Jump to content

Andy_P

The Small-Medium Rebuild 2018'19

Recommended Posts

Possibly talking about the likes of Watt or Crawford, so the deals fell through?

Would not surprise me if our dealing was pretty much done for now, and any further movement only being triggered by players leaving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, The African said:

Possibly talking about the likes of Watt or Crawford, so the deals fell through?

Would not surprise me if our dealing was pretty much done for now, and any further movement only being triggered by players leaving.

Robinson did mention that he was looking to get another forward in and I don't reckon we'll have put all our eggs in one Tony Watt shaped basket, if we were even in for him. 

Description of the player he's after sounds very similar to Petravicius though so let's hope if we get someone that he works out better than him...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair, given the massive number of new faces we brought in last year, the fact that we ended up with so few duffers (like Petravicius) is a testament to our signing policy. Even the top clubs do well to have a 40 or 50% success rate and ours must have been much higher than that. (Almost Gannon levels...)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, weeyin said:

To be fair, given the massive number of new faces we brought in last year, the fact that we ended up with so few duffers (like Petravicius) is a testament to our signing policy. Even the top clubs do well to have a 40 or 50% success rate and ours must have been much higher than that. (Almost Gannon levels...)

 

Plummer, Petravicius, Hendrie and Fisher are the ones that spring to mind. Bigirimana and Grimshaw maybe didn't have the impact that we'd have hoped...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grimshaw certainly came on to a game so I would take him off that list and even Hendrie wasn't a disaster, done okay I would say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was Plummer ever not injured long enough for us to have any opinion of him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably nonsense, but according to this dubious website, The Rangers want Cadden:

https://www.kickoff.co.uk/86622/rangers-set-for-huge-signing-from-premiership-rivals/

RANGERS SET FOR HUGE SIGNING FROM PREMIERSHIP RIVALS

It has already been an incredibly hectic summer for Rangers, with comings and goings galore. New boss Steven Gerrard is rebuilding his squad to compete once more and, if reports are to be believed, he’s far from done.

The draw of the new project underway at Ibrox is sizeable and, as such, players from around the Scottish Premiership are looking towards the capital hoping for a move. For one man from Motherwell that could soon become a reality.

Midfielder Chris Cadden has been linked with a move away from Fir Park for some time now after a number of excellent campaigns, and it now appears that Gerrard sees him as one of the finishing pieces to his puzzle.

As a fully capped Scottish international Cadden’s pedigree is clear. What some may wonder, however, is just how much influence he’s able to have on his side domestically.

The 21-year-old only played in 17 of Motherwell’s 38 top-flight matches last season, but the positive influence he had on those around him is clear for all to see.

As his side endured relative struggles and finished in the bottom half of the table, Cadden’s presence was an all too rare shining light. Average goals scored per game increased by 40% with him in the side, average goals conceded dropped by a third and, most importantly, matches were won 47% of the time compared to just 24% without.

Still a young man, Cadden’s is a talent that must be nurtured. In Gerrard, he would have a manager who has played in his position at the highest level, and who would undoubtedly be able to impart invaluable wisdom that would help him during his future career.

A move to Rangers would be a magnificent step for Cadden, and he has the quality to contribute to the side right away too. If a fee can be agreed upon that suits Motherwell’s needs, this could be a deal that truly benefits all parties.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As soon as it said that he had only featured in 17 league games, I stopped reading. If you're going to take the time to  make stuff up and put it out there, take some time to do some basic research...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"looking towards the capital looking for a move"

The capital?  OK then... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Hoped" to have it completed by the end of the week. Nothing against Robinson, but I don't remember many of his signing deadline predictions being on the money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dinnae-punt-it said:

Probably nonsense, but according to this dubious website, The Rangers want Cadden:

https://www.kickoff.co.uk/86622/rangers-set-for-huge-signing-from-premiership-rivals/

RANGERS SET FOR HUGE SIGNING FROM PREMIERSHIP RIVALS

It has already been an incredibly hectic summer for Rangers, with comings and goings galore. New boss Steven Gerrard is rebuilding his squad to compete once more and, if reports are to be believed, he’s far from done.

The draw of the new project underway at Ibrox is sizeable and, as such, players from around the Scottish Premiership are looking towards the capital hoping for a move. For one man from Motherwell that could soon become a reality.

Midfielder Chris Cadden has been linked with a move away from Fir Park for some time now after a number of excellent campaigns, and it now appears that Gerrard sees him as one of the finishing pieces to his puzzle.

As a fully capped Scottish international Cadden’s pedigree is clear. What some may wonder, however, is just how much influence he’s able to have on his side domestically.

The 21-year-old only played in 17 of Motherwell’s 38 top-flight matches last season, but the positive influence he had on those around him is clear for all to see.

As his side endured relative struggles and finished in the bottom half of the table, Cadden’s presence was an all too rare shining light. Average goals scored per game increased by 40% with him in the side, average goals conceded dropped by a third and, most importantly, matches were won 47% of the time compared to just 24% without.

Still a young man, Cadden’s is a talent that must be nurtured. In Gerrard, he would have a manager who has played in his position at the highest level, and who would undoubtedly be able to impart invaluable wisdom that would help him during his future career.

A move to Rangers would be a magnificent step for Cadden, and he has the quality to contribute to the side right away too. If a fee can be agreed upon that suits Motherwell’s needs, this could be a deal that truly benefits all parties.

Even if true Rangers won’t pay what he’s worth. Anyone that leaves needs to move down to England to benefit the club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I lost faith when they started calling Glasgow the capital. Seriously, who writes this pish?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at their website, I'm guessing it's basically a clickbait site trying to earn affiliate cash by referring punters to join Bet355. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Motherwell reject Ryan Bowman bid from Grimsby Town

The striker has a year left on his contract at Fir Park and Motherwell have warned potential bidders nobody will be sold on the cheap.

Motherwell last night booted out a bid from Grimsby Town for targetman Ryan Bowman.

Record Sport understands the Fir Park club had no hesitation in knocking back the five figure approach from the League Two outfit as it was way below their valuation. 

Geordie hitman Bowman is under contract with the Steelmen until next summer after penning a one-year extension in April.

The 26-year-old - who was snapped up on a free transfer from Gateshead in August 2016 - is viewed as a key man by boss Stephen Robinson.

And Motherwell have told any potential bidders no one in the squad will be allowed to go on the cheap.

Well have already bounced a £250,000 bid for Cedric Kipre from Hull City in to touch, with a £1m price tag placed on the Ivory Coast centre back.

Bowman won’t command a seven figure fee but is rated at way beyond the numbers on offer from Grimsby.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/motherwell-reject-ryan-bowman-bid-12927272

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to radio clyde, Robinson said the club did reject a bid from Grimsby for bowman and he hopes to have a new striker by the end of today.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly did not think we would get a bid for bowman what do we think the actual valuation of him is? 150k and an add on is what i would be happy with?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always suspect that these stories are just put out by the club in order to try and generate some interest. Same with the Kipre bid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Heisenboab said:

I always suspect that these stories are just put out by the club in order to try and generate some interest. Same with the Kipre bid.

I doubt it very much.  If that were the case we'd have a string of clubs publicly denying these rumours and the club would soon earn a reputation.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really hope it's not Sammon. Far too similar too what we already have. IMO we need a striker with a better technical ability

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it's Bowman out Sammon in that's like for like.

If our four strikers are Main, Johnston, Bowman and Sammon don't expect much entertainment this season.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Twitter @MotherwellFC

×