him and Collum uncharacteristicaly tried to play advantage, but Moult went down, possibly cheaply...

it's on the bbc highlights.

Omitted from the club highlights for some reason....

I've now seen the highlights and the penalty decision from another angle.

I can see why the penalty was given. Soft, but I can see it.

The foul on Moult looks soft. I'd be raging if that was given against us and the opposition scored.

There. I said.

Compare the 'contact' of Brown on Moult to the 'contact' in Sunday's incident, which had more force? Compare the challenge Campbell got booked for (might not have been his booking but it was for getting in front of Brown).

• Like 1

Compare the 'contact' of Brown on Moult to the 'contact' in Sunday's incident, which had more force? Compare the challenge Campbell got booked for (might not have been his booking but it was for getting in front of Brown).

Absolutely.

Sundays remains an absolute howler and Sinclair should be utterly ashamed. Astonished he's not been cited.

Looking at footage from last night I don't think the injustice is what I first thought it was. Soft free kick. Soft penalty. Nothing more.

Absolutely.

Sundays remains an absolute howler and Sinclair should be utterly ashamed. Astonished he's not been cited.

Looking at footage from last night I don't think the injustice is what I first thought it was. Soft free kick. Soft penalty. Nothing more.

Yeah I'm a tad sheepish now having seen that angle.

I didn't think it was a penalty at the time- with a pretty good view from the East Stand- and I still don't, but it's more of a 60/40 decision than the 99/1 I initially thought.

it's more of a 60/40 decision than the 99/1 I initially thought.

In that case its not a penalty. A referee has to be absolutely sure before awarding one. If a ref thinks it was even 80/20 then thats not sufficient. I usually go by our players' reactions, as thats a good yardstick and I've rarely seen them so incensed.

In that case its not a penalty. A referee has to be absolutely sure before awarding one. If a ref thinks it was even 80/20 then thats not sufficient. I usually go by our players' reactions, as thats a good yardstick and I've rarely seen them so incensed.

From this angle- which will have been similar to Collum's- it looks pretty clear clut.

https://twitter.com/vlr/status/936275297347031041

I'm still not 100% convinced either way but I can definitely see why it was given now.

From this angle- which will have been similar to Collum's- it looks pretty clear clut.

Agreed. Not sure about being similar to Collum's angle but this is the best angle I've seen it from yet, especially in slow motion, and it does indeed look pretty clear cut. MacGregor cuts in front of Rose and then backs into him, as if he's shielding the ball and then falls forward. If anything it should be a foul to us.

This 'there was contact' pish, is baffling to me, particularly when its coming from our own supporters...there was contact between Sinclair and Kipre on Sunday but the dirty, disgusting wee tosser dived, and so did McGregor on Wednesday...yes, there was contact, but he instigated the contact and then went down.

In short, both disgusting, diving bastards, deceived referees who were happy to comply.

• Like 8

As for the foul on Moult for our free-kick...yes, it could be described as 'soft', however as was discussed on Radio Scotland last night, a free-kick 30-odd yards out with 20mins to go is so far removed from a contentious penalty kick in the dying moments of a game. Celtic had ample opportunity to defend the free-kick properly, while 9times out of 10 penalties hit the back of the net....They aren't comparable situations, and if we are going down that road, there will be corner kicks, by-kicks, throw-ins that will have been given incorrectly at some point that have resulted in goals...but they aren't the same as giving a striker a free shot at goal from the penalty spot.

Celtic and their fans are muddying the waters, and we shouldn't be allowing it to happen.

That said, I'm not a fan of the statement thing at all, as others have said, leave that to the Glasgow wankers...I'd have preferred that we let it be known we were unhappy via a press conference, and allow the media to report it. Burrows, McMahon, Lasley, sitting in the press conference today telling it like it is...calling out Brown on his stuff about our fans, while his fans are wrecking our stand (again), calling out Rodgers on decisions that have gone for his team this season.

have preferred that we let it be known we were unhappy via a press conference, and allow the media to report it. Burrows, McMahon, Lasley, sitting in the press conference today telling it like it is...calling out Brown on his stuff about our fans.

I was under the impression a lot of the press rarely bother sending anyone to our press conference and just gleen some lines from the online stuff we put out.

May have remembered that wrongly though? Think it was from a tweet from Alan Burrows?

I was under the impression a lot of the press rarely bother sending anyone to our press conference and just gleen some lines from the online stuff we put out.

May have remembered that wrongly though? Think it was from a tweet from Alan Burrows?

I believe thats generally the case...I reckon any of our press conferences would be highly attended this week though, and even more so if we told them beforehand that there a few things we wanted to air in public

Just because there is contact doesnt mean its a foul

Exactly. This seems to be where Brendan Rogers is a bit confused. He feels that there being contact means that both were stonewall penalties but then he doesn't feel that Moult was fouled by Brown despite there being contact.

Maybe been asked and answered before...but does anyone know the reasoning behind Celtic fans being in the North side of the Phil O'Donnell Stand? Really wasn't ideal having both sets of fans leaving together on Wednesday night given the tensions after the penalty. Get the need/desire to sell tickets, but any reason why they can't be at the South end and ideally held back 10 mins?

Maybe been asked and answered before...but does anyone know the reasoning behind Celtic fans being in the North side of the Phil O'Donnell Stand? Really wasn't ideal having both sets of fans leaving together on Wednesday night given the tensions after the penalty. Get the need/desire to sell tickets, but any reason why they can't be at the South end and ideally held back 10 mins?

Yep. Don't understand why they put them there. There was a few skirmishes after the game right at the corner of Knowetop avenue and fir park street.

i would put them in the plastic seats on south side and keep them in for 15 minutes after the game.