Andy_P

Season 2020’21: St Mirren (A)

The return of the league, our international representatives and to winning ways?

9 hours ago, milo said:

1-0 St Mirren. Tait with the goal.

Looking forward to the game as always, eh?

Václav Hladký is doing his man-of-the-match heroics at Salford City this season, so we won't have him to deal with. 

3 - 1 to us, with two of them coming from O'Donnell crosses, Cole opening his account and St Mirren scoring when O'Donnell is caught too far up the park :P

Any kind of win will be a very good result. Hopefully we can find a decent performance and that will be enough but we have been so inconsistent this season, you wouldn't bet on it with any conviction.

St Mirren are struggling. We might have been playing dire so far this season but by all accounts they are even worse - and they should be when you compare both squads.

We should be looking to win this obviously but right now, any sort of win - even a dodgy decision win would be welcome and we should take and run. Should we win - aye. Confident of winning - naw. :(

Expect we might revert back to 433 soon with Cole right of the front three and Lang on the left, as Robinson’s favoured first 11. 

13 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

No refund? I emailed Kilmarnock and it was sorted pretty much straight away

Just contacted them and they have refunded, I had expected to hear something from them.

1 hour ago, Spiderpig said:

Another 3 St Mirren players testing positive for covid,  so missing Saturdays game

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54553075

This is how the protocols should work. When a player tests positive there should be a relatively small number impacted. Which makes the Killie situation all the more interesting - I wonder when that report will be available.

I wonder if us not playing in the groups of the league cup against lower league teams (with less rigorous testing protocols?) could end up being an advantage for us? St Mirren didn’t play during the week, but maybe this could contribute to future isolations?

56 minutes ago, weeyin said:

This is how the protocols should work. When a player tests positive there should be a relatively small number impacted. Which makes the Killie situation all the more interesting - I wonder when that report will be available.

Professor Leitch mentioned that Kilmarnock's outbreak was "workplace based" which is a bit different.

13 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Professor Leitch mentioned that Kilmarnock's outbreak was "workplace based" which is a bit different.

What does that mean? Aren't the protocols supposed to keep players segregated at their workplace with everything happening in small groups from dining and training to traveling to the match and changing?

17 minutes ago, weeyin said:

What does that mean? Aren't the protocols supposed to keep players segregated at their workplace with everything happening in small groups from dining and training to traveling to the match and changing?

Presumably thats why the outbreak was being investigated.

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

" workplace based" Does that mean they allegedley broke protocols by having the rumoured poker night at Rugby park :whistling:

Patient confidentiality and all that, but has it been confirmed what St Mirren players tested positive yet?

Back to 4 at the back or do we draft in Maguire, or are any of the young boys fit?

Official team news so far is Mugabi definitely out (obviously), Gallagher definitely starting, O'Donnell "will be assessed after playing three times in six days for Scotland" - although, to be fair, he did have to cover a lot more ground than Dec.

My guess is we'll line up with a back 3, but my guesses are usually wrong.

Give SOD the afternoon off and a long lie then get him in the team tomorrow

Losing Mugabi is a blow, with him out, the return of Cole and an improvement in our recent performances, I think we'll see a return to 4-3-3 tomorrow.