The Small-Medium Rebuild 2018'19

Andy_P

6 hours ago, MelvinBragg said:

Campbell is a fantastic player and will get better but we do have bodies in the midfield who can do similar jobs even if not to the same level. 

I don't know that we another Campbell type of player, Greg. Initially he came across as a defensive midfield destroyer similar maybe in style to McHugh or perhaps Grimshaw but as the season wore on he added an  attacking threat to his game.  We don't have any other player who can do a similar job.     

11 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

I don't know that we another Campbell type of player, Greg. Initially he came across as a defensive midfield destroyer similar maybe in style to McHugh or perhaps Grimshaw but as the season wore on he added an  attacking threat to his game.  We don't have any other player who can do a similar job.     

Personally I think Grimshaw is the most similar, just not to quite the same level. Like Campbell, he likes doing all the defensive work although during Grimshaw’s bit of form in the second half of the season, he managed to show there’s a bit of player in there with some of his runs and crosses, especially on the right side of the pitch.

Seems like good business to me. The boy has a good record, regardless of what level it has been at. Cardiff obviously spotted similar potential but it didn't work out for whatever reason.

I'd be pretty happy if we got a left wing back, a centre mid and another striker in. I think that would be ample if we can keep everyone else (probably unlikely)

Just a guess, but I would suggest the signings so far indicate that we are going to improve on what we are good at rather than trying to add more technically inclined players than we had last season. I think a change in style would be unwise but wouldn't mind seeing a few more ball players in the mix.

On the face of it he seems like the type of forward we’re missing, and offers something  different to what we have.

Whether he can translate his goal scoring from what ever league he played in to ours is a different story. We seem to have had mixed results in that regard.

Always a risk when someone steps up a league or two. From the highlights posted on Twitter, half his goals shown were scored by shooting straight at a dodgy keepers who then let them squirm underneath.

That's not his fault of course - look forward to seeing what he can offer. Will take a little while for him to adjust, I expect, so anticipate the usual dismissive comments on here after his first few appearances.

8 hours ago, weeyin said:

Always a risk when someone steps up a league or two. From the highlights posted on Twitter, half his goals shown were scored by shooting straight at a dodgy keepers who then let them squirm underneath.

That's not his fault of course - look forward to seeing what he can offer. Will take a little while for him to adjust, I expect, so anticipate the usual dismissive comments on here after his first few appearances.

I would agree with that statement, but SR has always said that he would sign players with potential and hopefully with pre season under his belt the coaches can make him a better player, although like this post can't see it happening overnight and as supporters will have to be patient, even if memory serves more correctly King Louis was not an instant hit. I take it he was full time at Gateshead as it always takes a few months to get these players from these clubs up to our fitness level for the SPFL.

Now we need a fast winger which would require SR to change his style oh and get rid of Frear .Also need Cadden playing further up the pitch I know he was selected for Scotland but I really feel his career has went back the way in the position he has been asked to fill 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bart Verheul said:

Robbo saying we are 99.9% certain to sign a creative midfielder. Also says he has real stature, so fingers crossed its not ali crawford and is more like bigi on steroids.

And another striker and another winger a possibility.

50 minutes ago, Lobey_Dosser said:

I think the incoming midfielder will have a huge role to play in determining our style of play this season.

Robinson’s interview would suggests we are pursuing a forward thinking wide player. I thought a left back would be no.1 priority. 

Unless he see's Donnelly as our new right back and Tait as our left back.