Welcome to Motherwell Graham Alexander

grizzlyg

9 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

In all seriousness the club need to do something about constant leaks. It is a red neck that it is being reported as a done deal on Sky, BBC, Sun and Rancid before an official announcement. 

They’re meeting the media tonight upon arrival from down South, hence, no official announcement.

Information could well be dropped into public domain by persons themselves. Well, it worked for that shyster Gallagher the other night...

7 minutes ago, Neilwell86 said:

Is it? Does it really matter at the end of the day. Suppose it would be preferable to hear it from the club first hand but that's social media and the internet for you. Most things are common knowledge before being announced.

Interested to hear why Kmac is so sure that this appointment will be a failure?

Depends what the club actually wants. If they want to do a big reveal like they normally do then I suspect that an hour after the news has broken and still nothing official. 

20 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Bit unfair to be posting these kind of “Rumours” about an individual. I don’t think you, I , or anyone else would be happy if we were named like this.

From what I’ve been told about him at the club he was a total banger and a part of our downfall ever since he joined the coaching staff. Never covered himself in glory when in the press or public all he spoke about was rangers.

3 minutes ago, supermarv said:

Was all over rangers forums and a well respected coach would’ve had far better jobs than what he’s had so far, poor results for the reserves also. 

What sort of record do you expect at reserve level? Development aside, there’s not a lot at stake with competition skewed when the awards are handed out. He’s raised standards & his methods were  enjoyed. May be that our new regime decide on a different approach, think you’ll find the decision was financial.

24 minutes ago, Neilwell86 said:

Is it? Does it really matter at the end of the day. Suppose it would be preferable to hear it from the club first hand but that's social media and the internet for you. Most things are common knowledge before being announced.

Interested to hear why Kmac is so sure that this appointment will be a failure?

Let’s see if it is Alexander - otherwise it won’t meant much. 
For me, more than anything, it’s perhaps sensing a case of the right appointment at the wrong time. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

What sort of record do you expect at reserve level? Development aside, there’s not a lot at stake with competition skewed when the awards are handed out. He’s raised standards & his methods were  enjoyed. May be that our new regime decide on a different approach, think you’ll find the decision was financial.

How do you know he raised standards, and reserve management is a pathway to senior management to allow you to showcase managerial skills, granted more so development but every game they set up to win the match and very rarely with him at the helm the team won. Such a well respected coach wouldn’t be managing in Norway or the Faroe Islands. Give yourself a break also with your constant responses, do you have notifications on for my posts? 

17 minutes ago, Big Wispy Flossy said:

So your sources are rangers forums - FFS. You do realise there are differences between managers and coaches

Of course, however at Motherwell the manager is pretty much also involved in the coaching side of it with it only previously being Robbo and Las who took training, this since Ross has joined the first team staff and first team performances have dropped, coincidence I don’t know, was only passing on information (not just from forums) that Ross was a negative influence at the club.

17 minutes ago, supermarv said:

How do you know he raised standards, and reserve management is a pathway to senior management to allow you to showcase managerial skills, granted more so development but every game they set up to win the match and very rarely with him at the helm the team won. Such a well respected coach wouldn’t be managing in Norway or the Faroe Islands. Give yourself a break also with your constant responses, do you have notifications on for my posts? 

image.jpeg.6277d4beede7f9d3aa870eecb5eb23b0.jpeg

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, supermarv said:

Really? Engage brain before speaking.

Promoted to be more hands on with first team by Robinson was a raise in standards at the time - reserve football isn’t all about winning. 
Experience was gained in Scandinavia to get onto the ladder whilst earning mqualifications before deciding to be nearer home for family reasons.

Get over yourself on responses, you’re not that important - it’s easy pickings. Stick to making up ‘exclusives’. It’s the first window you’ve not mentioned Marvin Johnson or Louis Moult returning.

• Haha 2

Well I would have preferred Wright but he’s had plenty of success down south and should have the contacts. Hopefully everyone gives him time and their full support and we can move upwards again with everyone pulling together.

I think in Mo Ross's defence, if he needs any, regarding results, he had a very young squad. Most of them were only 16 or 17. 

Quite happy with Alexander appointment, based purely on the Salford documentary and him being a relatively unknown for us. Someone over on p&b said his pal was a Coventry fan and Alexander's teams were always hard to beat, he will also sign bas****s. Good enough for me.