GazzyB

Vs Hibs

No match thread yet? 

2-1 to us, Liam Donnelly with all three. 

Honestly have no idea how this will go, play like we did against Hearts and it’s another defeat however I can’t see us been that bad again. We still need to strengthen and as yet it’s not happened. I expect Tait and Carroll to return with Long starting again up front. Other than that anything could happen.

I'd like to see a front three of Long, Scott and Cole.

I think we might struggle with Allan and Mallan 

Bad news everyone. I’m making a rare visit to Fir Park for this one, and I haven’t seen us score a goal since 2013.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Hard to say how this is going to go as both teams have been a bit up and down so far. Anything less than a draw however would be a bad result.  If we can perfom solidly, making no mistakes then the least we'll achieve is a point. That might not be as easy as it sounds however.     

This is an important match for me.

A shite Hearts came here and won at a trot without even playing anything above average.

Now a shite Hibs are coming to Fir Park and if we don't put them away our chances of improvement, at least with Turnbull out, look limited.

Hibs best result and only win in their last 8 league matches was a late goal 1-0 win at home to St. Mirren.  They struggled to look convincing in the League Cup groups - a draw against bottom of League 2 Stirling, were far from convincing against Alloa and Elgin and then lost 3 goals to Morton.

No excuses.  These are the games we absolutely have to start winning if there is going to be any kind of progress.

• Like 1

Hib’s are in need of a boost after their last match against St Johnstone.  However I hope they have to wait until after todays game to get it. 

Scott did well on the wing last week so not surprising that he's kept his place. In the last couple of games, Seedorf has looked no worse than Ilic or Hylton so not stunned that he's starting. Interesting one for me is Dunne and Tait remaining on the bench, two guys previously that came into the category 'if they're fit, they play'. Lot of faith being shown in Carroll, Grimshaw and Hartley. In terms of Hartley and Carroll, I'm not convinced.  Still no Sloth either...

I wouldn't read too much into Hibs struggling to break down St Mirren. Having watched their game against Rangers last week, St Mirren sit pretty deep and concentrate on being hard to break down. On the evidence so far, we'll be a lot more open than them. Looking at their lineup with Allan, Mallan and Middleton, so might they be. Both teams to score might be the bet to make...

Wondering what the general opinion is on Dunne and Tait being dropped? Tait has struggled so far this season and Dunne’s distribution has been terrible but defended not too bad. Is the manager trying to address issues much quicker than normal? I think I’m the past he has persevered with underperforming players but maybe learning as he goes?  However, Seedorf starting kind of doesn’t fit into that. COYW

Surely Tait can’t be fully fit.......he’s not had a great start to the season but he’s a million miles ahead of Grimshaw as a full back. Also think we may miss Dunne’s pace at the back....

We not celebrate goals here any more ??

Just part of a new social media strategy that’s being tried out no doubt by SO. It’s all very complicated mathes of course. So wouldn’t want to bore your silly little mind about it....

1 minute ago, Andy H said:

How the fuck is that not a penalty???

I was just think the same thing.

Whittaker wrestles Hylton to the ground and he gets the free kick!:wallbash:

3 minutes ago, GraniteCityMFC said:

I was just think the same thing.

Whittaker wrestles Hylton to the ground and he gets the free kick!:wallbash:

And that's the reason we will never see VAR in Scotland.  It will highlight just how bad our ref actually are