The Small-Medium Rebuild 2018'19

Andy_P

36 minutes ago, supermarv said:

Pretty sad to see us signing nobody and other clubs round about us and even Killie signing some promising players on loan. Like Goss just signed for StJohnstone and some Canadian international signed for Killie from Liverpool both on loan but would be a quick stop gap for us to sign a young promising player not costing much. 

We made our signings at the start of the window, effectively 3 of them by bringing Hastie back 

What happened to the BIG target man Robbo was talking about and the only left back we have at the club is a young lad Livingstone who has potential but to run the rest of the season with no one else is totally wrong. I'll be gutted if this window shuts with nothing happening.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DEWELL said:

What happened to the BIG target man Robbo was talking about and the only left back we have at the club is a young lad Livingstone who has potential but to run the rest of the season with no one else is totally wrong. I'll be gutted if this window shuts with nothing happening.

You know our first, second and third choice left back (and probably 4th) is still at the club right?  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Wellfan1984 said:

You know our first, second and third choice left back (and probably 4th) is still at the club right?  

I'm at a loss as to who these guys are. Richard Tait who is a very good RIGHT BACK. plays left back and Grimshaw plays in his position and he's crap there. Elliot Frear whose never a left wing back in a million years also plays there and Dunne who Robinson even admits isn't comfortable at left back also plays there.

44 minutes ago, DEWELL said:

Question is do we waste money now or wait until the summer for the right players ? If someone we really want becomes available fine but other than that surely we can make do with who we already have given we are safe. Couple of places higher and a bit more money against spending money on players not really what we wanted ?

As I said earlier, it strikes me that any short term signing now would simply a waste of money.  If a player were to become available that we could get that would be a good long term signing then it's a different story. 

Wouldn't be upset to see Hartley go. Good first six months, has been all mouth and trousers since. Unlikely though. 

Taylor-Sinclair has started 5 games this season.  Tends to suggest that he doesn't leave a massive gap in the squad. 

For me, we've trimmed some wages from the squad without seriously weakening the first team. Job done. Switch off the lights at Fir Park and go home...

If I remember correctly the manager said that we needed someone to step up to the role of the lone striker, and didn’t explicitly say that we were going to sign a big target man. Even if he did, we’ve won two games since then and we’re almost certainly safe, so it may be that the club don’t want to spend money someone when there’s nothing to be gained for it financially.

according to the BBC

Hibs close to Bigirimana deal

bbf6c504-9434-4a9b-9225-19172193309f.jpg

Scott Mullen

BBC Scotland

Motherwell midfielder Gael Bigirimana could be on his way to managerless Hibernian.

Bigirimana, who spent a short spell on loan at Rangers without playing a game, has found regular game time hard to come by at Fir Park, particularly since the emergence of David Turnbull.

With his deal up in the summer, it is believed Hibs are close to completing a deal for his services.

1 minute ago, Yorkyred said:

He goes with my full blessing, probably on big money and in my view no big loss.

Agreed,he's bound to be one of our highest earners,so it will be good if we can get him off the wage bill.campbell looks like he's on the way to getting back to his best and gorrin has been good the last couple of games so bigi's time on the park will be limited if he was to stay.

• Like 1

Would be disappointing to see bigi go, particularly to a rival. Good guy, good player and much better chance of making an impact in new formation. Hibs move also an odd one i think? 

Just on window generally, turnbull has been the biggest boost. Plus rosco, he came unfit but seems to have been written off because he's, unfit. Could still be a dynamite signing and an additional season looks plausible.

• Like 1

Our seasons done, we got knocked out the cup and then made ourselves safe!

Theres no way 2/3 teams below us can put a run together to catch us, and we have shown on occasion we are more than capable of picking up the odd result.

Likewise, 6th is out of sight.

Clear out some dead wood, give some of our own young players some time on the park, and start planning for the summer.

Why would we want to waste time and money giving game time to someone else’s player? and there’s no need to panic buy as there’s no panic....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kat said:

Inverness apparently after Sammon as they sold a striker to Hamilton earlier. Getting a bit late in the day to get replacements in if he and Bigi were to move on. 

Gillespie 

Grimshaw Aldred Dunne Tait

Campbell Gorrin Turnbull 

Hastie Main Ariyibi 

Subs 

McHugh

Hartley 

Livingstone

Frear

McCormack 

Johnson

Mbulu

Scott

Cadden 

Not sure we need to bring anyone in even if both leave...

23 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

Gillespie 

Grimshaw Aldred Dunne Tait

Campbell Gorrin Turnbull 

Hastie Main Ariyibi 

Subs 

McHugh

Hartley 

Livingstone

Frear

McCormack 

Johnson

Mbulu

Scott

Cadden 

Not sure we need to bring anyone in even if both leave...

My only concern would be a backup for Gillespie - not sure if Ferguson is ready to step in. I suppose that is fairly low risk (and you can often get an emergency loan for a keeper).