The 'Magnificent' David Turnbull Discussion Thread

sailor_h

On Motherwell's handling of the David Turnbull situation, what are your thoughts (assuming no minimum release clause)?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. On Motherwell's handling of the David Turnbull situation, what are your thoughts (assuming no minimum release clause)?

• Happy we have accepted the quoted fee of 3.25m + add ons.
    • Think we should have held out for more, but still sold this summer
    • Think we should have kept David for at least one more season
    • Happy we have accepted the quoted fee of 3.25m + add ons, but shouldn't have accepted a bid from a club in Scotland
    • Other thoughts. Please comment

5 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Tam McManus on twitter is saying that Turnbull needs a tidy up operation on his knee and will be out for 10-12 weeks.

The rumour I heard today was that he needs both knees done.

Tam McManus, Joe Miller etc etc all these experts closet the club and/ or player and/or agent... The media are clutching at straws trying to get quotes where they can. 

Turnbull is pulling in us a packet! He is totally fine, no need for an MOT or diagnostic. #fakenews

11 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Tam McManus on twitter is saying that Turnbull needs a tidy up operation on his knee and will be out for 10-12 weeks.

The rumour I heard today was that he needs both knees done.

The rumour that I heard today is that it’s nothing to do with his knee but that he’s been using one of Chris Porter’s legs since Christmas. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, fergi4 said:

Tam McManus, Joe Miller etc etc all these experts closet the club and/ or player and/or agent... The media are clutching at straws trying to get quotes where they can. 

Turnbull is pulling in us a packet! He is totally fine, no need for an MOT or diagnostic. #fakenews

Tam McManus is well in with Hammell, Faddy, Big Mick etc.

He won't be putting stuff up on Twitter from nowhere.

7 minutes ago, weeyin said:

The rumour I heard today was that Turnbull was murdered by ISIS last September and replaced by a Russian spy kid with a dodgy haircut.

Yep, if you listen to the commentary of the Livingston game backwards it all but confirms this. 

So bored of this now it's time to tell them to fuck off grow a set of balls.If they don't meet the price in the contract or don't want to pay then say nah it's beyond a joke now.

The club couldn't wait to announce this deal now nothing but radio silence we not good enough to be kept in the loop anymore?.I am sure they know or could come out with something regarding the situation.

2 hours ago, David said:

It's not often I say it, but I wish we were more like Aberdeen. Of late they've taken zero shite from the Mould Firm, having knocked Celtic's £3.5 million bid for McKenna out the park before it even had a chance to gather steam last season.

Both Celtic and Rangers know that if you go chapping their door you better smarten the fuck up and not play funny buggers. Let's hope we do the same if they try to fuck us about regarding the fee for Turnbull, as the way our club deal with this situation will set something of a benchmark for how other clubs will view dealing with us for our top young talent in future.

Tbf, I'm not really sure what else we could've done?

Rejected a bid, told them to meet the valuation.

Celtic meet the valuation.

Then stuff happened. Dunno how we were in control of any more?

27 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Are we talking about the same Tam McManus that was tweeting about Griffiths retiring, terribly cryptically, then pretended it was something else entirely when it turned out to be absolute hokum? Or was that a different Tam McManus?

23 minutes ago, MrBeee said:

So bored of this now it's time to tell them to fuck off grow a set of balls.If they don't meet the price in the contract or don't want to pay then say nah it's beyond a joke now.

The club couldn't wait  were forced to announce this deal after it was leaked to the media now nothing but radio silence we not good enough to be kept in the loop anymore?.I am sure they know or could come out with something regarding the situation.

Fixed that for you...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Are we talking about the same Tam McManus that was tweeting about Griffiths retiring, terribly cryptically, then pretended it was something else entirely when it turned out to be absolute hokum? Or was that a different Tam McManus? 

When was that?

I saw Griffiths the other day and I was genuinely just thought he was a junkie until at first.

43 minutes ago, steelboy said:

And the selling club can say no.

Celtic weren't shy about 9 million for Eduoard or 1.5 million for Jack Hendry.

Yeah Celtic are experts at releasing info when it suits to appease their fans. I take any fee they quote with a pinch of salt, just like their attendance figures. Masters of the art of deceit are Celtic.

Some fees are inflated to include the wages that they are paying during the new contract. . Along the lines of today’s BBC news “ signing XXX at a cost of £8m”. Whereas the transfer fee might be £5m with wages and possible add ons taken it up to the £8m. But it sounds great to their  fans if they are buying a player costing £8m and shows they are not stashing cash away. A check of the fee quoted by the overseas selling club can be quite revealing. I don’t trust a word that comes out of Celtic Park.

36 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Why would Hammell be leaking confidential club info to Tam McManus? 

• Like 1

Hello it's Celtic here just letting you know Motherwell wee Tam McManus has told us Turnbull has a pair of dodgy knees so we want to take the sell off fee cause we will punt him for about 30-40 million in a few years also we are thinking you pay for the operation aswell and plus to do you a favour we can take him off your hands half price then you don't have to burden of the wage aswell.

It will be a pay as he plays deal next.

5 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Why would Hammell be leaking confidential club info to Tam McManus? 

Because Motherwell FC isn't MI6.

UK cabinet meetings get leaked before they are finished but it's obviously unpossible that anyone would discuss Turnbull's transfer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steelboy said:

Because Motherwell FC isn't MI6.

UK cabinet meetings get leaked before they are finished but it's obviously unpossible that anyone would discuss Turnbull's transfer. 

Employers generally take a harder line on disclosure of confidential information than governments do.

People only leak if there is some personal gain. Unless Hammell is looking for a creative way to be sacked, there's not much to be gained there.

(Maybe the board has asked him to leak to push down our asking price, right enough. Clever stuff).

• Like 1

Bit unfair speculating that any 'info" McManus has could have been leaked from Hammell.  Wasn't McManus working as an SFA  coach based at Braidhurst? More likely he's heard one of the countless rumours going round and decided it was worth tweeting to make himself sound knowledgeable.

Is it just me that thinks Turnbull will be going nowhere this transfer window, a dodgy knee that may or may not need surgery, and all the treatment table time that goes with it.

So are we really surprised Celtic are having second thoughts and probably looking to change the terms of the deal, every team would do the same, that might even be the reason the Norwich deal went pear shaped.

Stuart Webber, the Norwich Sporting Director, made it clear it was Turnbull's decision not to sign for Norwich.

Also had a pop at Celtic' s  tweet in the article: -

"He was with us on Thursday, talks went well and we rolled out the red carpet - as we would - and he chose Celtic, which was his choice," City's sporting director explained.

"Good player, good lad, good representatives, he's chosen a great club. I'm not sure I would have chosen them after the way they spoke about me in the media but that's his choice

• Like 2

• David locked this topic